• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenIverson

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey, well. all I can really say that there is not much to do in this situation. Imagine we go back to 1.7, right? 1.9 will eventually come and we would not be able to update because we still are in 1.7 and plugins will come out for newer versions only with bug fixes and improvements. What i am trying to say is that there really is no point on going back to 1.7. People will eventually get used to it, just like they did with V.2.

Sincerely, Lauren.
I see where you are coming from but the fps problem that many people have i doubt anyone is gonna get used to the lag spikes and the frame drops.

Stqrfe

Tribute
Reaction score
I totally agree 1.7 was fine people who want to use 1.8 should use 1.8 but people that can't handle 1.8 what are they gonna do... The fps effects pvp and not everyone has insane Computers i use to get 60-150 fps but now its just horrible mcsg should of polled like they did with the stats reset.
i agreee

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
but the insane hits are a big problem cant doubt that.
Now that everyone uses 1.8 i don't see the problem. Now everyone is at the same disadvantage, therefore it is completely fair. People whined about how the sprint key in 1.7 was ruining the game when it first came out, and now nobody wants to leave it. Just like everything else, MCGamer is constantly evolving and changing. We must leave some things behind to make room for the awesome new features of 1.8. The lag can be fixed by turning some settings down, installing optifine, and turning VBO on. Personally i find that i get better FPS with 1.8 than i ever did on 1.7.

Stqrfe

Tribute
Reaction score
Now that everyone uses 1.8 i don't see the problem. Now everyone is at the same disadvantage, therefore it is completely fair. People whined about how the sprint key in 1.7 was ruining the game when it first came out, and now nobody wants to leave it. Just like everything else, MCGamer is constantly evolving and changing. We must leave some things behind to make room for the awesome new features of 1.8. The lag can be fixed by turning some settings down, installing optifine, and turning VBO on. Personally i find that i get better FPS with 1.8 than i ever did on 1.7.
do you have a good pc?

Stqrfe

Tribute
Reaction score
I have a decent PC but i get more FPS on 1.8 than i did with the same PC on 1.7
ok im talkign people getting better frames on 1.7 than 1.8 im saying stay on 1.8 but dont make it mandatory for people and u talking about disadvantes better hits is is both bad and good but people already with bad ping think about them.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ok im talkign people getting better frames on 1.7 than 1.8 im saying stay on 1.8 but dont make it mandatory for people and u talking about disadvantes better hits is is both bad and good but people already with bad ping think about them.
The reason we updated to 1.8 is so that we can use some of the new features to do cool things that are not possible in 1.7. I myself don't have great ping (85 - 100) and i don't think ping has anything to do with it. The fact is, 1.8 is different. It will take some getting used to, but i think overall it will benefit the community a lot.
and btw mods all agree its better do u agree because your mods or do u actully agree.
Why would i lie about what i think?

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
I have a decent PC but i get more FPS on 1.8 than i did with the same PC on 1.7
All computers are different. Although, the lag issue seems pretty prominent, considering how many people are complaining about it.

I for one average a 20fps drop in frames on 1.8 compared to 1.7, with all your suggestions enabled.

Stqrfe

Tribute
Reaction score
All computers are different. Although, the lag issue seems pretty prominent, considering how many people are complaining about it.

I for one average a 20fps drop in frames on 1.8 compared to 1.7, with all your suggestions enabled.
exaactly all pcs are diffrent with diffrent settings.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I really need to have what I always say on these threads ready to copy :p. Anyway I dont like it either but change must happen.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Servers eventually will have to Switch to 1.8, so why not get used to it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci