• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A genuine concern for the future of this server.

Exult

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree. I think developing a more comprehensive anti-cheat should be made a priority (if it already isn't one). More players than ever use click macros from what I can tell, and having no reliable method of weeding them out from the server doesn't really cut it nowadays.

LukeTheCat

Survivor
Reaction score
There is a need for a fully automated anti-cheat. No matter how many hackers you ban, they'll just come back. You can get access to thousands of alt accounts for just a few dollars. People keep going on about how beneficial the cleansweeps are and how many hackers you ban, but the truth is the majority of them are back a few minutes later on a fresh account. If the time you spent banning hackers manually was invested in developing an actual anti-cheat system, you'd actually be doing something to stop hackers.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
So that's why kill aura reach is like twice as much now. To be fair making better anti-cheat will only stop them for a little while until the hacks are updated again. The only answer is for mods to stop sitting in the Hub, DND CS:GO Channels, and playing 8 player AU games @/croe97. In my opinion there are never enough dedicated PLAYER staff members on the team and this problem will never be fixed and I doubt we should address it anymore. I've been around MCGamer for almost 3 years now and I know the only time we ever had really good staff was around the time I joined and that was because the staff were high ranked players. So these staff members had tons of experience in the game and could easily tell if someone was hacking or not. Plus you can get like tons of accounts for cheap prices through some websites, I don't think there really is a solve for this. It's like trying to stop all crime in the world with one idea, it will always be around.

Eviix

Platinum
Reaction score
So that's why kill aura reach is like twice as much now. To be fair making better anti-cheat will only stop them for a little while until the hacks are updated again. The only answer is for mods to stop sitting in the Hub, DND CS:GO Channels, and playing 8 player AU games @/croe97. In my opinion there are never enough dedicated PLAYER staff members on the team and this problem will never be fixed and I doubt we should address it anymore. I've been around MCGamer for almost 3 years now and I know the only time we ever had really good staff was around the time I joined and that was because the staff were high ranked players. So these staff members had tons of experience in the game and could easily tell if someone was hacking or not. Plus you can get like tons of accounts for cheap prices through some websites, I don't think there really is a solve for this. It's like trying to stop all crime in the world with one idea, it will always be around.
I joined mcsg 3 years ago and i can say that I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
But surely if we get an anti cheat that will instantly ban certain users due to certain events undertaken by that player, such as head rotations/cps etc ... No matter how many alt accounts these people get, the anticheat would still ban them almost instantaneously? I believe they have this kind of system on Badlion. Please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Does mcsg even have autoclick detection yet? lol there are public autoclick detection plugins... like it can't be that hard
We're completely on 1.8 which severely diminishes autoclicking. In fact if I'm correct, anything above 15cps is nullified, therefore lowering the need for an autoclick detection system.

If I'm wrong, then that's another thing going on my list of possible anticheat fixes

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah I guess.

Guess that's why you didn't play that much badlion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci