• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your Top 5 MCSG Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
TheTrueDozer is a current Player?
I saw him two times in a month now...
Wouldnt call him an active Player :p
i didn't say ACTIVE, i meant players who haven't quit entirely and people that play normally, and i just wanted to include some other people, and also the 1st list is my real list

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
If I were to battle each person in MCSG 1,000 times each, I still wouldn't be able to choose who's the best.

Now, I've fought many people who many consider to be amazing, and I find them average. I've also fought people who have never been mentioned once on the forums as a good player, and they dropped me so fast I had no time to react. In my personal opinion, I think most people's idea of a good player is somebody who seems to be well known by the community, and has a crap ton of wins. (Not saying this is everybody's idea of a good player.)

Wins, in all reality don't show a good reflection of how "good" you really are, unless we're talking about how good you are at winning. If this is win based, then this is what I have to say. There's just too many variables that could be in a single match for you to win, here's a couple examples: (Some might also be related to popularity.)

- Luck plays a major part in the games, you can find a chest with amazing items and just mow people over the rest of the game with ease.

- Most players tend to play as a team, and if it's PVP based, teaming instead of showing yourself as a skilled individual, skill spreads throughout each member of the team making you shine slightly less. To put this into better words, teaming doesn't prove how good of an individual you are. It only shows how well you can work in a group.

- With sponsors now being added into the game, the more popular you are, the more chance of you earning a sponsor. It's debatable whether the potions you're sponsored are OP or not, but they DO give you a major advantage, especially if you're using a strength potion, and they have enough of an affect to give you a win. This can also relate to teaming, cause if you have a big team with lots of points, they'll sponsor you with all they have.

- People who you're playing with could be very unskilled, if you want to know what I'm talking about, play in the mornings on US. You'll see what I mean.

The thing is, PVP is how you can define if a person is good or bad. If they can't defend themselves on their own, they have yet to earn their skill. If they can go through matches just annihilating every player in their path, even if their opponent has better stuff than them, there you have a good player. The only problem is, it's widely agreed that whoever has the most wins is the best player. But, yet at the same time, you also have the problem that there's so many different players who's names are totally unheard of, yet they're better than some of the players that are number one on the leaderboards.

In all reality, there really is no best player. There's a fine line on MCSG between good players, and bad players. With the amount of different techniques and strategies people can use, that's the most you can narrow it down to. Yes, people can certainly have more victories than others, but as I had stated above, there's too many different variables that can play in the game to give you a not-so-skilled victory. Also as I had stated, it would literally take me years of playing and doing research to even find my few best players, it's just impossible.

Just my thoughts on how "good players" are, as far as I'm concerned.

-MJ

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If I were to battle each person in MCSG 1,000 times each, I still wouldn't be able to choose who's the best.

Now, I've fought many people who many consider to be amazing, and I find them average. I've also fought people who have never been mentioned once on the forums as a good player, and they dropped me so fast I had no time to react. In my personal opinion, I think most people's idea of a good player is somebody who seems to be well known by the community, and has a crap ton of wins. (Not saying this is everybody's idea of a good player.)

Wins, in all reality don't show a good reflection of how "good" you really are, unless we're talking about how good you are at winning. If this is win based, then this is what I have to say. There's just too many variables that could be in a single match for you to win, here's a couple examples: (Some might also be related to popularity.)

- Luck plays a major part in the games, you can find a chest with amazing items and just mow people over the rest of the game with ease.

- Most players tend to play as a team, and if it's PVP based, teaming instead of showing yourself as a skilled individual, skill spreads throughout each member of the team making you shine slightly less. To put this into better words, teaming doesn't prove how good of an individual you are. It only shows how well you can work in a group.

- With sponsors now being added into the game, the more popular you are, the more chance of you earning a sponsor. It's debatable whether the potions you're sponsored are OP or not, but they DO give you a major advantage, especially if you're using a strength potion, and they have enough of an affect to give you a win. This can also relate to teaming, cause if you have a big team with lots of points, they'll sponsor you with all they have.

- People who you're playing with could be very unskilled, if you want to know what I'm talking about, play in the mornings on US. You'll see what I mean.

The thing is, PVP is how you can define if a person is good or bad. If they can't defend themselves on their own, they have yet to earn their skill. If they can go through matches just annihilating every player in their path, even if their opponent has better stuff than them, there you have a good player. The only problem is, it's widely agreed that whoever has the most wins is the best player. But, yet at the same time, you also have the problem that there's so many different players who's names are totally unheard of, yet they're better than some of the players that are number one on the leaderboards.

In all reality, there really is no best player. There's a fine line on MCSG between good players, and bad players. With the amount of different techniques and strategies people can use, that's the most you can narrow it down to. Yes, people can certainly have more victories than others, but as I had stated above, there's too many different variables that can play in the game to give you a not-so-skilled victory. Also as I had stated, it would literally take me years of playing and doing research to even find my few best players, it's just impossible.

Just my thoughts on how "good players" are, as far as I'm concerned.

-MJ
See? People like stormphraxl are the best players. He plays on 20fps and he could easily get 50 wins in 2 days and take down anyone in his path. Maybe he hacks now but he difinitly didn't used to.

G8mes4U

Survivor
Reaction score
See? People like stormphraxl are the best players. He plays on 20fps and he could easily get 50 wins in 2 days and take down anyone in his path. Maybe he hacks now but he difinitly didn't used to.
I'm playing with 20 FPS too, and I got ca. 520 Wins ^^ :D

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I'm playing with 20 FPS too, and I got ca. 520 Wins ^^ :D
Well, that's the only problem. You can be an amazing player without the most victories, and the community still wouldn't recognize you. Even though I can't agree with the part where you talked about how many wins you could get, since I feel the biggest variable in victories are luck. I just base it off of personal experience.

Top 5 lists in my opinion are usually very biased, cause I can't tell you how many people I've played that just keep destroying me over and over and over again. (And no, they didn't use hacks. Jay. >.>) It's just easy for somebody in the community to make a list with people who are popular and have a lot of wins, cause come on, it's almost impossible to get the absolute best MCSG player without having the utmost experience with every single player. You simply can't narrow it down.

Even though winning is the main goal of the game, and you can win without getting lucky, or teaming, or getting advantages over other players. But, at the end of the day, the BEST MCSG player all relies on how they battle. But to find that out, you would find yourself giving up your whole life to discover who's the best.

Roellie89

Tribute
Reaction score
LOL I think U never saw iProGames-Gcb99 and especcialy _zeX99_ fighting... lol
1._zeX99_
2.iProGames
3.Egrodo
4.gcb99
5.Elgoldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online