• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Always dying in death match

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
If it's a Skype team of two versus you in DM, depending on the cornucopia, you're absolutely boned even if you're the best PVPer to grace the earth. Conservative play and a crap ton of F&S only goes so far. I'm still a believer in the four man deathmatch. 2v2s with the possibility of the occasional 3v1 are a hell of a lot better than an organized 2v1 as mosts teams of three have third wheels and the weak spots are easier to see. Those in favor of 3 man deathmatches are usually blind to tactics involving hordefighting. -,-

Also if I see one more person saying "you only won because you fire spammed", their computer needs to die. It's a legitimate strategy and, like people in this thread have previously stated, you have to use archery and flame from time to time so if you're already teaming and get beat by a solo guy using fire and archery, stuff a sock in your mouth and swallow!

Reaction score
Stay out of fights as long as you can. If you have a diamond sword, maybe hold a wooden one for a time.

Cakinss

Platinum
Reaction score
I like to win before DM but hey, that's just me. ;D

But if you do find people in DM timer, just engage. Often, players sort their inventory before DM, /stats others, or just like do something next to their computer. What I'm saying is they're off guard majority of the time. I can't tell you how many times I have taken out one guy so it can be a 2 man DM or in some cases, both of them and win right there. Everyone has their own strategies, but if you are in DM, play defensively. Don't go in on someone. Let them fight. Run away from one and rod him back if you have to, but just don't fight until it's a 1v1 for a greater chance of winning. Yes, this is a really long reply but I'm bored and why not.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hang back and let the others fight and then clean up or try to team.
Don't listen to what people say about teaming/cleaning up, they are both perfectly legitimate strategy's.
Use lots of flint and steel especially if the other two are a team.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd usually recommend staying away from the other people
However that becomes a problem when everyone in the dm thinks like that...
to add on to this...
deathmatch should be 4 players and have two 1v1s

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I would just hide somewhere and hope they don't team on you. As soon as the two guys are almost done fighting, come in with your mop and clean up! If that doesn't work run around in circles until the other two guys start fighting. Just try to avoid being hit from behind while you run.

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
*This is for when fighting good/decent players*

The first rule of deathmatch is to never let yourself get lit on fire. It makes you vulnerable and leaves you with a lot lower hearts. In a deathmatch, you ALWAYS want the person to initially start to chase you, it lets you decide when to start the fight, and lets you use them like a rag doll. Just have them chase after you (1v1 situation) and if possible light them on fire/shoot a single arrow and use it like a fishing rod. If the person refuses to chase you, attempt to bowspam, use cover and you always, always want to stay above 5 hearts in deathmatch. If someone is out-bowspamming you, wait behind cover to regen, then attempt to either bowspam or if he is close, simply try to rod combo and get more hits. In a 2v1 situation, AS SOON AS IT STARTS, bowspam. Bowspam, bowspam, and also, BOWSPAM. Bows are extremely effective vs. teams, and Flint and Steel can be unreliable in deathmatch (if you don't manage to get them on the first try) However, flint and steel should be attempted if one rushes at you, alone or 10 blocks ahead of his teammate. Try to use the "Huawhi Fns" (as people call it now, he didn't invent it xD) It would help a lot in not only doing damage, but to disorient your opponent, people on fire in dm normally would run away, leaving you with a 1v1 with the teammate. The outcome of a deathmatch relies heavily on whoever gets the first few hits. If you manage to get a combo in deathmatch, unless its a map like turbulence, holiday, or icarus, where someone can regen by running around the spawn, you do NOT want to let your opponent escape. Letting him/her regen would ultimately lead to them coming back with a different approach, generally with a bow and rod. If you are in an ffa situation, you want to try to stay back, but never hide. Hiding will make most players want you dead, because they know you are going to attempt to clean up. Also getting sandwiched is never a good idea, staying to close to the front or back of an arena is going to make the others charge at you ultimately leading to your own death. My rule for Mcsg in general is "Killing everyone doesn't make you win, surviving longer than the rest does." Basically, you don't want to make killing others your first priority, but instead keep your own hearts above zero.

Sorry if I made no sense, first time really doing this

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Try not to get involved in fights, and then try and team.
I would not suggest listening to what others are saying about this. Do team if necessary. Depending on the situations, teaming in death match can be very helpful and even essential to winning. It is completely legal, and if you are playing to win do not be blinded by the rules and expectations people who are under the law try to set.

CashingChecks

Spectator
Reaction score
Recently i've been dying alot in deathmatch, for example i kill one person then i get cleaned up anyone know any ways i can win?
It's part of the game. Just keep practicing and you will win. Like others said, stay out of fights and try to team, then betray at the right time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci