• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A /report feature

Reaction score
Just an idea for the servers, since there is an on-going issue of hackers in the servers, especially using mods like better sprint or Auto Aura, or some other clients, to get an unfair advantage in game. A fair player can be running around the map, hoping to find a tier 2 chest, then finally collect their iron armor and enough diamonds to make a diamond sword, only to get killed by someone with a stone ax, or at the beginning to be killed by a bare hand in 4-5 hits. These players should not get the points or wins that they are getting while legitimate players are getting screwed over. Although taking a photo or video and posting it on the forums is a solution, it is slow and difficult, leading many hackers to go Scott Free.
My suggestion is for the servers to have a /report command (/report <player> <short description of offence>). I apologize because I myself do not know any java, so I cannot give a code for the servers, but this is just an idea. Ideally, doing this would put a flag only visible by moderators, secretly flagging the offender and the reporter. Obviously those abusing this feature (repeatedly reporting people out of rage) should suffer consequences as well, but this system would be a good way to have moderator intervention where it is needed, especially when the infringement of the rules is ongoing.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
This would swamp the admins and mods in work, sorting out reports and ban appeals and all of that.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This has been discussed several times, and in the end the answer was always no because it would be too much work for the staff. I agree that it would be helpful, and I think there are ways around any problem that could come up with this suggestion, but I doubt it will happen soon.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Could be abused so much! You can't really ban someone without sufficient evidence, therefore typing /report [name] in chat is not really gonna get someone banned is it?

DragonSlayer1920

Spectator
Reaction score
Players will easily rage if they die with a sword and will Imeadiatly spam reporting, ruining the purpose of it cause as said it will be highly abused.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There are ways around people spamming the report button. For example, make it so you can only do it once every 30 seconds, or twice in 1 game. There are even more methods that would work fine.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
This has been talked about a lot, and I mean ALOT, and the Sr.Staff have said no, mainly because it would be abused.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree that this feature could be easily abused. The best way to handle this is to be on teamspeak and poke a moderator who's free to come in.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
This would be ineffective because there is no logical and dependable way to provide proof.

DragonSlayer1920

Spectator
Reaction score
Thats why the fourms would be an easy way to handle reporting, its not that hard to open a web browser, and it will be a good and easy way to prove your report reason true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci