• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Youtuber Wall

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey. My name is William and I had an idea to do a Youtuber Wall. This would be for the peole who support the Server by advertising it on their youtube. In exchange, There would be a wall for these such people. It would include their youtube address and info. (Number of Subscribers, View Count, ect.) The only requirement is that people would have to have been doing Youtube videos for a certain amount of time, (8 Months let say.) and have at least 1k Subscribers. (This is just an example) I think that this would be beneficial to both the Server Host and People on the servers.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,
-William-

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, it's a good reward for YouTubers who are helping the server, but can't quite get the VIP rank.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
The YouTuber Wall would be in the hub, correct? (For regions that have it)

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes. The Wall would be in the hub. Maybe there would be a hole compass warp zone for it. Or maybe it would be in the info center.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be a pain to update and add people though, wouldn't it? There are thousands of players on Minecraft, and hundreds more do YouTube videos. I don't think there's a way to fetch the total subscriber and view count of a channel from Minecraft either.

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
It would be very hard to do. Maybe it would just be link to their Youtube. And maybe a quick bio about them. Something simple. And as of adding people. That is why I made the requirement of 1k subs. (or more.) Also, You would have fill out a form on their website to say that you are interested in doing it. (if you have the requirements) Then they could add you. So they would not be looking for people, People would be signing up.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
this seems like an awesome thing to do but the logistics of it would be a bit hard

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
No. I do agree. This would be a lot of work to set up, but I think that it would work once it was set up.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You do realize that there are thousands of daily MCSG players, and hundreds of YouTubers, and most (if not all) of them would be vying for a spot on the wall, right? That's loads of extra work for the higher ranking staff, and frankly I find it unnecessary. We already have a tough time as it is moderating the hub, and if we introduce this YouTube wall the chat would be flooded with "Subscribe to me!", "Check out my channel!" and other messages.

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
You do realize that there are thousands of daily MCSG players, and hundreds of YouTubers, and most (if not all) of them would be vying for a spot on the wall, right? That's loads of extra work for the higher ranking staff, and frankly I find it unnecessary. We already have a tough time as it is moderating the hub, and if we introduce this YouTube wall the chat would be flooded with "Subscribe to me!", "Check out my channel!" and other messages.
I do realize that this would be a problem. And I do know that you guys put a lot of time into this. I really feel that this would bring a sense of community to the server though. I have a few ideas of how to make this a bit easier to handle. The first being that I know there are Plug-ins that are able to detect when a player has said the same thing within a set time period. This would hopefully shutdown constant spamming. Another Plug-in is one that is able to detect when there is a URL in the message, and then refuse to send that message. (I do not know these Plug-ins personally. So if you would want to use these, you would have to do some research.) Now if the Youtuber Wall happens or not, I think it would be a good idea to get these Plug-ins anyways. Another way to prevent spamming is to only allow people with the Youtube rank to be allowed access to the Wall. This would still allow a network between Youtubers.

Also, I do realize that there would be a huge demand to get onto the wall. Lets face it, it is a good opportunity. That is why I have mentioned in the past to have the requirements like, (this is just an example) 1k Subscribers, 8 Months of experience with Youtube and maybe some others. Really that is up to you guys to decide if you go through with it.

Thanks again for hearing what I had to say!

-William-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci