• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About hackers

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe in second chances and learning from your mistakes. I think everyone should be entitled to at least having one more chance. If someone is really foolish enough to hack again after their ban, they'll be caught again and then permbanned. It's just the way it works.

Also, just a little thing, I don't know why you keep using the word "undefinitely". It's not a real word, and you keep using it over and over again. I think you mean "indefinitely", but you could also just say permanently.

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
If someone broke the laws and had to spend the rest of her/his life in prison, do you think s/he should have a second chance? No. They broke the rules. They got punished for it.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
What makes me mad is that some of my friends said that he ddosed so and so or something, and he got PERM banned, didn't have to do with him ddosing MCGamer, he just said that he ddosed someone (Don't know who) yet they don't perm ban hackers?

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
What makes me mad is that some of my friends said that he ddosed so and so or something, and he got PERM banned, didn't have to do with him ddosing MCGamer, he just said that he ddosed someone (Don't know who) yet they don't perm ban hackers?
It's not really my place to talk, but:
DDosing is illegal, like: against the law illegal. If someone was breaking the law like that I wouldn't want them on a server I had either, frankly. Even if you permbanned a hacker it wouldn't necessarily stop them. You're still going to get hundreds more hackers each day and you're still going to get people who would go on alt accounts (and not hack, or hack)

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not really my place to talk, but:
DDosing is illegal, like: against the law illegal. If someone was breaking the law like that I wouldn't want them on a server I had either, frankly. Even if you permbanned a hacker it wouldn't necessarily stop them. You're still going to get hundreds more hackers each day and you're still going to get people who would go on alt accounts (and not hack, or hack)
Yeah, I forgot about the illegal part of ddosing. And as for hackers, why not IP ban them? I don't think many hackers will know/ go through the trouble of changing their ip to get back on the servers on an alt.

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot about the illegal part of ddosing. And as for hackers, why not IP ban them? I don't think many hackers will know/ go through the trouble of changing their ip to get back on the servers on an alt.
That really all comes down to MCSG and their decisions. It's apparent that MCSG has a bit of a more generous side with that than some of the forumers here. You'll never really satisfy everyone there. I guess it would be better, because people shouldn't be hacking in the first place, but everyone slips up here and there. Tempbanning for hacking is something that is pretty common on most servers.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
I got banned for hacking once, and the proof was legitimate, I left MCSG and joined Hive for awhile and stopped hacking because I liked SG a lot and didn't want to be banned from the two good servers that do SG. So I mean, I am in disagreement with this idea, mostly because I wouldn't be here.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I personally believe in second chances. If you make a mistake in using hacked clients. I believe you should be given a chance to redeem yourself. If you get perm banned with the first offense. It gives you no chance to redeem yourself, and the user would just feel abandoned by the server for not giving second chances. I believe if you got perm banned straight away. You would be the one regretting you said/made this thread in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci