• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

YouTube!

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there,

So, as my last day of school was yesterday and it is now officially summer for me, I have decided to start a YouTube channel! I tried it once in the past, and it failed pretty badly due to some poor choices on my part.

So the question I have for you all is... how do I YouTube?

I want to know everything, from how I should edit my videos, to music in the background or not, everything. If you are a GFX artist and want to help me out with thumbnails and banners, please let me know as I would love your help.

I really want this time around to be successful, and I really enjoy making videos, so I am now going to turn to the community to help. If you have any tips, please let me know in the comments.

Thank You,
masond123

SertifiedBlocks

District 13
Reaction score
So editing. Find an Editor that suits you and either buy it or crack it. People used to get mad at me for using Camtasia but it worked.
For backround music I recommend using a song with words so they can gear your commentary, have the music playing lightly, not enough to overtake your voice but loud enough to be heard. Songs I personally use is Nova by Ahrix and Fall to light by Lazlo.
To grow your channel I would go and find a group of people and try to collab with them. Also being a generally nice person and commenting on others videos with feedback makes people want to do it back. But never spam your channel or go around asking to subscribe
I can do you decent art but I would go into the art section and take a look at the shops. There are very talented artists there who Don't charge much

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
As a youtuber , I have about 700 subscribers. I use fraps to record my gameplay and camtasia to edit. Make sure your content is good, with nice commentary so everyone doesn't get bored. You could add music, but make sure its the minimum voice and isn't copyrighted. Try to have good looking banners and thumbnails. I personally don't use an intro, but you could. But I suggest using an outro so you can direct users to another one of your videos if they are on your channel for the first time. if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Sage9597

Platinum
Reaction score
I can make you thumbnails and a banner if you want.

thejambd

Platinum
Reaction score
Quality and Consistency with good channel art, thats pretty much it :p Oh and good commentating skills but that comes with practise.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Obviously the first part of starting a YouTube channel is thinking about what you gonna upload, what series to start, getting GFX to make your channel look nice blah blah blah. I'd say for the first week just make your channel look nice, then start recording, the whole part of starting a YouTube channel is too experiment but have fun at the same time, it can get really stressful. You gotta do what YOU wanna do and what you like to do. Here are a few tips that have helped me out
  1. DO NOT record if you don't feel like it, people will recognise that your nit enjoying it so there's no point in faking it.
  2. Have a suitable schedule, be organised and have a particular time to upload your videos so people know when you upload.
  3. Don't worry about dislikes and hate. Just don't. Everyone has and will get it you can't escape it!
Hope this helped :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci