• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Air Asia 320-200 goes missing? Does it mean air travelling is unsafe

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, when planes go missing, there's rarely survivors. There are no confirmed fatalities yet - it's just speculation.

Also, sorry for snapping at you.
Yeah; agreed :/ I hope everyone is okay though!

It's okay; it's the Internet :p

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Is it just me or is something fishy happening with all these plane disappearances or instances. I feel that this is all a massive conspiracy and something bigger is happening right in front of our eyes. This is a decoy. To get of focus away from something. >.> 0.0

Reaction score
Is it just me or is something fishy happening with all these plane disappearances or instances. I feel that this is all a massive conspiracy and something bigger is happening right in front of our eyes. This is a decoy. To get of focus away from something. >.> 0.0
You could be right. December been a big thing for terriosm with the Sydney Sieage, then the Pakistani school attack then this.

Reaction score
Is these kind of news articles that put me off leaving the house

The fact that people have had the idea to create jokes, make up stupid conspiracies etc. Sickens me. The internet is a huge place. For all you know, the next person to view this thread could know someone from the disaster. How do you think they would feel if you were making jokes about it. It would hurt them alot, and why? Because you tried to be funny.

Be More Considerate.

/rant off

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, the 3rd plane! They honestly need to step up security because it's getting beyond ridiculous!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Just to answer the question in the title; the chance you die while being in an airplane is still about 1.000 times as small to die when being in a car

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Yep, it's true. On the news and all.
Though all the occurrences related to air travel this year have been tragic and unfortunate, they were in no way related to each other. I believe that i heard the Air Algérie Flight 5017 was shot down, and so was MH17.
MH17 can be singled out as a coincidence, as it was shot down in an airspace that was known to be dangerous (due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine) and that other planes were avoiding, and was shot down as a result, killing all passengers on board.
Air Algérie is thought to have been shot down, as it was flying within the altitude of the FAA danger zone. It has also been noted that terrorism threats were high in the area, and so AH5017 could have been shot down as a result of carelessness from the pilot and cruelty from the terrorist groups on ground. Another coincidence, in a completely different part of the world than Ukraine. Even the terrorism can't be linked, as the two possible groups have different goals and mindsets.
MH370 simply disappeared - we still have absolutely no idea where it is. Similar to what is going on right now, it disappeared without a trace and vanished off the air traffic radar. It's unlikely it was terrorism, disappearing somewhere in the ocean and being nowhere near any large terrorist organizations or strongholds. Again, it was in a completely different part of the world, and just about on the other side of the planet in comparison to Mali, where AH5017 crashed.
Furthermore, news reports seem to be saying that Air Asia 320-200 was in the same area as dense storm clouds (and at the same time). CTV has said that "there could have been turbulence, lightning, and vertical as well as horizontal winds within such clouds.", which could have increased the likelihood of crashing with such dangerous and violent conditions.

But is air travel unsafe? No. This year is estimated to have around 34.7 million flights, and more than 100,000 per day. 4 flights in 34.7 million have crashed. That's a comparatively small number, and really shows how safe it (mostly) is. Most of these crashes are the result of terrorism, presumedly bad weather, and war. Most of those probably could have been prevented by flying away or around the danger zone (Air Algérie in Mali and MH17 in Ukraine) or steering away from storm clouds (Air Asia, if this is the true cause). But for the most part, the majority of flights are extremely safe and natural causes are extremely unusual as causes for crashes.

I apologise for the wall of text.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, it's true. On the news and all.
Though all the occurrences related to air travel this year have been tragic and unfortunate, they were in no way related to each other. I believe that i heard the Air Algérie Flight 5017 was shot down, and so was MH17.
MH17 can be singled out as a coincidence, as it was shot down in an airspace that was known to be dangerous (due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine) and that other planes were avoiding, and was shot down as a result, killing all passengers on board.
Air Algérie is thought to have been shot down, as it was flying within the altitude of the FAA danger zone. It has also been noted that terrorism threats were high in the area, and so AH5017 could have been shot down as a result of carelessness from the pilot and cruelty from the terrorist groups on ground. Another coincidence, in a completely different part of the world than Ukraine. Even the terrorism can't be linked, as the two possible groups have different goals and mindsets.
MH370 simply disappeared - we still have absolutely no idea where it is. Similar to what is going on right now, it disappeared without a trace and vanished off the air traffic radar. It's unlikely it was terrorism, disappearing somewhere in the ocean and being nowhere near any large terrorist organizations or strongholds. Again, it was in a completely different part of the world, and just about on the other side of the planet in comparison to Mali, where AH5017 crashed.
Furthermore, news reports seem to be saying that Air Asia 320-200 was in the same area as dense storm clouds (and at the same time). CTV has said that "there could have been turbulence, lightning, and vertical as well as horizontal winds within such clouds.", which could have increased the likelihood of crashing with such dangerous and violent conditions.

But is air travel unsafe? No. This year is estimated to have around 34.7 million flights, and more than 100,000 per day. 4 flights in 34.7 million have crashed. That's an comparatively small number, and really shows how safe it (mostly) is. Most of these crashes are the result of terrorism, presumedly bad weather, and war. Most of those probably could have been prevented by flying away or around the danger zone (Air Algérie in Mali and MH17 in Ukraine) or steering away from storm clouds (Air Asia, if this is the true cause). But for the most part, the majority of flights are extremely safe and natural causes are extremely unusual as causes for crashes.

I apologise for the wall of text.

Of course they were not related to each other but for the air Asia flight was based in Malaysia and so are the From the same country. As you know as when people die in a air crash its a huge deal why because they die in big amounts And they are a big deal becuase they are rare. Take MH370 as a example no one knows where it is. No one knows where it is. Yes the Air Asia flight Piolit wanted to take a unsual route it was to avoid clouds but who knows the story maybe it had a hijacker on it. Or maybe it is a online hack that is why it is a big deal. Isn't it strange that 3 flights from the same country just crashed, maybe not the MH17 but the MH370 disappeared of the tracker like this did and it was near this area. The reason why air crashes are a big thing
very rare
Mass amount of death
Hard to envestage

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Of course they were not related to each other but for the air Asia flight was based in Malaysia and so are the From the same country. As you know as when people die in a air crash its a huge deal why because they die in big amounts And they are a big deal becuase they are rare. Take MH370 as a example no one knows where it is. No one knows where it is. Yes the Air Asia flight Piolit wanted to take a unsual route it was to avoid clouds but who knows the story maybe it had a hijacker on it. Or maybe it is a online hack that is why it is a big deal. Isn't it strange that 3 flights from the same country just crashed, maybe not the MH17 but the MH370 disappeared of the tracker like this did and it was near this area. The reason why air crashes are a big thing
very rare
Mass amount of death
Hard to envestage
First of all, the Air Asia flight that just went missing from Indonesia. It has very little to do with Malaysia.
Second, MH17 was shot down by pro-Russian rebels. No relations to Malaysia whatsoever.
Third, MH370 disappeared, but there's an extremely low chance that it's related to terrorism. No groups have claimed responsibility and Malaysia doesn't really have any terrorist groups.

Reaction score
First of all, the Air Asia flight that just went missing from Indonesia. It has very little to do with Malaysia.
Second, MH17 was shot down by pro-Russian rebels. No relations to Malaysia whatsoever.
Third, MH370 disappeared, but there's an extremely low chance that it's related to terrorism. No groups have claimed responsibility and Malaysia doesn't really have any terrorist groups.
1.AirAsia is a cheap airfare based in Malaysia
2. That's what I said maybe not MH17
3. I never said it was linked to Malaysian terrorist there were 3 people faking there identity in that flight.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
1.AirAsia is a cheap airfare based in Malaysia
2. That's what I said maybe not MH17
3. I never said it was linked to Malaysian terrorist there were 3 people faking there identity in that flight.
Those three people were refugees and not terrorists. They found one of their Facebook profiles and it was clear they had no intentions of causing any kind of harm or terrorist actions, they just wanted to escape their country for a better life.
It's most likely a coincidence. Malaysia doesn't really have any enemies or terrorist groups, and there's very little proof otherwise. It's more paranoia and speculation if anything.
EDIT: Just a news article covering the Iranian passport forgers - http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...alaysian-plane-mh370-iranian-forged-passports

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci