• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An Evisceration of MCGamer's Gamma Rule

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When I asked kellie why Gamma was ban-able she said it was because it gave an unfair advantage to players [in dark places]

So here is a comprehensive list of why MCGamer's Gamma Rule is complete bs.

1. Optifine is allowed but not Gamma
-Optifine increases fps just like Gamma increases brightness.
-Optifine is an "unfair advantage" therefore to laggy players just like Gamma is an unfair advantage to players with a lower default brightness.
-Take two equally skilled players, one is using Optifine to increase their fps from 15 to 100, the other is using Gamma to increase their brightness from default to max (they are fighting in a dark room). Because they are equally skilled they will kill each other evenly. Now let's shake things up a bit: Repeat the experiment but this time remove Optifine from one of them so they get 15FPS. Now repeat the fight; I guarantee the person with Gamma will win. Do it again but this time remove Gamma from whom has it, I guarantee that they will return to their original state of killing each other half of the time. Don't believe me? I will personally test it on my own server.

2. Every GROWING server allows it
Mineplex

Hypixel

Badlion and Kohi allow it as well.

3. You don't know when you're using it.
Sometimes you download a texturepack off the internet and accidentally log into mcsg with it, not realizing to test for gamma since LITERALLY EVERY OTHER SERVER allows it.

4. It's so easy to do
There are Optifine settings (custom colors) that can give the effect of gamma

k.

I can probably write something similar about UHC Essentials but I'm too lazy right now.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As I've said on other threads, and since I'm too lazy to write a full response. I agree that there is a need for a re-evaluation of certain rules of ours to better fit our community and playerbase :)

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Fair point, I'm actually glad to see a thread regarding this once again because I'm in full support of gamma being allowed.

It's happened to me personally where I accidentally logged in with a PotPVP pack that had full brightness, of course I immediately turned it off and notified Sr. Staff. Mistakes happen, and such small ones like this honestly shouldn't warrant a punishment. Also, for youtubers, no matter your size, it's sometimes extremely difficult for viewers to see clearly, therefore increased gamma would help.

+1

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Gammabright is an unfair advantage.
However, so are gamer chairs.
Let's steal every gamer chair in the world and burn them all.
No more unfair advantages, let's equip everyone with a 2003 Macbook Pro.
How about forcing everyone to drink soda as the most caffeinated drink allowed, as energy drinks provide an unfair advantage?
I think limiting everyone to one click per second and 15 frames per second is fair too.
Oh, let's not forget adding 5 second rod delay!
No bathroom breaks. A body free of poop gives advantages in concentration.
People can only play during weekdays. School/work stimulates the brain, and we want everyone to be equal!

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I have started to notice that this could be a possible change within the rules in the future. I have observed multiple things with this possible change that you can should take into account.

• The rule is put there because it puts an obvious change in lighting within the minecraft realm, if the rule was allowed people that have not been aware of the rule will be put at a unfair advantage.
  • The rule is something that I see is not something needed in survival games itself. When I normally play a game I don't need a gamma increase as I can view seeing that most maps. Remember that a lot of maps are normally bright.

To conclude my statement I would like to put in that the rule could be a change but I feel it is not needed, nor something needed in gameplay.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Again, another thing i've been saying needs changed for a long time now. This was a STUPID rule to ever be made in the first place. It has absolutely no benefit pvp wise, it just puts people on the same level as other ppl who have computer who can handle shaders or just texture packs whos base has it.

Look at all the top youtubers, you can tell most of them have a texture pack with gamma raised in it. This rule needs changed, should of been done a LONG time ago

A

Aze

When I asked kellie why Gamma was ban-able she said it was because it gave an unfair advantage to players [in dark places]

So here is a comprehensive list of why MCGamer's Gamma Rule is complete bs.

1. Optifine is allowed but not Gamma
-Optifine increases fps just like Gamma increases brightness.
-Optifine is an "unfair advantage" therefore to laggy players just like Gamma is an unfair advantage to players with a lower default brightness.
-Take two equally skilled players, one is using Optifine to increase their fps from 15 to 100, the other is using Gamma to increase their brightness from default to max (they are fighting in a dark room). Because they are equally skilled they will kill each other evenly. Now let's shake things up a bit: Repeat the experiment but this time remove Optifine from one of them so they get 15FPS. Now repeat the fight; I guarantee the person with Gamma will win. Do it again but this time remove Gamma from whom has it, I guarantee that they will return to their original state of killing each other half of the time. Don't believe me? I will personally test it on my own server.

2. Every GROWING server allows it
Mineplex

Hypixel

Badlion and Kohi allow it as well.

3. You don't know when you're using it.
Sometimes you download a texturepack off the internet and accidentally log into mcsg with it, not realizing to test for gamma since LITERALLY EVERY OTHER SERVER allows it.

4. It's so easy to do
There are Optifine settings (custom colors) that can give the effect of gamma

k.

I can probably write something similar about UHC Essentials but I'm too lazy right now.
If you keep bashing the server about how bad it is, how come you always seem to make videos and complain about it? If you don't like the server play on a server that you do like.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
If you don't like the server play on a server that you do like.
punctuation pls.

And to answer your question, the server has possibly the best SG plugin. However, is ruined by extremely outdated (and to a degree, pointless) rules, and plugins which don't fulfil the job they're programmed to do.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
For the better of the community I agree that there needs to be a reavaluation of the rules, and there needs to be a change, for the future of MCGamer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci