• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A new map rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Andersen

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello my fellow survivors!

Me and a friend(s), have thought about making a new survival map... Full of hidden chests and traps aswell as a very pleasant map to look at.

That is atleast our goal! - Anyways, I have started thinking how I should get started, and well I decided to come here and ask for a few tips for the start.

The beginning

Well, so far I have a TOTAL flat map, which means grass and only grass, however I have in mind to add rivers and mountains (however, also city!), so my first question would be.

Should I start with a map with actual landscape, or try my best to design my own using tools?

My second question is about limiting the map in a good way. I am personally a fan of the way Vareide decided to do it (with the huge glass dome). So I think I will head the same way and add a dome. So my second question would be.

Which tool would be best for making such a dome?

I have tried VoxelSniper, but I seem to fail at it, as the dome spawns under the ground.... I have tried WorldEdit but it gets way to huge I think... other than that its pretty much just a glass wall, atleast if it have to live up to the 1000x1000 map-size that they are asking for, for a 48 players map.

Last question would then be:

Should I then just make it smaller to fit a 24 players map perfectly with a 500x500 map?

Also! - All good ideas for things that could be included in the map will be very much appriciated!

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
I would LOVE to help, I'm a pretty good builder and I'm familiar with MCSG. Glass wall=VoxelSnipe, if you fail get others to do it, its a necessity, 24 player maps are the most fun to work with but I would recommend having an original idea like a multi biome world, not a city for obvious reasons.

Simon Andersen

Tribute
Reaction score
Don't worry, it will be unique... I have quite a few ideas, I just have to find a way to implent them.... Which I will work on once I know how much 500x500 -> 1000x1000 is :)

Alright so I will use VoxelSnipe, should I then spawn it at the very top buildable block of the center?

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
Don't worry, it will be unique... I have quite a few ideas, I just have to find a way to implent them.... Which I will work on once I know how much 500x500 -> 1000x1000 is :)

Alright so I will use VoxelSnipe, should I then spawn it at the very top buildable block of the center?
Yup, can I help build?:3

Jugglernaught

Spectator
Reaction score
I am totally in for helping you build. I am pretty good with voxel sniper when it comes to landscapes. If you need natural looking ground/mountains/rivers/ect. than I am your guy.

P.S. I would need to know when though to try to work my schedule around it. ;)

Simon Andersen

Tribute
Reaction score
UPDATE

Alright, so me and my friend Jacob has decided to begin the map tonight, in fact now! However... We are standing in a situation again, where should we begin... A flat map could be a possibility, seeing then we would have to make it all, then again.... If we just terraform we will have a lot of work aswell, but it might look a bit more natural...

The dome has to be placed, and the cornucopia, has to be designed... Still a lot of thoughts here, so let us have some feedback asap! :D

Peas001

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi guys!
My name is Jacob, i'm working with simon on the map.
If you have interest in helping. would you please send a video or picture of something that you have done before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci