• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your best quote? Or message?

MultiBigTime

Experienced
Reaction score
What is your best quote from a family member or friend. Maybe even from a youtube video. You don't have to write it out just embed the video for us to see. :) Mine is below.

"All this technology we have its just a illusion. Community, companionship. A sense of inclusion, yet when you step away from this device of disillusion, your waken to see, a world of confusion. A world where we are slaves to technology we mastered. Where information gets sold to some rich greedy Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad. A world of self interest, self image, self promotion. Where we share all our best bits but leave out the emotion. We are at our most happy with a experience we share, but is it the same if no one is there? Be there for your friends and they'll be there too. But nobody will be if a group message is too. We pretend not to notice the social isolation, we put our words into order until our lives are listening. We don't even know if anyone is listening, being alone isn't a problem, let me just emphasize, you can read a book, paint a picture, or do some exersize. Your being productive and present not reserved to recluse. Your being awake and attentive and putting your time to good use. So when you are in public and you start to feel alone put your hands behind your head, and step away from your phone. You don't need to stare at your menu or contact list. Just talk to one another, learn to co-exist. I can't stand to hear the silence of beer, music or a train. When no one wants to talk for the fear of looking insane. We are becoming un-social, it no longer satisfy's to engage with one another and look into someones eyes, we're surrounded by children since we were born, have watched us living like robots and thinks its a norm. Its not very likely or make worlds greatest dad without using a iPad. When I was a child I would never be home. I would be with friends or on our bikes we roam. I would have holes in my trainers and grazes up my knees, or build our clubhouse high up in the trees. Now the park is so quite it gives me a chill. See no children outside and the swings hanging still. There is no skipping, hop scotch. We are a generation of idiots. Smart phones and dumb people. So look up from your phone, shut down the display. Take in your surroundings and take in most of today. Just one real connection is all it can take to show you the difference, that being there can take. Be there in the moment that she gives you the look, that you remember forever when love overtook. The time she first held your hand or first kiss on the lips. The first time you disagreed but you still love her to bits. The time you don't have to tell hundreds. Of what you have just done. Because you want to share the moment with this just one. The time you sell your computer so you can buy her a ring for the girl of your dreams, she is now the real thing. The time you want to start a family, and the moment when you first held your little girl, and get to fall in love again. The time she keeps you up at night, and all you want is rest. The time you wipe away the tears, as your baby flees the nest, the time your baby girl returns. For a boy for you to hold, and the time he calls you grandad as you feel real old. The time you hold your wifes hand, sit down beside her bed. You tell her that you love her. Lay a kiss upon her head. She then whispers to you quietly as a heart gives a final beat. That she's lucky she got stopped by that lost boy in the street. But none of these times ever happened. You never had any of this. When your too busy looking down, you don't see the chances miss. So look up from your phone. Shut down those displays. Don't waste your life in the net. As the end comes, nothings worse then regret. I am guilty too of part of this machine. We are heard but not seen. We type as we talk and read as we chat. When we spend hours together without making eye contact don't give people your like give them your love. Disconnect from the need to be heard and defined. Go out into the world, leave distractions behind. Look up from your phone, shut down that display. Stop reading this and go play."

Not even joking I had to write that out.

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
Ive seen that video from where you got the massive quote from.
My quote; 'The lower you fall, the higher you bounce back up.'

charbie

Career
Reaction score
My cousin used to think TV's were made out of blood so when I asked him if he wanted to watch TV he would shout 'The blood is watching me!' Pretty wierd

D

Damien // Teepwn

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo Buonarroti

My teacher put this quote up in my class last year and I've always remembered it since. :)

MultiBigTime

Experienced
Reaction score
These are all great quotes guys, but... Mine is still the longest.

EmporiumOfficial

Survivor
Reaction score

"Let’s face it – no matter how excited you are about a new project or priority in your life, there will always be days when your motivation lags. Days when – despite all the progress you’ve made in the past – it just sounds easier to sit on the couch playing video games than to buckle down and crank out the work needed to meet your goals.

In order to be successful, you must be able to motivate yourself past these humps. So whenever you feel your drive and determination lagging, turn to motivational quotes from famous authors to provide the extra spark of passion needed to keep you on track.

The following are some of my favorites, divided up into a few different categories. I hope you find them useful when it comes to sustaining your own motivation through difficult projects!" - Unknown​

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
"Clarity of thought before rashness of action" - Shockwave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci