• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alluring Isle

Do you like it?

• Total voters
J

Joel/MadDawg

Here are some of the thoughts that went through my mind when I saw the screenshots for this map (some critical and some positive):

Critiques
1. The huge mountain in the second screenshot looks really cool, but none it is playable because of the steep slope.
2. I personally think there appears to be too much water.
3. When you take the water and mountain into consideration, a large percent of the map really isn't playable.
4. The cargo crates kinda look weird when compared to the rest of the map's overlying wood and craftsman theme (the clay pops out too much).

Positives
1. The town on the mountain looks incredible :)
2. Overall, the builds on this map appear to be of a very high quality.
3. The terraforming looks well done.

In conclusion, this looks to be a very solid map that with just a few things that I would improve on :)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Normal FOV pics pls
I can get some up later today

Here are some of the thoughts that went through my mind when I saw the screenshots for this map (some critical and some positive):

Critiques
1. The huge mountain in the second screenshot looks really cool, but none it is playable because of the steep slope.
3. When you take the water and mountain into consideration, a large percent of the map really isn't playable.
4. The cargo crates kinda look weird when compared to the rest of the map's overlying wood and craftsman theme (the clay pops out too much).

Positives

In conclusion, this looks to be a very solid map that with just a few things that I would improve on :)
I'll respond to this when I get home :3

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score

Critiques

Positives

Thanks for the response! :)
As for the mountain, we actually want it to be sheer and unable to climb. If it was climbable, it would draw out the games and make them run longer... You do have a point about the cargo crates with clay though. We tried making them in wood but it didn't really work too well. Clay seemed to be the only option that would give variation with color.
We wanted to attempt to make a map with water since fighting in water adds variation to just land pvp. Although many maps do have water, we wanted to stay away from long drawn out water battles since those can be extremely infuriating. The location of the water and the way we have it layed out should prevent it (this is just through planning, we are going to host test games and alter the amount of water if necessary). The town that is located in the water takes up a large chunk of the water space and won't really have water fights since there are bridges going all throughout the town. As for the rest of the water, it's all right at the edge of the map with nothing really out there so that would deter anyone from having a purpose to go there. I feel that we controlled it very well but again, we'll see how it plays out during the test games :3

Again, thanks for feedback, it means a lot :)

Kerkuti

Tribute
Reaction score
Looks pretty good honestly. But I can't tell if this is a Medieval themed map, or an industrial type map. The terrain seems a bit weird. I don't like constant mountains, and I do know there are some flat lands near corn, but that massive mountain kind of kills the map. It looks okay, just not the greatest. Still not a bad map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci