• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide A Couple Things Concerning MCSG

Has this been helpful towards you, the people of the community?

• Yes

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey, guys, Gibbo here,

Now, over the past couple of days I've been replying to a couple threads with suggestions for MCSG and some of them have been good and some of them in my eyes have been bad (some staff have agreed with me, some have disagreed with me). And I'm going to explain a few things and obviously you can respond with your views and such and I shall reply with my own opinions. Other staff may or may not be in agreement with me obviously.

Mentioned in this post:
  • Donor Perks - Peoples Issues with them
  • Plugin Suggestions
  • VIP status
  • Hackers
  • And Map
  • The Better Sprint Mod
Donor Perks:
Now, I've seen a lot of people complaining about getting kicked by donors and constantly posting threads, asking for it to be removed or for it to be fair, etc, etc, etc. First things as first, we will NOT be removing the kick to join privilege donors get because that is a perk. We aren't demanding people to donate to the servers, they are willingly giving up their money to help pay towards the running of the servers. Chad pays A LOT for all of the servers and its very expensive and to say thank you to donors we give them the coloured name (depending on what level donor they are, eg. Iron = Grey, Gold = Yellow and Diamond = Light Blue) so that people know that they've donated and know that they are helping the servers.

I know its annoying to be kicked from a game you're wanting to play and not able to get back in but its something we give back to them for helping us out. The reason why people are kicked is because donors kick people who have joined the server last or second to last or third to last, etc, etc.

My suggestion for this is, look for a server on your server list that says POST_VICTORY, and then wait for it to restart. The quicker you get into a server, the least you're going to get kicked (unless all the donors in the world join). Unfortunately, we can't stop those perks so posting constant threads about it are just cluttering up the forums.

The kick message may or may not be changed from its current status. A post was made about it
(http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...age-when-a-donor-kicks-you.25783/#post-228458) and it sparked a conversation between our staff. This may or may not change depending on what the Developers say and what Chad says.

Plugin Suggestions:
I saw a thread today about adding a new plugin to the servers
(http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/exp.26152/#post-227932). Now, we have developers working on our brand new plugin (MCSGv2) and the only other plugins we have are Bukkit and No-Cheat Plus (Editing by our staff to fix the whole 'we can't hit them and they can hit us' issue).

For things like xp given to players on death I personally don’t like the idea, or any idea where anything may improve a gameplay for one person or a couple of people. It obviously gives players who don’t always do well a little boost but it gives the better players an advantage. I don’t believe in making MCSG any more different or complicated gameplay wise. It’s meant to be vanilla (which is why we don’t allow any unvanilla clients apart from OptiFine), but this is just my personal opinion and you don’t have to agree with me at all.

There is a full explanation to the XP plugin issues and stuff at that thread. Check it out if you want.

VIP Ranks:
Now, we don’t just give out VIP for having 300 subs on YouTube. I dealt with a thread today where a guy had said that he had donated iron twice and gold once and asked if he could get VIP (http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/ive-donated-2-10-bucks-one-25.26178/#post-228247) and then stated that he would probably get it if his YouTube gets big. We give out VIP to people who deserve it or are a VIP towards our servers (Eg. Team Vareide, etc, etc) not just random YouTubers. If we did that for every person that played the games and had over 500 subs would be VIP then there would be a lot more VIP’s running around, potentially using the VIP status wrong on our servers and abusing the privileges you get.

Hackers:
Now, the issue with hackers. There has been a lot of issues with hackers recently due to multiple things that are coming to the community due to people posting videos on Youtube about them and people thinking that some of the simple mods are allowed to be used on our servers. We say all the time that we would like a vanilla client used on the servers (obviously OptiFine is allowed as it can boost peoples FPS and little single player things like Too Many Items cannot be used without OP on the servers so just bare that in mind people). If you use any mod that gives you an advantage over players (Friend mod, the mod where you can display a persons best weapon on their back, etc, etc) is NOT allowed as it is an advantage over players and the Friend Mods can also be used to get people into trouble as in some of them you can edit a persons name.

Now, to the hackers. If you see a hacker then don’t rage about it in the chat, record them and report them here:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/report-abuse/

Don’t rage in chat, use foul language or caps as that only gets you in trouble and not them (if they are hacking). If you can’t record or missed them hacking (say the game was in DM and by the time you opened your recording software the match was over) then poke a Moderator or Sr.Moderator on the TeamSpeak. (IP: ts.mcsg.in Don’t have TeamSpeak? Download it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/). Tell them the name of the hacker, the server you’re in and potentially what they may be using (Example: kezzer1995 is hacking, he’s in US9 and he’s using Aimbot). It makes it easier for Moderators to track down hackers that they can’t see and also does the same job if you record them or screenshot the people being abusive in chat, swearing, spamming or even using caps. It helps us out greatly as we can’t all be on the servers 24/7.

The recording of hackers and screenshots of spammers or abusive people also leans towards the Tekkit Server, the Creative Server and the Survival Server. We moderate all of them, of course, but we’re not around 24/7 and people will take that to their advantage to spam, caps, hack or be abusive people. You can report them again in the Report Abuse section, just say where the ScreenShot was taken. Remember to use the template and everyone will be happy.

A quick thing, the Better Sprint Mod is NOT allowed on our servers and never have been allowed. Anyone using it should remove it from their Minecraft.jar and go back to the default way of running. It’s basically instant sprint, which is against our rules as its an advantage over players.

Maps:
We all understand that we enjoy variety in our gameplay and we have taken that into account with our new plugin. We constantly see threads about this with the new plugin the same map will not be able to be voted for constantly and this will allow people to play more maps (although we understand some will still be highly unplayed.) We are constantly looking for new community maps to add to the servers as we want players to feel they can contribute to the community in a way other than donating. If you wish to submit a map go here.
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/map-downloads-and-discussions.10/
and submit in the appropriate section.

The issue about maps being overplayed has been put forth to the developers in the past back when the remodeling of the MCSG plugin began and our Dev’s and Chad put that into consideration and came up with the new voting system which will ensure more diverse maps being played on all the servers.

We’re not going to dedicate certain servers to certain maps or the original Team Vareide maps as that is basically taking out servers for those who don’t want to play the original maps as they may not like them and only want to play Solar Frost or Breeze Island. The issue will be corrected by the time that the new plugin is pushed to the servers and hopefully everyone will begin to enjoy playing other maps and the popularity of Breeze Island and SG4 will go down and more and more maps will be played through the help of this plugin.

Better Sprint Mod:
Okay, now, I've seen a lot of ban disputes about the Better Sprint Mod and why it isn't 'hacking' and why people shouldn't be getting banned for it. This mod is technically hacking as its a non-vanilla (apart from OptiFine) being used on the servers, this gives the player an advantage that other players will not have, earning the whole ‘its unfair’ title.

The mod is basically Instant Sprint (One of the mods from Nodus) just its not on permanently BUT this is an advantage over players. A lot of people pull the whole ‘Oh BajanCanadian uses it, why can’t we?’ in their ban disputes to try and get out of a ban but Bajan doesn’t use the mod on our servers and we’ve spoken to him about it in the past. Using him is no longer an excuse.

So in short, you are NOT allowed to use the mod on our servers. Any person caught using it will be tempbanned and on second offence, perm banned. You have been warned.

Anything Else You Want Explaining:
Anything else you want explaining that I haven’t touched on? Well, post them below this post and I shall work on a response for you and explain what’s going on. If you want to message me privately about it then please PM me on the forums and I shall get back to you as soon as possible.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
First :p
Also thanks Gibbo this will answer a lot of questions for people

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Kezzer using aimbot :eek: Jk Jk.

Anyway thank you for making this, this answers a ton of questions i hear on the servers and answered a few of my own :)

EDIT: What would count as "Big" on youtube? Not that i'll ever reach it, im just curious.

Reaction score
Very well done Gibbo, I applaude you.
This sums up the very stupid/very good posts of the week very nicely.

Logicalllama

Survivor
Reaction score
If I screenshot people abusing me for being VIP, can I get them banned?XD Happens in 90% of the games I join now. They'll say something along the lines of 'logicalllama queer no life donated haha'. Even though VIP isnt a donor rank - smart people. I see it happening to donors aswell.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
If I screenshot people abusing me for being VIP, can I get them banned?XD Happens in 90% of the games I join now. They'll say something along the lines of 'logicalllama queer no life donated haha'. Even though VIP isnt a donor rank - smart people. I see it happening to donors aswell.
Does everyone in TV get VIP :eek:?

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, but report them straight to a Sr member of staff.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think its POST_VICTORY not POST_DEATHMATCH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci