• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding a Map-finding-command?

Would you like to see commands like that being added on the Server?

• Total voters
J

Jojo

Hey guys! :)
I would like to hear your opinions on a command, which would make it possible to find a specific map to play on.
It is often the case, that you want to play on a specific map, but just can't find it, and then spend 10 minutes or even longer to search for a server with that map in the voting list.
This could work as follows:

Commands for the SG Mini Hub:

/joinmap - gives a list of all maps.
(To prevent errors, for example when someone tries to do /joinmap Par 72 instead of Par72, or simply doesn't know the correct spelling anymore.)

/joinmap Par72 - joins a Lobby, which has Par72 as 1 of the 5 pickable maps.
(Maybe even the lobby with the highest amount of votes for that Map, at that point of time - possible donor poke ( as this server might be full already)? )

/watchmap - gives a list of all maps.

/watchmap SG:Adrenaline - joins a running game on the map SG:Adrenaline

Hm, well something around that.

Thanks for your opinions and ideas! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Im on the fence about this. It is good if you want to find a map, however, some of the underplayed maps could end up just being rejected even more so. :( Which means R.I.P some really nice maps. If it was used in conjunction with a play limiter or something then it is a good idea ;p

10❤

Experienced
Reaction score
It would be impossible for the /joinmap function to operate because there is no map designated to a lobby until the map starts and you are unable to join a lobby in pregame.

J

Jojo

It would be impossible for the /joinmap function to operate because there is no map designated to a lobby until the map starts and you are unable to join a lobby in pregame.
Well it would still not be guaranteed that the map will win, but at least you can vote for it then.

Serecno

Career
Reaction score
the underplayed maps would probably end up like every other abandoned gamemode, sadly. and even if they weren't completely abandoned they would probably have mostly 6 player games, and that would be easily taken advantage of by only playing said maps in 6 man games for easier wins. =^)

however, it would still be a nice feature

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this yesterday! I would love to see this added as a feature on the servers :)

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Im on the fence about this. It is good if you want to find a map, however, some of the underplayed maps could end up just being rejected even more so. :( Which means R.I.P some really nice maps. If it was used in conjunction with a play limiter or something then it is a good idea ;p
What's the problem with that? Why force people to play maps they don't want to?

Tafallita

Platinum
Reaction score
It's good, but the other maps... the "poop" maps... nobody will play it

Warriorss

Career
Reaction score
Well that's good to see which maps people don't want to play!

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
What's the problem with that? Why force people to play maps they don't want to?
I like them. Tyranny of the Majority is bad. Why force the minority who like those maps to Not be able to play them and force them to play "popular" Maps

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I like them. Tyranny of the Majority is bad. Why force the minority who like those maps to Not be able to play them and force them to play "popular" Maps
Why aim to please the minority over the majority? If only a small amount of people enjoy playing a map, why bother keeping it on the network in its current state? If this feature was implemented, you'd be able to see which maps people don't like and improve/remove them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci