• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Zeno's Computer Design Thread

L

Lululioness

What further clarification do you need? I'd be glad to help you out.
What everything does because the other guy only explained some of it and the bits he did weren't exactly fully explained....

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
o_O
*gives pizza* but I'm still confused...
Fine. No pizzas for you.
CPU/Processor: It's the brain of your computer. It processes everything, like the name suggests. The FPS you get in Minecraft is affected by the CPU a lot more than most games because Minecraft runs off of Java. (If you wanna learn how that works ask Sub or Forairan or any of the devs)
Motherboard: It's where you connect everything to. (Ram, CPU, Graphics card)
Graphics Card: This is what's mainly going to determine the performance you get when you play games. If you have a really bad graphics card, you're not gonna get good FPS. If you have a really great graphics card, you're gonna get really good FPS.
HDD/Hard drive: Like I said, it holds all of your files. Pictures, videos, games, etc.
Ram: The more ram you have, the more applications you can have open. If you have a lot of ram (8 GB) you'll be able to run a lot of applications at the same time, without greatly affecting the performance of each app. For example: A computer with 4gb and has like 5 different windows open (browser, Minecraft, teamspeak, spotify, skype) their FPS in Minecraft will be reduced more than someone with 8gb of ram who's running the same amount of stuff.
I hope this clarifies it better.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
THIS IS JUST TO GET AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IM LOOKING INTO
Budget: 800
CPU: Intel or AMD: Intel
GPU: AMD or Nvidia: Nvidia
Focus: Able to get high FPS without optifine, able to record with still high fps, able to use computer for work, school and gaming
What Parts Do You Already Have: Mouse and sound system
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: I have a copy of windows 8, but give me 2 prices with and without
What Peripherals Would You Like: Cheap but useable gaming heeadset
Any Special Notes: Would like it to take up as little deskspace as possable.

Kryvox

Tribute
Reaction score
Budget: Hmm, $1,500
Focus: Play most next-gen games in the highest settings possible with great FPS. Also would like to be able to record and render videos quickly.
What Parts Do You Already Have: A mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: Yes, some Acer monitor and Windows 7
What Peripherals Would You Like: Gaming headset.
Any Special Notes: Don't want it too loud, but have the ability to run for a while without overheating. Size doesn't matter that much, just want the case to look nice, but easy to take out parts. Don't want any flashing lights or things like that. And, that's about it, thanks.

JustAce_

Experienced
Reaction score
Budget: $1000 AUD, could you please take the time to find an AU budget PC Parts please.
CPU: Intel or AMD: Intel.
GPU: AMD or Nvidia: AMD or Nvidia, enough to run shaders with 70 Fps while recording.
Focus: FPS, With shaders + Can play games on High like BF3, Bf4.
What Parts Do You Already Have: None.
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: I have a moniter but not a Copy of windows 7.
What Peripherals Would You Like: None.
Any Special Notes: Can you find this in AU? Cyberplanet.com.au

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Budget: $1000 AUD, could you please take the time to find an AU budget PC Parts please.
GPU: AMD or Nvidia: AMD or Nvidia, enough to run shaders with 70 Fps while recording.
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: I have a moniter but not a Copy of windows 7.
With that budget, you want to run shaders while recording at 70 fps?

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
Hate to tell you, but that's like a tomahawk computer, and with those au prices it may get up to $2000

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Is this an app on the App Store? If so, I shall look for it!

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
Fine. No pizzas for you.
CPU/Processor: It's the brain of your computer. It processes everything, like the name suggests. The FPS you get in Minecraft is affected by the CPU a lot more than most games because Minecraft runs off of Java. (If you wanna learn how that works ask Sub or Forairan or any of the devs)
Motherboard: It's where you connect everything to. (Ram, CPU, Graphics card)
Graphics Card: This is what's mainly going to determine the performance you get when you play games. If you have a really bad graphics card, you're not gonna get good FPS. If you have a really great graphics card, you're gonna get really good FPS.
HDD/Hard drive: Like I said, it holds all of your files. Pictures, videos, games, etc.
Ram: The more ram you have, the more applications you can have open. If you have a lot of ram (8 GB) you'll be able to run a lot of applications at the same time, without greatly affecting the performance of each app. For example: A computer with 4gb and has like 5 different windows open (browser, Minecraft, teamspeak, spotify, skype) their FPS in Minecraft will be reduced more than someone with 8gb of ram who's running the same amount of stuff.
I hope this clarifies it better.
Pshh who needs RAM, go to downloadmoreram.com LAWL. (TO NEW COMPUTER USERS,DO NOT GO TO downloadmoreram.com)

The_Man

Career
Reaction score
Focus: FPS
What Parts Do You Already Have: Celeron 2.5 Ghz 540, 8 gb ram, 250 gb hdd, hg1gmc or something like that its by biostar.
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: Yus
What Peripherals Would You Like:Nope
Any Special Notes: Looking for a video card and a PSU that goes with it, that gets me really nice fps on far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci