• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A little rant, in my point of view.

Do you agree with my opinion?

• I agree with your opinion and feel the same way about this community.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I disagree with your opinion and feel otherwise about this community.

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello! In this thread, I just want to note some current events and things that have ticked me off about this community and the whole entire dividend of MCSG in general.

Ok, I want you guys to put what I am typing here through your head and see if you have noticed what has been going on.

Recently people have been making more complaints than MCSG has ever received as a whole. Why have they been receiving these complaints? The lack of dedication and the un-noticing of a slowly degenerating community is why. MCSG has recently been looked at through many people as a "ignoring, lazy, dying community".

If any of the upper-staff of MCSG have noticed this type of behavior within its members, then why don't they do something? Why don't they do something, well, as it has been stated, MCSG has become "lazy". The foundation of this community is its members. The members make this community what it is today. This foundation of members have been changing. Change can be good sometimes, sometimes bad. But the change that MCSG has been living off of isn't so bright. The new staff that MCSG has been developing isn't much of a 'dedicated staff', as lots of people have been mentioning. The recent moderator pickups that MCSG have accepted haven't been the 'hard-working' mods that everyone wants. Want to know why?

Well, the new mods of MCSG aren't really what we expect them to be. Recently, my friend _____ was playing in a game on Holiday Resort. While he was playing this game, he ran into a player while looking for gear to continue on the game. Once he went into fight this player, he immediately noticed that the opponent had a high chance of using a hacked client or multiple. When my friend died, he went onto the MCSG TeamSpeak and looked for a mod in the closest channel. Once he found a mod, he poked that mod and said *within these lines, but not in these exact words* "Hey, could you please come to my game in ___ to look into this player that I think is hacking?". Once he poked the mod, he waited a minute or so and noticed that he hadn't got the poke back. So, he went on to the next mod and poked him the same question. Well he went on to 2 other mods after that, and then one finally came into the game. Once the mod got to the game, he wen't into game master (A mode for mods that you can't see them by using the tap key) and was watching the hacker. My friend said *within these lines, but not in these exact words*, "I poked 3-4 mods and you were the only one that answered". The mod replied saying *within these lines, but not in these exact words*, "You aren't supposed to poke multiple mods if there is a hacker, you can record a video of the hacker and post a report abuse". My friend responded *within these lines, but not in these exact words*, "Well, what if I didn't have a recording software, nor' did I have a good computer to record videos on Minecraft?" Then the whole entire thing went on about that topic and the mod banned/kicked the hacker and it was a jolly day.

Why couldn't the first mod respond? Oh, was it because he was busy doing otherwise? Oh, was he just not in the mood? Oh, did he just not feel like it? Yeah, well thats what this whole thread is about. Moderators up to this date have been lazy and aren't what they used to be. Now, what I see in a PORTION of moderators is 'Oh, I have a red name, and I have more power then you, but sometimes I am just too lazy to do my job'. I remember the staff of MCSG doing what they desired to do when they were in the middle of typing their mod application, keeping this community intact. Now, mods just get mod to have the experience, not to endure it.

Feel free to express your feelings in the reply section below and please vote on the poll above this text section of the thread. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

This thread is highly suggested not to be removed in my opinion, as it could help this community out in the future and can be a benchmark of how this community's staff is slowly dying its prime characters roles down.

Edit: Some of you may comment about some of the mods actually doing their job, as I mentioned in this post is that I am relating this to a PORTION of the mods, not all.

Last edited:

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The MCSG community has had fair less complaints then a few months back, and like Chad has posted lots of times the servers are growing faster than ever

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i quite frankly fine this insulting that you called us lazy i have you know that 350+ hours a month is put in to this place by the administration and devs to run this place we are by no means lazy we work day and night even sometimes with out sleep we take time out of our lives to run this place i even now am on holiday and ment to be relaxing but no im still working to provide this service so please check your facts before you comment. rant over.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All other mods that you poked could have been AFK or busy, and you could just get evidence as the staff member said, but if that's not an option then poking mods would be the best way of getting something done about it.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
i quite frankly fine this insulting that you called us lazy i have you know that 350+ hours a month is put in to this place by the administration and devs to run this place we are by no means lazy we work day and night even sometimes with out sleep we take time out of our lives to run this place i even now am on holiday and ment to be relaxing but no im still working to provide this service so please check your facts before you comment. rant over.
Amen! So much amen!!!

Reaction score
It was your choice to do this wasn't it? Why complain about taking days and weeks of work when you could do it on something more interesting to you? *Im not asking that question directly to you, im stating that about the portion of mods I made this thread about*.. Some of these mods are just there to be there, don't you get it?

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was your choice to do this wasn't it? Why complain about taking days and weeks of work when you could do it on something more interesting to you? *Im not asking that question directly to you, im stating that about the portion of mods I made this thread about*.. Some of these mods are just there to be there, don't you get it?
im not complaining its just its highly insulting when people call us lazy when we are always working its not not in the publics eye as that is not our job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci