• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Youtuber's Guide To HQ Recording

FPSFGaming

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello, guys! It's me, Nake. Some of you might know me, some of you might not. I'm here to show you how to record MCSG in high FPS, high quality and how not to need to render for 20 hours.

MINECRAFT FPS :

Okay, so let's begin with this particular thread. :
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...fps-increase-guide.40681/page-11#post-1003178

Follow everything that person says. Now, after you have installed optifine and have done EVERYTHING that guy said, download this file : http://adf.ly/driAL
Paste it in %appdata% / .minecraft
200% FPS improvement on my PC, thank me later! ^.^

RECORDING PROGRAM :

Okay, I suppose most of you, small youtubers out there use Fraps. Yeah, it's a good program, but once you get used to OBS... You'll never go back to it. What's so good about fraps? No THOUSANDS of options, record with it straight out of the box. Here's the best program in my opinion. You can do livestreams with it, too.
obsproject.com

This thing is a beast. If you get the right settings, it has almost NO IMPACT on performance whatsoever. So... Here's the best settings you can possibly get with this thing.

So once you download OBS it should look something like this :

Just go to settings / encoding. One of the most important parts!
Make it look exactly like this :

Now, onto the Broadcast Settings... Just customize it. It's up to you. ^^

Here comes one of the framerate impact helping tabs.

Audio settings.. Just leave them as default. Or, if you want to, customize them. It's also up to you.
Advanced... Here's the MOST IMPORTANT! PAY EXTREME ATTENTION! COPY EXACTLY AS SHOWN!

That's pretty much it with the settings. Now, just go and do this :

http://postimg.org/image/uh3wy9z3n/

Oh, and yeah, really important! Before you start recording, just do this. It will improve your framerate dramatically. [Untick enable preview]

http://gyazo.com/35a99316510bf6dc93693a5645d13560

With OBS, you don't even need to render. The file size is really small and it can be uploaded straight to youtube. Don't worry if it looks derpy when you play it. On youtube it will look great! I promise! :)
The small file provides very fast rendering.

RENDERING :

Quite a few people out there use Sony Vegas as their rendering program. Sure, that's a really good program for editing. However, it's not the best for fast rendering. I strongly recommend Cyberlink Power Director. It's the best out there, in my opinion! With this program and a DECENT, average PC you should render a 10 minute video in 10 minutes at the most. Which is pretty good in my opinion.
Other programs worth mentioning :
Windows Live Movie Maker
Camtasia
[more to add]

Just in case you guys might wonder if my PC is a frickin beast because it doesn't get ANY framerate lag while recording, the answer is "no".
My specs are kind of average. The CPU is complete shrapnel [i2 2.5 gHz]. The GPU, however, is alright. [nVidia GeForce GTX 650 1 gb]
So.. If you have that kind of specs, you shouldn't worry about framerate lag! ^.^
PLAY ON, YOUTUBERS!

So... Yeah, guys. That's pretty much it now. I use all of the above and everything runs smoothly for me. I hope it will work out for you, too. If this helped in any way, please leave a reply to keep this topic alive so everyone else can see this. Thanks a lot! Sorry for the Low Quality thread, this was made in about half an hour because it was pretty late! Baiii, good luck recording! :D

Last edited:

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Meh, i record 60 FPS shaders, high quality texture pack, and use fraps with 8 chunks. I usually get really good recordings, just check out my signature!

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Now, after you have installed optifine and have done EVERYTHING that guy said, download this file : http://adf.ly/driAL
Paste it in %appdata% / .minecraft
200% FPS improvement on my PC, thank me later! ^.^
Is Optifine needed for this (or naw?)

Also, which file in the .Minecraft folder?

Eravonia

Survivor
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread and it seems like something that will work, I've decided to give this a try, I've done everything you instructed me to do but I don't exactly know how to start recording. I understand I can get a hotkey but where do I change the directory so it can save the recording on to a folder that I wish to save it in?

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
One of the best guides I've seen in years! Big thanks for showing me this OBS program. Gonna go try it out right now <3

FPSFGaming

Platinum
Reaction score
One of the best guides I've seen in years! Big thanks for showing me this OBS program. Gonna go try it out right now <3
Thank you! ^.^

I stumbled upon this thread and it seems like something that will work, I've decided to give this a try, I've done everything you instructed me to do but I don't exactly know how to start recording. I understand I can get a hotkey but where do I change the directory so it can save the recording on to a folder that I wish to save it in?
Broadcast Settings / File path

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't really need FPS improvement guides, I just wanted to know a good recorder. xD I record with 200+ FPS with Dxtory but it shows laggy for some reason, idek why. But I'll give your recording software a shot :D

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Where do we put the optionsof?
I personally got my original optifineof text document ( you should have it if you downloaded it), and then delete, followed by pasting in the newer one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci