• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

- 1.9 -

Do you like 1.9?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TumblrTaz

Diamond
Reaction score
I have been hearing a lot about this controversial topic as of recently so I thought that I would shed my opinion on this.

As we all know, the new version of Minecraft delivers options such as potion infused arrows and dual wielding. I know it offers more than these two details but right now, they are the most controversial ones.

Dual Wielding: Dual wielding is a concept that you have two tools; one for each hand, that you can switch from back and forth very quickly with a hotkey. This will allow more strategies to be involved when pvping. The fishing rod technique just got so much easier. Or, lets say that you want to flint n' steel someone very quickly but aren't good with the whole "Numbers on your Keyboard" thing. Well, with dual wielding, it just got so much easier. Dual wielding will help the community out in so many ways.

For one, it will help the mapmakers. Being a builder/terraformer myself, I can say that with dual wielding, life just got easier. Generally, when terraforming, you use an arrow as your tool. And for building, you use world edit a lot. And for that, you generally use a wood axe. Think of how much time we save being able to switch back and forth so quickly between the two. Yes, it may not seem like much, but it adds up overtime so much when making a map.

This will also greatly help the developers out. Think about all of the new plugins and games they can now create because Dual wielding was added. My lack of coding and developing plugins is showing as I do not know anything about it. But, after speaking with a few developers, I can firmly tell you that this will help them as well.

Potion Infused Arrows: Oh my gosh I am so excited for this! These arrows combine the potions we love with a projectile pvp method. After doing my research, I have found that the closest arrow to your bow is the arrow that shoots first. After thinking about this, I can gladly say that new pvp tactics will be introduced because of the new options. Let's say that your teammate is dying in a fight. You are too far to help, and wont make it in time, but you have a healing arrow that you can shoot at your friend. So, you tell your friend to run towards you, and as they are, you shoot them with a healing arrow. This will let them regenerate health and be able to fight again.

That is just one scenario that could happen, but, there are many more where this can greatly help out pvp.

Pros/Cons of 1.9

I hope this was informative or at least now you know what to expect in the oncoming update. :) Please, have a healthy debate over this but I ask of you to not say someone else is wrong. I would like for your guy's feedback, but we need to be kind about it to one another. After all, we all have an opinion. :)

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Ehh... I think it's just because 90% of Minecraft's community reckon that pvp as it was required no skill and it was just a matter of who had more stuff and could aim properly although it clearly involves more than just that.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I do infact like 1.9
But why would 1.9 decrease the amount of time mapmakers have to put into maps?

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I do infact like 1.9
But why would 1.9 decrease the amount of time mapmakers have to put into maps?
He explained it, you can use multiple items at once when terraforming for example. I haven't tried it myself, but I'd imagine you can have the 2 blocks you're using in each hand, making more efficient block placement.

Reaction score

As bigoted as my opinion sounds, I feel like this is a whole new game, in a bad way.
and yes i made the image =))

He explained it, you can use multiple items at once when terraforming for example. I haven't tried it myself, but I'd imagine you can have the 2 blocks you're using in each hand, making more efficient block placement.
Map creators use plugins for mass terraforming anyways.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm totally willing to embrace change, which I usually am not. 1.7 has become stale after two years, it's time for something new.

Reaction score
LOL that's perfect. As much as I love a change, that is probably true. I love you for this.
yis i love me too

And whoever says "we'll all get used to it":
No.
This is one of the biggest and sh**iest changes in Minecraft (1.7 and 1.8 were so much better, even tho they got a lot of hate. They also didn't cause as much drama as 1.9)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
yis i love me too

And whoever says "we'll all get used to it":
No.
This is one of the biggest and sh**iest changes in Minecraft (1.7 and 1.8 were so much better, even tho they got a lot of hate. They also didn't cause as much drama as 1.9)
I don't care if people get used to it. I'll get used to it and enjoy myself as people cry over their stats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci