• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your perspective of 'GG'

When do you think it's fair to say 'GG'

• Killing a pro player off spawn

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Killing a pro player after you both had full iron diamond swords

Votes: 86 92.5%

• Total voters

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When I played I said "gg" whenever I had fun. I really didn't care if I had better or worse gear. If the fight was fun that it was a good fight, because that was the only reason I played for. If you get annoyed by dying and having someone compliment you on a fight, than I think you are playing the game wrong :p

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Oh, look at that!
With the help of my three other teammates, I killed you! It doesn't matter that we managed to get weapons off of corn and immediately kill you...we still won!
I think I'll put GG 10 hearts in the chat so he knows I am a honorable fighter.

"geegee ten heartz"

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
If the guy gets me to less than 3 hearts or so or if he was generally good strategically. I once played this guy who I absolutely dominated, he had the right idea I just knew how to avoid it. He'd run flint n steel very quickly and then right after that try to bow me. It was a great technique and even though it didn't work I wanted to compliment him on it, so I said GG.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been playing online games competitively for 7ish years. I've noticed in the hardcore games "GG" is seemed more as an insult like "Your a noob and i owned you" whereas in MCSG it's more of a friendly "Hey dude, good fight, but I got the better of you :)"

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I've been playing online games competitively for 7ish years. I've noticed in the hardcore games "GG" is seemed more as an insult like "Your a noob and i owned you" whereas in MCSG it's more of a friendly "Hey dude, good fight, but I got the better of you :)"
No, it's starting to turn into 'You're a noob I owned you.'

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
I think I have the write to say 'GG' after I win a game, not it if it is cheap like kill stealing or anything.

I try to be liked by the community, and be not hated. I never say GG unless I win a Clan Battle and/or win the game.

Pro Tip: Saying "GG" when you target someone and/or team on a good player will never make people think you are good. Proves how rare that occasion is IMO.

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually find the capital "GG" less annoying than the lowercase. Why? Because the capital "GG" means that they were truly pumped that they killed you. They knew who you were, and were expecting to lose, so of course they would say "GG." But if someone just says "gg," they're acting all casual that they killed you, and they just want to show you how truly annoying they are.

Now: GG10hearts2ezstemroll. I know this is a joke, but it annoys the living crap out of me. Said to show pure cockiness.

MNGLOGANp

Diamond
Reaction score
>gets chased off spawn by team of 3 fanboy tryhards with iron fists
>dies 15 minutes later after being chased the whole time
>gets 3 insta gg's in chat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member