• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About Spectaters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
Spectators:
They are dead and shouldn't be able to mess with the tributes game, but there are ways.. and they are quite annoying

1. the can push mobs towards you and have them agro on to you.
2. if they click and change to spectate to you, and you are climbing something, chances are they will knock you off.
3. they can steal your experience orbs (i havent seen this one first hand yet but ive heard many say it)

So the suggestion here is that to please fix so that spectators cannot do any of these things. one suggestion i have to fix number 2 is to, instead of having spectators click and flash to you, have them be able to see your name plate from anywhere on the map and they just have to fly to you. This is unless of course you are able to fix them from pushing you off.

Other than that the servers are tons of fun to play on and i realize that they are only in beta, hence why i'm not angry just point out a bit of flaws lol.

Anyways thank you ahead of time if this issue gets fixed.

OTHER SPECTATOR ANNOYANCES (pointed out by other players)

1. They can block arrows and deflect them back to the shooter.

TManVG

Spectator
Reaction score
And as a spectator you can block arrows and deflect them and make them hit themselves which is pretty annoying but not a big deal

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
And as a spectator you can block arrows and deflect them and make them hit themselves which is pretty annoying but not a big deal
I did not even know that one,

add it to the please fix list lol

TManVG

Spectator
Reaction score
AS I said above they are not game changing bugs and they have plenty other things to do.

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
2 isn't real. Whoever told you this is a liar. It's a common misconception.

Let me make this clear: getting pushed by other players is COMPLETELY clientside. What this means is that if you can't see them, they can't push you. No buts about it. If you fell, it's your own fault. Why don't you try pushing someone when you spectate - it can't be done.

fulufu

Tribute
Reaction score
chad said that these problems are impossible to fix, that it is minecraft and not the plugin, he said that there is nothing they can do about it :,(

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
2 isn't real. Whoever told you this is a liar. It's a common misconception.

Let me make this clear: getting pushed by other players is COMPLETELY clientside. What this means is that if you can't see them, they can't push you. No buts about it. If you fell, it's your own fault. Why don't you try pushing someone when you spectate - it can't be done.
i didn't mean push them as in try to run into them but if you spawn on them to spectate and they are in mid air or climbing they will just fall to the ground

and i have done that to someone so i know its not 100% a lie.

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
chad said that these problems are impossible to fix, that it is minecraft and not the plugin, he said that there is nothing they can do about it :,(
Well that's unfortunate, hopefully something will change on whomever end it is on that the problem exists tho
we have nothing else to do ..deal with it
Well spectors should only be able to spectate, thats all this is about. There ability to interfere even in the slightest about should not be a part of the game. If you died then its game over for you, i love the fact we can watch the game continue but to mess with it in anyway is not cool.
AS I said above they are not game changing bugs and they have plenty other things to do.
I wasn't implying that they are a priority bug fix issue, i was simply making a suggestion in the suggestion forums in hopes one day, as this come out of beta, some of these issues might be fixed is all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now Before anyone tries to get in a rage fight over this i will just restate what i just said in reply to TmanVG.

This is a simply suggestion in the suggestions forums, issues i saw in game that maybe one day could get fixed. This is by no means a Rage post or anything of the matter. I am just trying to get it out there. I am quite enjoying MCSG and this by no means makes me want to stop playing, but once again just thought they could be pointed out so that maybe they can get fixed in the future.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
1. I don't think of this as a bad thing, I think of it as a good thing. Sometimes it's quite good to get a mob agroed on someone and have it attack a tribute. This isn't fair at the beginning of the game when you are in a dark building with no items, but by the first night, you should be able to easily deal with mobs so it's just fun to push them around.

2. This doesn't happen. I have done this many times, and have never pushed someone off. I think in the past spectators could push the tributes, but it definitely doesn't happen anymore.

3. This is a problem. Spectators definitely should not be able to gain experience and either way they have nothing to use it on.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
1, this isnt a problem. It's kinda cool actually, never let down your guard.
2. Never happend, isn't going to happen in the future.
3. Doesn't happen. I tried it myself as a test, you can't.

TXFDA

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't see why it's a big deal. Honestly If you can't kill a mob or two, I don't see how you're going to kill a human player. And blocking arrows, I've barely seen people using a bow when I play anyway. Everyone sticks to swords from what I can see. (I know SOME people use a bow, but I'm going by what I've seen when I played.) As for XP, you actually expect to be able to collect enough XP and find an enchanting table, and sit still while enchanting without being killed? I'd rather just use a basic sword and armor. lol. And I've never been knocked off a ladder, or knocked anyone else off a ladder, so I can't comment on this other than It can't be THAT common if I've never seen it happen.

Honestly, I wish spectators actually had MORE to do. I'm not the best at the game, so I tend to die quite often only 5-10 minutes after starting, then get stuck with nothing to do for 30-40 minutes. Or if I join a game mid-game, I still have to usually sit there for 30 minutes or so waiting. And since Minecraft takes up like 90% of my memory or more, I can't exactly switch windows and do something while I wait, so I end up just..sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci