• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A genuine concern for the future of this server.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
No, you can't.

The anticheat system would only need to kick clients when it detects a cheat that humans can't. All that would need to be developed is a system that can kick the clients for the current undetectable cheats. Also I don't know why you are talking as if there are actually people trying to bypass a random minecraft servers anticheat, because that's highly unlikely.
eh, Believe as you will. However I will fight hackers to the bone. :p

UndeniableZombie

Experienced
Reaction score
badlion's system is the best around in minecraft. MCG's system only detects fly hacks and the better sprint mod. We need to improve that. Hackers have found a loophole, as they disguise their hacks, naming them optifine, or a shaderers mod.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
badlion's system is the best around in minecraft. MCG's system only detects fly hacks and the better sprint mod. We need to improve that. Hackers have found a loophole, as they disguise their hacks, naming them optifine, or a shaderers mod.
Also known as ghost clients, they have been around since the Mesopotamian era.

The only reason hackers have been becoming more of an issue is because of the improvement of no cheat systems. Since they are improving, it is becoming signifigantly less easy to find out if someone is hacking or not; if we presume any form of cheating or advantage in a game that is done out by a computer. If we can detect computer logic, rather than human logic (which is obviously extremely inaccurate) then detecting hacking can be done quite simply.

This is what obviously the anticheat does: it finds what cannot be possible to be done by a human. On the rarer occasion, you can find certain people do things inhumane by described by the anticheat, forcing them to get banned without an accurate measurement of how diverse skills are within everyone. This raises of a point that even anticheat isn't as accurate as possible. What is possible is finding out what humans can do no matter how good they are.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also known as ghost clients, they have been around since the Mesopotamian era.

The only reason hackers have been becoming more of an issue is because of the improvement of no cheat systems. Since they are improving, it is becoming signifigantly less easy to find out if someone is hacking or not; if we presume any form of cheating or advantage in a game that is done out by a computer. If we can detect computer logic, rather than human logic (which is obviously extremely inaccurate) then detecting hacking can be done quite simply.

This is what obviously the anticheat does: it finds what cannot be possible to be done by a human. On the rarer occasion, you can find certain people do things inhumane by described by the anticheat, forcing them to get banned without an accurate measurement of how diverse skills are within everyone. This raises of a point that even anticheat isn't as accurate as possible. What is possible is finding out what humans can do no matter how good they are.
anticheat is very accurate, it has had one error. Which is DaGoldBrick.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
The first part of solving a problem is recognizing that there is a problem. It seems that a lot of us don't want to admit that other servers are able to do what we have not done yet or maybe don't know how to do, which needs to happen in order to fix the problems at hand.

Now, I'm not a developer, so I don't know exactly what they are doing or what needs to be done to successfully create/upgrade our anti-cheat system. I do think that a stronger anti-cheat system needs to be top priority so that we can just get it over with. I'm not saying our developers are bad or incapable (I actually think they are extremely capable and brilliant developers), but I think it's a matter of priority.

Anyone that would like to possibly right up a proposal and send it to me, feel free to do so. I will put it in the suggestions to be covered at the next set of staff meetings, which are due for this weekend.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
This is like the vaccines problem for humanity, but the hacker problem, for, well, Minecraft.

I don't know how anticheat does it, but finding hackers and taking them out manually has been working fine for now. I personally have not seen too many hackers. But, yes, times are changing and I think making a better anti-cheat would take lots of strain off many people.

While we await the new anti-cheat, we still need to make our system of banning more efficient, make reports global, and then the moderator can follow the person reported via messages from the chat to them if they need more conclusive evidence. Or, they could just ban them on the spot.

I agree that this is a high priority, and while maybe there are other add-ons that are needed, why would you add on when you have problems from the very beginning?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci