• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A More Strict Punishment for Hackers?

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
1 month is perfect in my eyes. When people download a hacked client and use it on mcsg they know what they're doing is wrong and if it's a new player who is unaware that hacks are bannable they could go play on another server until their ban expires

The reason I feel so harshly about hackers is because there are only ever like 3 different mods on ca mcsg that I've seen and there has been this guy who in every game has been hacking. As far as I can recall it was a month ago when he was starting to hack and hasn't been banned since. (SNIP) point is people won't stop unless they get caught because he was in my game yesterday and sure enough he was still hacking :c (I would record him but I can barely get 30 fps while recording)

Last edited by a moderator:

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
I know this isn't a proper post.. But I just realized what your avatar actually is. I thought it was a sock puppet with brown string hair. :/

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Never did I say that the mods that MCSG currently has are not good, we just need more of them.
Yes, of course, we never have enough staff, the more the better.

Thing is, the Sr. Staff are often harassed for not hiring enough Moderators. Although I don't think it's them who need to accept more Moderators, it's the community that needs to apply for staff.

Quality, over Quantity.

Would you rather have better staff, who ban the right people, for the right reason? Or more staff that don't know how to do their job, and have to cause the Sr. Staff more trouble, and the community more trouble by banning the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

Replying to the thread as a whole, 1 month is simply too long.
1 month is perfect in my eyes. When people download a hacked client and use it on mcsg they know what they're doing is wrong and if it's a new player who is unaware that hacks are bannable they could go play on another server until their ban expires

The reason I feel so harshly about hackers is because there are only ever like 3 different mods on ca mcsg that I've seen and there has been this guy who in every game has been hacking. As far as I can recall it was a month ago when he was starting to hack and hasn't been banned since. (SNIP) point is people won't stop unless they get caught because he was in my game yesterday and sure enough he was still hacking :c (I would record him but I can barely get 30 fps while recording)
That would be the perfect time to report the player here: http://report.mcgamer.info or contact a staff member on the TeamSpeak. (ts.mcgamer.net), instead of letting the hacker roam free, and hack on the network. You got to remember, it's not only the Moderators who help ban the hackers, it's more the cooperation between the community, and the staff team combined.

Last edited:

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree however with certain rules such as gamma being classed as a hack then being banned 30 days for that is ridiculous. I got banned for gamma before I had knowledge of that rule simply because I was told how to do it. I was banned for "hacking" when it's not a hack at all however I still received a 1 week ban. If that was 1 month then I'd be pretty annoyed.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I agree however with certain rules such as gamma being classed as a hack then being banned 30 days for that is ridiculous. I got banned for gamma before I had knowledge of that rule simply because I was told how to do it. I was banned for "hacking" when it's not a hack at all however I still received a 1 week ban. If that was 1 month then I'd be pretty annoyed.
Hacked clients provide an unfair advantage over Vanilla clients, that are not modified in a way that would provide with an unfair advantage, like Optifine. Optifine, for some users makes the game playable, and there is no major advantage.

Why exactly do you increase your gamma through the settings?

Probably on certain maps, you have trouble seeing, while everyone with a non-modified client in the game is having trouble seeing on the dark area of the map, you are with an advantage because you can see without a problem whatsoever.

This is why it's treating as hacking. Not to mention increased gamma is a hack included in most of the hacked clients in existence, so thus, it is treated as hacking.

I got banned for gamma before I had knowledge of that rule
This is why we encourage you to read the MCGamer official rules. It is stated in the rules that modifying your .minecraft folder to provide an unfair advantage is punishable.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Hacked clients provide an unfair advantage over Vanilla clients, that are not modified in a way that would provide with an unfair advantage, like Optifine. Optifine, for some users makes the game playable, and there is no major advantage.

Why exactly do you increase your gamma through the settings?

Probably on certain maps, you have trouble seeing, while everyone with a non-modified client in the game is having trouble seeing on the dark area of the map, you are with an advantage because you can see without a problem whatsoever.

This is why it's treating as hacking. Not to mention increased gamma is a hack included in most of the hacked clients in existence, so thus, it is treated as hacking.

This is why we encourage you to read the MCGamer official rules. It is stated in the rules that modifying your .minecraft folder to provide an unfair advantage is punishable.
No my point is that gamma is NOTHING compared to kill aura, regen, fly/speed and whatever other crazy hacks there are. Another thing is that I edited a notepad file, I never used a hack client and I had no knowledge of what I was really doing since I was new to minecraft. That's not the point, I'm over that. I'm stating that gamma is not ruining the game for others unlike kill aura/forcefielders.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, of course, we never have enough staff, the more the better.

Thing is, the Sr. Staff are often harassed for not hiring enough Moderators. Although I don't think it's them who need to accept more Moderators, it's the community that needs to apply for staff.

Quality, over Quantity.

Would you rather have better staff, who ban the right people, for the right reason? Or more staff that don't know how to do their job, and have to cause the Sr. Staff more trouble, and the community more trouble by banning the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
Honestly, I have no idea what you even mean by the first part. As for the question you asked me, you did a good job basing it off of things I never said. All I said was we need more good mods to go along with the good mods already on the server. No clue how that lead you to argue over Quality and Quantity. If you actually want an answer, I would say that there is no limit to the amount of mods as long as there are good mods. You asked a very meaningless question since it had nothing to do with what I said.

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
we need more mods they are good but under manned and depending on the hacks a 1st time perm would be nice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci