• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

ZedChase Beta released!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello all,

As you may or may not have noticed, late last night ZedChase was finally brought back. We've been doing some work to make it a bit more enjoyable and fix up any bugs since the last time it was brought up, and this time it's back to stay. ZedChase is still in beta, so the game is not fully finished and there will be bugs; however, we are working on polishing up the gameplay and fixing any bugs that may come up. There are currently servers for it in US and EU; AU servers are coming shortly.

Some information for anyone who may not have played ZedChase before:

What is it?
ZedChase is a minigame based off of Temple Run.

How is it played?
Each server consists of 30 players at most. Approximately one-third of players will be chosen to be "zombies" - this amounts to about 10 players in a full server. The other two-thirds of players (20 in a full server) are chosen to be runners.
Runners can run along the path, collecting coins and power-ups along the way. One power-up that is quite useful is the banana peel, which can be thrown to cause anyone who steps on it to be flung high into the air. Other useful power-ups include various speed boosts.
To win, either a runner needs to reach the end of the path first, or the zombies need to eliminate all runners.

That's it?
Of course not! ZedChase is still in its beta stages, and there may be quite a bit still to change about the game. Some new features planned are more shop items and potentially environmental interactions to make the game even more interesting.
However, being that the game is still in beta, game stats, such as wins and losses, are not recorded. Once the game is out of beta, these statistics will be recorded and publicly available on some sort of leaderboard.

What's next on the agenda?
Our plans for the future are to fix the lag issues many of you have been experiencing lately. This will include some upgrades and changes to our internal software, so at the moment, we are not working on another game. Once these issues are resolved, our next game priority will be MCTF2v2.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Congrats! Glad this is renewed, and is hopefully enjoyed by MCGamer!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
So do we call the Zed Chase that we had quite a while back pre-beta? xD

But awesome news. :)

Generation

Tribute
Reaction score
Please have a Zed Chase Information book in the lobby, I had no idea how to play this gametype until I read this.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know what I am going to play now! Awesome work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci