• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Zeno's Computer Design Thread

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Angryjukebox I've finished your build!

Setup 1 - No Graphics Card - $599
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pU6t

Setup 2 - Graphics Card -$611
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pUot

Personally I feel that the first setup is much better overall, it has a much more powerful CPU, and generally better parts overall. Unless your current GPU really isn't up to par, I would advise using the first one.

Robosoft111 I've also finished your build! I've made two separate setups, one with a good headset I've heard some really great things about and one with just the computer parts themselves.

Setup 1 - No Headset - $720
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pUQB

Setup 2 - Headset Included - $786
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pV0P

Krumblez I've finished your build as well!

The Setup - $914
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pVum

Here's my rig:

Intel i5 3570K, 8GB G.Skill RAM, GTX 650 Ti OC, SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Corsair GS600 PSU, Thermaltake Starcraft Case.

If I was going to upgrade any part of this build, what do you think it should be? :)
That's a pretty solid build all around, and I don't know that it really NEEDS upgrading. If, however, you decided to upgrade, I would definitely upgrade your GPU, as it would probably give you the greatest performance increase for your money. You could bump up your CPU to an i7, but the i5 3570K does a perfectly good job (better than any other i5's and several i7's) and you would be paying a lot of money for a slight increase in performance. Your motherboard is another possibility, but I still feel like you'll see the biggest performance increase through upgrading your GPU.

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
I know my build currently, but I want to see of you can make it better. :p

Budget: $900
CPU: Intel or AMD: Intel preferred, but AMD is okay if you can;t fit Intel
GPU: AMD or Nvidia: No preference
Focus: Most intensive game for me will be Far Cry 3
What Parts Do You Already Have: None.
Do You Have A Monitor/Operating System: Yes OS. No Monitor.
What Peripherals Would You Like: I gots them already.
Any Special Notes: blah.

Also zeno, if they have a monitor tell them to list the resolution cuz 1080p is more GPU intensive than say 720p.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I just ordered my computer from ibuypower. The total price without shipping was ~$850 dollars. Here are the specs:

Intel i7 3770
Gtx 660
Gigabyte z77-hd3 motherboard
1tb hard drive
Intel certified cpu liquid cooling
500w corsair power supply
8gb (2x4) G. Skill Ripjaws 1866mhz ram
AZZA Armour gaming case
Blue LED case Lighting

This does not include monitor/keyboard/mouse. Did I do a good job? Would it have been cheaper If I had built it myself? Also, tell me any suggestions for what I should've improved (if you have any). Thanks.
This is honestly a really solid setup, and, though you could save slightly by making it yourself, this is actually, in my opinion, worth the slightly extra price. My one question would be, where's your optical drive? You need one to install the OS and actually do anything...

L

Lululioness

Explain to me what everything does and I will love you forever.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Explain to me what everything does and I will love you forever.
CPU/Processor: That does Minecraft
GPU/Graphics Card: That does other games (Battlefield, Skyrim)
Memory/Ram: I'm not quite sure what it does. Really complicated technical shizzle wizzle.
HDD/Hard Drive: That holds all your pictures and por...I mean videos.
Power Supply: It powers the computer
Motherboard: Even more complicated technical shizzle wizzle. Let's just say it holds the CPU inside of it.
Optical Drive: It's where you put DVD's and (if the optical drive supports them) Blue Ray's in.
I think that's it. Now, you must love me. Or give me pizzas either way works. <| <|

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
This is honestly a really solid setup, and, though you could save slightly by making it yourself, this is actually, in my opinion, worth the slightly extra price. My one question would be, where's your optical drive? You need one to install the OS and actually do anything...
I got one, I just forgot to put it on the list.

L

Lululioness

CPU/Processor: That does Minecraft
GPU/Graphics Card: That does other games (Battlefield, Skyrim)
Memory/Ram: I'm not quite sure what it does. Really complicated technical shizzle wizzle.
HDD/Hard Drive: That holds all your pictures and por...I mean videos.
Power Supply: It powers the computer
Motherboard: Even more complicated technical shizzle wizzle. Let's just say it holds the CPU inside of it.
Optical Drive: It's where you put DVD's and (if the optical drive supports them) Blue Ray's in.
I think that's it. Now, you must love me. Or give me pizzas either way works. <| <|
o_O
*gives pizza* but I'm still confused...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci