• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An Evisceration of MCGamer's Gamma Rule

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
If you keep bashing the server about how bad it is, how come you always seem to make videos and complain about it? If you don't like the server play on a server that you do like.
he's not bashing on it he's actually suggesting ways to fix the problems (ie here; change the gamma rule)

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, this is tricky. It just seems like the more mods/advantages that the players are allowed to use will keep growing. There should be no need to use a gamma mod. I don't seem to have any problems with adjusting the brightness that comes with vanilla Minecraft (In the escape menu). I understand (as seen above) that those other servers have it limited to just a mod that has a gamma option. What's to say that players who don't understand just getting a single mod with just a gamma mod aren't going to go out and download the whole package and get a whole hacked client. Then you have more people then there already are, running around with hacked clients that could toggle kill-aura in an instant but, they just had the client to use gamma. To me it just doesn't seem necessary, and I think that it will arise new issues. I also understand my opinion is a lot different then everyone above, please don't harp on me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it is wrong or right. ~Sincerely MrMets

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I already stated my opinion on Jeffrey | JDusk's thread, the rule shall be removed however there are much more important things left to do such as coding a better anti-cheat so everybody can play in peace.
Well, yes, true we definitely do need a better and essentially a working anti cheat, although keep in mind removing or adding a rule takes no development effort considering it's basically Chad saying yes or no to the Admin's, and possibly a discussion about it. So I think the developers could work on a better anti cheat, while the administrators work on the rules, the status of specific rules, etc.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
So are the Sr. Staff just gonna forget about this and pick it up 1/2 a year later and say they thought it was dumb all along because they've done this before, and if you're gonna change the rules no more of these huahwi breaks

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I've said this many times before.

The fine line of what's unfair to others versus what is is non-existant on MCGamer, some things definitely help more than others, but since there is such a wide range of modifications to Minecraft, where do you start?

The only place to start is to start with the status quo, meaning, to align the line of fairness to other servers in order to be as even as possible, because people play many different things and so they should have some order to what they can use.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey admins can you please look at this again I see my tags didnt work

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Question: why are all the mods agreeing? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting what the administration has decided?...

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Question: why are all the mods agreeing? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting what the administration has decided?...
Hierarchy should not decide the outcome of a discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci