• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9, MCGamer, and You: A Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evile

Survivor
Reaction score
So you're making a legacy server 1.9 compatible, just to implement a COUPLE of things to "retain" the playerbase.

I'm sure the playerbase doesn't care about the version of the server but its quality and how good it is. You're pretty much using a version for the 3/10 of its features, but also bringing bugs and glitches with it.

A clan gets created every 5 minutes and there are more than 30 cw's each day (There are SO MANY more happening, I just want a stable number).
It's not dead, trust me.

People that are bored to change the game version, which takes 10 seconds, shouldn't be allowed to even play tbh imho.

No one uses FnS ok. Will ignore that one.

TLDR: Imho making your server compatible for a version just for the 30% of its features is useless and won't attract a lot of players, only a really small amount. Also, doing this will bring a lot of problems and glitches, but I guess it's your server and you do what you want.
good point i agree

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I really dont see the point in updating partly to 1.9 if it still has the same features as 1.7/1.8.
It only took the devs more time to prepare this update, which they imo could have better used for fixing the anticheat or the fns glitch.
Game Server Build 602
Deployed to Stable servers on 29 February 2016

This build includes all changes from alpha/beta builds #433 - #601, which are listed below for your convenience (in order of newest to oldest changes).

Changes in Beta build #601:
  • SG: Attempted more fixes to Flint and Steel; should resolve the fast-switching issue, for the most part

Changes in Beta build #543:
  • SG: Multiple fixes to the Flint & Steel glitch
    • Switching to the FNS too quick before placement caused the server to deny that placement.
    • Resolved an issue where the server failed to take latency and player motion into account.
    • An issue that caused the final charge to not work properly has been resolved.
    • Resolved an issue when quickly switching back and forth between FNS and other items.
    • In previous testing, Flint and Steel charges failed at a rate of between 15-20%. With current testing, that rate appears to have been improved to around 1%.

They now have 1.9 this server now, but we can't go to other servers like: UHC World, Survival Bingo, Zed Chase, and Deadly Descent. :( Well I can still go on to 1.8 and play. :)
Information on 1.8-only Gametypes
The 1.8-only gametypes that are currently on our network will remain 1.8-only for the time being, until Spigot releases their 1.9 update and we update our fork of Spigot to support 1.9. Once they do so, we will update these gametypes, and they will become 1.9-only gametypes.

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
You know, the way some of you react is extremely pitiful. Can you never be happy with something that’s decided? You folks do the same things each and every time poor little Ava, or other team members, make announcements like this.

Don’t add 1.9 = People that want 1.9 will be annoyed and frustrated.
Add 1.9 and keep 1.7/1.8 support (which is what they’re doing, and has not been an easy task) = Make everyone happy, as multiple versions are supported, but you all still find something to complain about.

If you all acted a bit more grateful and stopped complaining about every little thing, perhaps more may actually get done and Chad, as well as the dev team, would be a bit more motivated, less stressed, and appreciative of doing work for the community.
But no, that’d be logical, right? Who here in this community uses actual logic all the time?

Seriously, some of you really need to take a step back and get over yourselves.

NewHorizons

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't know why people are hating 1.9 so much, saying it'll kill MC Gamer if they update to it. The developers at Mojang made all the cool downs reversible.. so you can easily set them to 0 recharge. The elytra wouldn't have to be implemented into SG. And the dual-wielding isn't even an issue.. But hey, the community can be a stubborn bunch.

Evile

Survivor
Reaction score
Lol you're asking for who I am?
Ok, let me tell you who I am...
I am one of the most known people through the clan history, very known forumer who's been here since 2012, former moderator for 11 months. I think the real question is: Who are you?
Number one Eskild it was a joke, as I once applied to join ur clan I have a general idea who u are. I'm a us player, who is regarded as sometimes being sketchy, used to play a lot, now play a lot less. Been in a couple notable clans. Anyone playing for the past 2-3 yrs on us competitive scene has atleast heard my name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci