• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Yet another thread on the stats reset. Woohoo.

Has this thread changed your decision?

• Total voters

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
So, as many inexperienced forummers are doing, I decided making one of my own threads on the stats reset.

Let me start off by saying that the thread of the poll was made while I was forum banned, so i couldn't really make my opinion then, but now's my chance.

Let me alos start off by saying that this isn't going to be a one-sided argument. I've seen the threads people are making and looking at them I see that the majority of them are only in favour of one side, and I feel thats unfair. In the original poll, it gives short, bullet points of the pro's of that argument, but I shall go further in-depth. And, though personally I am in favour of no, I feel I should make it so that you get a taste of both sides of the argument. So lets get started, shall we?

No because...

So, lets start with the obvious. A lot of people would obviously quit. I know I would. These people would have worked for years for their stats. And to have those statistics stripped away from them just like that is just... Words can't describe it. I know that Gravey4rd said that "his MCSG career rests upon democracy" which I certainly take that that means he would quit.

Ok, so have people actually thought about what would happen? Most people already hate competitiveness, but come on, MCSG. As soon as the stats reset everybody will be going super-over competitive, striving to be number 1. People will be tryharding here, teaming there, and saying "eZ" everywhere.

The reality is, for a long time, it'll probably be hackers at the top aswell. The staff team have been working for ages watching the top 50 or so and checking they don't hack, and with the stats reset, they'd have to take that time and effort and do all that over again. For all we know, the next LeafyGreenTea could also be the next Gravey4rd .

And lastly, just think about it. People have been playing MCSG for over 2 years now, and to have the stats reset is like taking someones education, homework, hard-work, and just burning them in a fire. Sure, they may be saved on some old leader boards, but do you really think thats enough for 2+ years of dedication?

I know people say that its impossible for people to move through the ranks and get into a top spot, but thats definitely been proven wrong. A great example is Huahwi , he joined MCSG very late, and yet he managed to hold #3 for a long time!

Yes because...

Though I did say its possible, rising through the ranks is extremely hard, and resetting the stats is an amazing opportunity for people to show off their skills; people who would usually only be at around #4000 can show that they have the capacity to be at #100! Even I would have to admit that seeing who ended up being at #1 would definitely be super-duper interesting.

People who have really tried hard at MCSG have just given up because they can't compete with people who had "a 2 year head-start" . A stats reset would allow these players to start at the same time. Without this its like being in a running-race when the other person has started way before you. 4169 wins before to be exact.

Its simply unfair. No offence to Gravey4rd , he's a cracking bloke, but how long has he actually been holding #1? He doesn't give anyone a chance. It may just be time for someone else to have a go at being the best.

======================================================================

So, those are the reasons. Say what you wanna think, but my mind is definitely made up. thank-you all for reading this. It took me a while.

And now to tag some people : Mooclan OhFancy KitMencha Col_StaR Gravey4rd demonsushi HalfSquirrel

~Guy

Last edited:
S

Sepyz

Everyone seems to forget the fact that the staff team is suggesting resetting the leaderboards to further improve them, not just to give new players a shot at #1.

As two-sided as you claim your post to be, it seems awfully one-sided. There are more points to voting "Yes", whether someone wants that to be the end result or not. I would include a little more of the other option, as giving new players an opportunity to get a high rank is definitely not the only point the staff were trying to make by suggesting this.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Another good argument for yes: resetting the leaderboards would allow the devs to remake them with weekly/monthly/yearly leaderboards that everyone has been asking for.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
This is just a theory, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think wether you're banned or not is somehow connected to your stats, so maybe if your stats reset, all banned players will come back again. This sounds stupid, but I know it happened with MCSGv2, so it may well happen with this. ( Ava ) ( subv3rsion )
I don't know where you got that from, but it's definitely false. Being banned is in no way connected to your stats, asides from that when you are permanently banned, you are removed from the leaderboards. And no, that didn't happen in MCSG v2.

E

Ephiza

Should tag me c:

Ok, so my opinion on this is still the same, so I'll just copy past it.
NO!

Reasons?

Alright.

For one thing, a lot of people (including me) really want to get 1k wins. And you know what? I would rather be rank 500 with 1k wins, than be rank 1 with 20. For one thing, less targeting.
And like Mr_Gears said, the hacker problem IS at an all time high at the moment. Especially on weekends. And all that would come from this are boosters, teams of 4+, and hackers. (Im_Kiko anyone:p). If you remember the Im_Kiko problem, essentially, the same thing would happen. He was rank 1 at one point, and he was a hacker. He had very low killaura, so people where on the fence between whether or not he was a hacker, but, eventually he got banned. (It took a really long time though..). And to people that voted yes, clearly, I highly doubt you're thinking of other people, or the possible outcomes. There are exceptions like Julius345, but majority of the people that voted yes are creeper fanboys, or people that want free stat resets.

When stats reset came out, I had enough money to buy 10 stat resets, and diamond donor at the time. My ratio was a 1/9, and look where it is now. A 1/5.3 or so. I want to work for my ratio, not essentially be given easy wins, since a lot of good players would leave if this happened. I have the time to no life, so if I really wanted to, I could be high on the leaderboards. (I probably have more time than gravey4rd sooo..). I would rather work my way to the top, instead of essentially be given a silver platter of free wins.

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way, but I'm going to tell you exactly why since I want a long post :p. I (try) to be responsible, and I don't really like to be greedy. (Terrible comparison but #DealWithIt), this would be like taking money from a blind person. MCSG wins aren't hard to get, if there isn't a team of 3+(been seeing a lot more of those tbh..) or a hacker (hackers every game..on US too. Can't imagine how bad it is on EU).

If this where to happen, either make it so teaming in more than 2 bannable, and add clan servers, OR add a TON of people you KNOW would be good mods, and would be active, and make sure they're active. And please don't make it the players' job to report people. Make it so staff can ban w/o needing evidence, etc etc.

I've gotten a (imo) fairly large amount of wins, but it's nothing compared to top players. However, I have some friends who DO have large amounts of wins, and would literally just quit. People like CraftamaticNerd, Shake_Junt, BacccaPlays, GoldNinja, Slav, DietCoke all have 1k wins, and would (probably) be insanely po'd.

Also, what would happen, a LOT of the "competitive" side to mcsg would quit, and would mostly be left with randys, and hardly many good players.

ok imo this was fairly long, so time for a funny gif

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know where you got that from, but it's definitely false. Being banned is in no way connected to your stats, asides from that when you are permanently banned, you are removed from the leaderboards. And no, that didn't happen in MCSG v2.
It was just a theory, and I'll delete it. Theres no need to lash out at me :(. People had told me and all that stuff, so I just made an assumption. And I specifically remember moderators and staff saying that banned players came back, and Gibo said himself that he had to go through the old banned players list and ban them one by one. I also remember banned players coming back at the start of v2, and I saw banned players in-game such as ExKing. (I also saw a screenshot of LeafyGreenTea). Sorry if I'm wrong, I didn't mean to offend you.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
It was just a theory, and I'll delete it. Theres no need to lash out at me :(. People had told me and all that stuff, so I just made an assumption. And I specifically remember moderators and staff saying that banned players came back, and Gibo said himself that he had to go through the old banned players list and ban them one by one. I also remember banned players coming back at the start of v2, and I saw banned players in-game such as ExKing. (I also saw a screenshot of LeafyGreenTea). Sorry if I'm wrong, I didn't mean to offend you.
Banned players had to be rebanned manually because we completely redid the ban system, and the old ban system was incompatible with the new ban system. That isn't the case with Xime v2 thankfully, or we'd be working on rebanning people for days. :p

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Banned players had to be rebanned manually because we completely redid the ban system, and the old ban system was incompatible with the new ban system. That isn't the case with Xime v2 thankfully, or we'd be working on rebanning people for days. :p
Thats what I meant. Thanks. Editing it now ;)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, since this is such a major issue and both sides still have a disagreement to it, how about we do this:
There will be three types of leaderboards. Each of them will represent the old, the new, and the combined leaderboards.

Now, here's a description to each of the leaderboards...
The old leaderboards will represent all the hard work done in the community while playing Survival Games. People may say that not updating them isn't enough, even though they will still be around. However, the old statistics everyone worked hard on will still be around, people will still view them, it's just that they have been moved somewhere else for people to view, and they're simply not going to be updated.

The new leaderboards will be where everything is fresh and new, people will have reset statistics in that area, despite having to keep the old statistics elsewhere, people may still disagree that way, and yes, it gives a lot of people a chance to go and try their hardest in the game, even when taking drastic actions to disrespecting people, and worse, hacking. However, we have our great, and loyal staff for a reason, they will do their best to make it better for the community, and keep everything in line so no one hacks, or disrespects others. We have them because they can look at the new leaderboards to see if it rational to have a specific player, and what's a great advantage is that we can use the old leaderboards to see how the specific player did in the past, which could help people identify if they are legitimate or not, in a way of course...

The combined leaderboards is the third area, this is where BOTH new and old leaderboards are together, people can continue the old leaderboards through there, by adding the performance amounts using the new leaderboards. The old leaderboards, as stated, will not be updated. However, the new ones will of course (no duh). By using the combined leaderboards, we can add the new leaderboards performances by the old leaderboards, and it'll continue updating there.

Hopefully this doesn't cause any confusion, so meaning we give players who voted no to the reset a better chance to continue updating their statistics through the combined leaderboards while those who voted yes can simply use the new leaderboards to check out their statistics. This could take plenty of time to program as well, which will be a huge hassle for the developers and or the administrators, but I would believe it would be worth it if we can keep both sides in agreement. :)

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Thank you for presenting both sides of the argument on this thread, it's much more fair and causes less flame.

A well written thread. I personally have no real strong opinion on the matter, but find reading other's opinions interesting. Let's hope the final decision is positive for the community, but will most definitely shake things up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci