• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Reward for Reporting?

Should this feature be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
You report hackers to make the community a better place, not for personal gain. If you apply for mod then lots of hacker reports show that you are devoted to the community, but other than that they are only to make the community better and not make the rest of use rage when we die to said hacker :)
I definitely agree.

Also this will make everyone start reporting hackers, even if they aren't hacking just so they can get a reward. Then someone who has a clean account will get falsely banned just so someone could get 10 points.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Unlike everyone else, I agree with you. Why should we, whom come here to play, not to report hackers, report hackers. Sure if your "Devoted" to the community you'd do that, but we have other things to do! I also got bored of reporting hackers, like you, so I just recorded them and made a hacker montage and sent it to a moderator and he bans them.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Unlike everyone else, I agree with you. Why should we, whom come here to play, not to report hackers, report hackers. Sure if your "Devoted" to the community you'd do that, but we have other things to do! I also got bored of reporting hackers, like you, so I just recorded them and made a hacker montage and sent it to a moderator and he bans them.
I am not saying that we shouldn't report hackers. I always have reported hackers. I just get the feeling that others are feeling encouraged to report hackers. I mean the reason "it helps the community" is good for a while, but after the 50th hacker you seem slightly encouraged to take your time to render, upload and report.
I feel like the feature would help decrease the amount of hackers in games.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Isn't getting a cheater banned enough of a reward? Mods would be flooded with false reports. Users would literally report for everything. It would cause more harm than gain to the community. It's a no-no from me.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I definitely agree.

Also this will make everyone start reporting hackers, even if they aren't hacking just so they can get a reward. Then someone who has a clean account will get falsely banned just so someone could get 10 points.
But what if they only got the reward if the person got banned? so the mods would look over the report and the user would only get the reward if they saw that the person was hacking? also your point about people getting falsely banned is invalid, the mods would still have to look over it and would not ban someone who wasn't hacking.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't see any reason for this not to happen. So what if the number of false reports went up; that's to be expected from the overall number of reports increasing. More reports = more rule-breakers banned = fewer rule breakers in the community.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
But what if they only got the reward if the person got banned? so the mods would look over the report and the user would only get the reward if they saw that the person was hacking? also your point about people getting falsely banned is invalid, the mods would still have to look over it and would not ban someone who wasn't hacking.
The thing is.. You're not supposed to know what the mod(s) do to the rule-breakers, whether or not they get banned they get dealt with "appropriately" (like, if he/she was hacking, banned. If he or she wasn't, no ban). If you were to be able to get a reward for every successful report abuse then you'd know that the user has been dealt with, which only the user him/herself and the staff should know about.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing is.. You're not supposed to know what the mod(s) do to the rule-breakers, whether or not they get banned they get dealt with "appropriately" (like, if he/she was hacking, banned. If he or she wasn't, no ban). If you were to be able to get a reward for every successful report abuse then you'd know that the user has been dealt with, which only the user him/herself and the staff should know about.
hmmm i didn't think about that, but good point.

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
You do get a reward: 1 banned hacker, which is 1 step closer to a cleaner community for everyone. You get the warm feeling inside that you did something right.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
You do get a reward: 1 banned hacker, which is 1 step closer to a cleaner community for everyone. You get the warm feeling inside that you did something right.
I hope you do get that when you ban one hacker, 10 players actually start hacking and when you realise it, you are no more in the mood of reporting..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci