• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A way to stop mod inactivity.

Is this a good idea

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I, personally, think they should sign in more then once a month. I'd say once or twice per week would be adequate. Like you said, we have lives, but if we can't take 20-30 minutes to play one game out of an entire week, let-alone a month.. I'm not so sure that moderator in particular should be allowed to remain.
I think every week or every 2 weeks can be unfair, because if I ever go on vacation or something (which generally happens every year, maybe a few times. Not necessarily going somewhere, but being unable to play) it's often for that amount of time, and I probably wouldn't have access to a computer.

We've thought before about making a quota for the number of posts you must have before you can apply for mod. But, as you guys have mentioned, we don't want people posting on the forums just to reach the minimum level of posts before applying for moderator.

As well as this, probably around 75% of our mods had less than 20 posts when they first apply, yet are still active now. A lot of our amazing mods today (including me ;P) started off applying with very few posts to begin with but have proved that there is no need for a certain amount of forum activeness. Obviously, if they applied a month ago and when we look at their app and they haven't logged in since then, we probably won't accept them.

What about having to sign in to a server once every few weeks? That seems more reasonable to me.

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
I think every week or every 2 weeks can be unfair, because if I ever go on vacation or something (which generally happens every year, maybe a few times. Not necessarily going somewhere, but being unable to play) it's often for that amount of time, and I probably wouldn't have access to a computer.

What about having to sign in to a server once every few weeks? That seems more reasonable to me.
Which is exactly why we have an inactivity thread ;)

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No im just saying that they should make it so only people that they know that are going to be active on the forums.
Let me just say before I became a mod I had 10 Posts. Currently I have 550. Not all people are active on Forums but Mods do try to do there best. Some Mods are infact inactive on the forums but are on Skype, TS, or etc. We try to do the best we can.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Don't say anything about Col_Star's so called "inactivity" when you don't know anything about him. He might be doing stuff for this community that you are totally unaware of ;)

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Don't say anything about Col_Star's so called "inactivity" when you don't know anything about him. He might be doing stuff for this community that you are totally unaware of ;)
I know that Col_StaR dose loads with mod inteviews on ts and stuff like that.

B

Buxtonaters

I would just like to say that Col_StaR is not inactive in any way he is one of the people who make these servers the best by helping the community and making and happier place by helping staff and members of bans and other issues they have...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci