• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 ruined the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
So.. as you all may or may not know, MCSG has just updated their servers to 1.8 which you guys think ( the staff team ) that it's going to attract more and more players to come and play here.. But it turned out that more and more players are leaving the server, including me. I think that you guys don't realize that 1.8 is not made for PvP, and if you didn't realize already, the MCGamer network is mainly Survival Games. I never see anyone play other minigames on this server.

Yesterday, a moderator with the name Spectral_Slayer asked me: "What is the difference?" Well, it changed the whole PvP aspect that was on MCSG, it just doesn't feel the same. The hit's don't register, you can't block-hit anymore, there is lag-back, all the PvP items are now bugged so you can't enjoy the game at all, the FPS drops and many many other things. I, as a regular MCSG player, can easily notice those huge differences that happened to the server and I honestly hate them. This server is literally not enjoyable anymore and if you guys are not going to do anything about this, more than 40% of the community is going to quit for servers that support 1.7 because, as I mentioned earlier, this server is just Survival Games which now's aids.

I know this thread is not going to change anything but I made it just as an informative thread for the rest of the community

BenPCGamingHD

Experienced
Reaction score
i also

EDIT, INB4 LIKE 5 MODS TYPE THEIR LIFE STORY AS TO WHY 1.8 IS GOOD

TheNamesANT

Diamond
Reaction score
So.. as you all may or may not know, MCSG has just updated their servers to 1.8 which you guys think ( the staff team ) that it's going to attract more and more players to come and play here.. But it turned out that more and more players are leaving the server, including me. I think that you guys don't realize that 1.8 is not made for PvP, and if you didn't realize already, the MCGamer network is mainly Survival Games. I never see anyone play other minigames on this server.

Yesterday, a moderator with the name Spectral_Slayer asked me: "What is the difference?" Well, it changed the whole PvP aspect that was on MCSG, it just doesn't feel the same. The hit's don't register, you can't block-hit anymore, there is lag-back, all the PvP items are now bugged so you can't enjoy the game at all, the FPS drops and many many other things. I, as a regular MCSG player, can easily notice those huge differences that happened to the server and I honestly hate them. This server is literally not enjoyable anymore and if you guys are not going to do anything about this, more than 40% of the community is going to quit for servers that support 1.7 because, as I mentioned earlier, this server is just Survival Games which now's aids.

I know this thread is not going to change anything but I made it just as an informative thread for the rest of the community
I'm starting to like 1.8, Ya just gotta get used to it, just like everything else you dont like at the start. :D

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Meh, PvP maybe has changed a little bit, but you can still blockhit and such and nothing is bugged. I guess you are just not able to adjust to the few small changes that have been made.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
Meh, PvP maybe has changed a little bit, but you can still blockhit and such and nothing is bugged. I guess you are just not able to adjust to the few small changes that have been made.
Those "few small changes" are vital in the PvP aspect and just make it not enjoyable ^_^ You, as I mod, don't play SG at all and you can't feel the stress that everyone else has c:
PS: You can't block-hit

VladyGame

Diamond
Reaction score
You need to get use to it . You can't be in the first day a legend , wait until you get use to it . I know it's a little bit buggy , but Minecraft 1.8 was made for survival not for pvp . But it's not that bad man , i really like it no . MCSG fixed all the bugs and now it's better . It's enjoyable . Ermmm ... ya it's not like 1.7 but it's still enjoyable , u need to get use to it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci