• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Admitting to Hacking in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I want to clearly distinguish something here:

Saying something along the lines of "I hack, lol" (or anything like that) is a chat offense.

Chat offenses and hacking offenses are two different categories of matter. Hacking actually affects and disrupts gameplay, while chat offenses are highly irrelevant to fair gameplay.

Just a quick thought I wanted to share.

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
The last thing a legitimate hacker that wants to ruin other's time is to say that they hack honestly...

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
As a mod for over a year and a half I always made sure to warn players before banning for that. Never on the spot. I'd let them know that even joking about hacking would be punishable in the same way as actually hacking. And usually the person wouldn't do it again. But sometimes, they were stupid enough to test me and that's when they'd pay for it; and they deserve the ban for being dumb enough to challenge a staff member like that. For example one time someone on kit PVP said repeatedly that they had Huzini after others were saying they were hacking, in which case I think they actually did, so them admitting to it was like a way to avoid having to spend the time to get video proof; I could just ban them straight away. But most times, I think they genuinely are joking. I do actually agree that it probably should be a 3 day ban rather than a 7 day, just because there isn't any proof that they actually have hacks. But in my opinion, most of the time, you actually can tell if they're being serious about it.

Reaction score
As a mod for over a year and a half I always made sure to warn players before banning for that. Never on the spot. I'd let them know that even joking about hacking would be punishable in the same way as actually hacking. And usually the person wouldn't do it again. But sometimes, they were stupid enough to test me and that's when they'd pay for it; and they deserve the ban for being dumb enough to challenge a staff member like that. For example one time someone on kit PVP said repeatedly that they had Huzini after others were saying they were hacking, in which case I think they actually did, so them admitting to it was like a way to avoid having to spend the time to get video proof; I could just ban them straight away. But most times, I think they genuinely are joking. I do actually agree that it probably should be a 3 day ban rather than a 7 day, just because there isn't any proof that they actually have hacks. But in my opinion, most of the time, you actually can tell if they're being serious about it.
How about go and see if the person is hacking..

VladimirYoshi

Tribute
Reaction score
I find it funny how huahwi has been getting the same response from different people xD

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I find it funny how huahwi has been getting the same response from different people xD
If it isn't reinforced enough, people could assume that the opinion being expressed belonged to the minority, rather than the majority. We have to properly express that it isn't the case, and this is an effective way.
Have you actually read through all ten pages?

Reaction score
If it isn't reinforced enough, people could assume that the opinion being expressed belonged to the minority, rather than the majority. We have to properly express that it isn't the case, and this is an effective way.
Have you actually read through all ten pages?
Yes, and I still think that banning for 7 days is stupid. At least go and see if the guy is hacking >_>

R4ng

Platinum
Reaction score
I want to clearly distinguish something here:

Saying something along the lines of "I hack, lol" (or anything like that) is a chat offense.

Chat offenses and hacking offenses are two different categories of matter. Hacking actually affects and disrupts gameplay, while chat offenses are highly irrelevant to fair gameplay.

Just a quick thought I wanted to share.
However you are directly admitting to breaking a gameplay rule by saying "I hack", therefore the punishment should be for breaking the in-game rule rather than for it to be treated as a chat offence. I see what you mean however, but I think it's fine the way it is for the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci