• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bringing Back AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
The whole thing, in a nut shell. Solved during the first 2 days the servers were closed down in the first place. Coming from the owner from the 'ex-AS' mcsg player safe-haven. Trust me, I know where the MCGamer staff are coming from. It's highly unlikely, albeit how much I would like AS MCG to coming back, that AS MCGamer will come back.

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...own-thoughts-suggestions-devs-sr-staff.94286/

Edit: As JoelJCE said,

"MCGamer doesn't purchase servers through shared hosting plans. Rather, they rent an entire dedicated machine (which can be upwards of $100-$200 per month depending on the machine's specs and the datacenter) and then run multiple servers from that machine. This is why you'll often see 15-20 servers all go offline at the same time on the US/CA network. One box contains multiple servers.
As for why AS had only 4 servers, I'm not certain. If those 4 servers were on a dedicated box, it probably wasn't a very powerful box, or resources were allocated on an existing box by CubedHost. I'm not certain about the configuration for AS though, it's been a while since since I've spoken to any of the developers about MCGamer's hardware."

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I've only read the first point, but what Chad apparently asked for was 100+ people that would play on the servers a day, not 100+ people on a list. A large amount of players on that list are from EU or US, and will never play on the AS servers... it kind of invalidates it.

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
I've only read the first point, but what Chad apparently asked for was 100+ people that would play on the servers a day, not 100+ people on a list. A large amount of players on that list are from EU or US, and will never play on the AS servers... it kind of invalidates it.
I know, we just wanted to see who was willing to support the idea in order to raise awareness for the thread. I'd say around 40 people on the list would play AS so that's a start.

cbomb2344

Platinum
Reaction score
I know, we just wanted to see who was willing to support the idea in order to raise awareness for the thread. I'd say around 40 people on the list would play AS so that's a start.
KRaidium. Most of the players in this list i know play almost 8 hours a day. I have seen alot of them playing on the US servers for about 4 - 10 hours a day with horrible ping. We talked on skype and they are always sad when they got killed by the lag. I hope Chad will read this thread and look at how many players wanting the AS servers to be back up. Australian servers has less than 100 people a day so why didnt they take the Australian servers down? I hope to recieve a reply from you KRaidium.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
For the sake of asians... Im in!
KRaidium. Most of the players in this list i know play almost 8 hours a day. I have seen alot of them playing on the US servers for about 4 - 10 hours a day with horrible ping. We talked on skype and they are always sad when they got killed by the lag. I hope Chad will read this thread and look at how many players wanting the AS servers to be back up. Australian servers has less than 100 people a day so why didnt they take the Australian servers down? I hope to recieve a reply from you KRaidium.
Don't double post, instead use the edit button, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci