• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hello!
If you came to this thread, either you like anime, don't know what anime is, or dislike anime. (Or have no opinion.)
Anime is generally thought of as Japanese cartoon shows, but not like regular western society cartoons.
If you don't know what anime is, feel free to search it up, but no promising that you'll like it.
If you dislike anime, please leave - This isn't a thread for hating on it.
If you like anime, feel free to stay :3 you may learn something or have something to say.

So first of all - The main reason I made this thread.
I'M OUT OF ANIME TO WATCH! ;_____________;
Basically, I've watched so many animes that I either ran out of animes that would fit my preferences, or I can't find them.
Examples of what I've watched (These aren't all of them, but I'll try to make the list as complete as possible. I haven't watched hundreds or anything, but it's still quite a few. Keep in mind most of these have 11-13 episodes, 25-27, or even more. Also, if I REALLY didn't like an anime I won't post it on the list.)
CA = Currently Airing (I don't know when they'll end)
F = Finished (I don't think they'll start up again)
U = Unsure (I don't know their current status)
I'll also try to rate them on how much I enjoyed them, so you can get an idea of it. (out of 10. 5= good, 10 = absolutely amazing, 0 = did not enjoy)

Log Horizon - CA - 9
Strike The Blood - CA - 7
Sword Art Online - F - 10
Nisekoi: False Love - CA - 9
Attack on Titan - F - 8
Infinite Stratos - F - 7
Infinite Stratos 2 - F - 7
Magi - CA - 7
Golden Time - F - 4
White Album 2 - F - 7
Outbreak Company - F - 5
Reborn - F - 4
Blue Exorcist - F - 5
The World God Only Knows - F - 3
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - F - 4
Gurren Lagann - F - 9
Toradora - F - 7
Durarara - F - 5
Angel Beats - F - 5
SNAFU - F - 6
Campione - F - 5
Dragon Crisis - F - 6
Btooom! - F - 5
Fullmetal Alchemist - F - 8
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - F -8
Code Geass - F (Watched all of them a long time ago) - 4

I've watched more animes than this, but some I didn't like, couldn't remember, etc. I took this only from one list of animes, so there's probably over 10 that I left out.
If you can perhaps recommend anime(s) that I should watch (Or anyone else, since this is a public thread!!) that'd be awesome :3

I know some people will probably call me picky, but tbh you only watch anime because you enjoy it, right?
Categories I like, tend to be drawn towards, or have watched most of:
School/Slice of Live - Basically, there's elements of it that happen in school, or ordinary places/events etc.
Romance - I'm not usually the type of person that likes romance, but anime can often pull it off in a way that entertains well, and I have watched a lot of animes with romance in it, and quite frankly enjoyed them.
Ecchi - Unfortunately, romance is often accompanied by ecchi. I don't enjoy it, but neither am I against it. I'm not new to ecchi, so I don't really care if an anime has it. However, no hentais.
Action - Of course, action! I'm a pvper :p
Adventure - nuff said
Comedy - huehuehue
Drama - I've watched a lotta drama anime, and something about the suspense and whatnot can be exciting.
Fantasy - To an extent, I've enjoyed this.
Game - SAO and Log Horizon are good examples of this. Really awesome.
Harem - This is also tied in with romance, and there's been a bunch of animes that had this, which I was not expecting. Basically it's where there's either a bunch of girls going after one guy, or a bunch of guys going after one girl. (I tend to avoid the second one)
Sci-Fi - Pretty interesting
Mecha - I'd have to say this was one of the first genres I enjoyed, as Code Geass was one of the first animes I watched.

Also, just for reference, I really can't stand animes with bad haircuts ;_; Romance animes tend to have good examples of decent hair, while there are a lot of animes that you'll find with awful looking hair. (IMO) Examples of hair that wasn't bad can be found in SAO, Log Horizon, uhhh... can't think of many others, cuz I don't remember the hair styles from most animes unless I've watched them recently or multiple times.
Additionally, animes such as Naruto, Death Note, and a lot of popular animes that have gotten over 100 episodes I tend to avoid, as I've seen them go downhill. However, if the quality of a certain anime has kept up despite having lots of episodes, please feel free to say so.
A third addition to that is all-male animes. I know this might sound kinda weird, but I don't watch animes with all or nearly all males, for no particular reason. (Ex: Sports animes)

Part 2: I encourage everyone (If you want to) to request anime recommendations, and post their "styles" so that they can get accurate recommendations.
Maybe you ran out, or you're trying to get some more for the future.

Part 3: If you're recommending anime, please either tag the person you're recommending them to, such as putting @(TheirName), or quote their post by clicking Reply. If you're recommending them to anyone, then please put what it's like, such as general plot/starting theme, genres, etc.
Also, even if you just recently saw an anime you liked, or are still watching one, or maybe an anime that's still airing or will air in the future, please feel free to share! (srsly, I go through 12 episodes in a single night. No joke.
ALSO! Very important, please put WHERE TO FIND them. A lot of people watch anime on their computer, a lot of people watch them on netflix, and a huge number of people use their mobile devices, such as iPod/smartphone. (I, for one, watch anime only on my iPod. Mainly on Crunchyroll (The mobile app, free version)) So basically, links, website recommendations, etc.
Also if you can just recommend anime-watching websites at all, such as CrunchyRoll, Anime Waffles, etc. (Please keep it to ones that won't give viruses or have like 100000 ads. AnimeWaffles has a bunch of ads, but it's still usable, while Crunchyroll has 3-5 ads at various points during the video. Those are fine, but preferably nothing that will spam you with ads everywhere lol)

Recommendation Lists (Detailed/long ones, not just lists with a few.)
(Click "here" to go to it.)

Kimberly's can be found here.
(Will be edited with new lists as they are posted.)

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Crud I posted it by accident, didn't mean to, wasn't finished.

Last edited:

PiixL

Career
Reaction score
Watch:
Elfen Lied, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tale, Monster, Black Lagoon, Claimore, Code Geass, Hellsing, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.. uhh
enough for now? C:

edit, aw, didnt read your list..

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Darker Than Black FTW.
What's it like?
My friends is really good at drawing Manga/Anime :)
Awesome
Watch:
Elfen Lied, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tale, Monster, Black Lagoon, Claimore, Code Geass, Hellsing, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.. uhh
enough for now? C:

edit, aw, didnt read your list..
Elfen Lied: I heard thats an ecchi, and I haven't found a place to watch it online.
Death Note: I don't watch horror ;_; I watch anime between 9 PM and 5 AM, so if something's creepy, it's REALLY creepy that late at night :p
AoT/SAO/Code Geass: Watched them, but I'm sure other people who haven't would enjoy them. (There's quite a lot of blood, especially in Attack on Titan.)
Fairy Tale/Monster/Black Lagoon/Claimore/Hellsing/Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: I'll look into them, thanks!
Deathnote

Hentei. JK NO DONT WATCH IT PLEASE NO
:p Reply to death note above
Hentai* and no, I won't watch it. lolxd
Okay bye :c
I mean, as long as you don't hate on anime it's fine, just keep comments on topic and not flaming or anything.

Edit: I edited a huge part of the post, and I completed most of it. As I think of more stuff to post, I will.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I like DBZ, there's like 700 episodes so i doubt you'll finish anything soon.
Unfortunately, DBZ is one anime that I've sworn never to watch :c too confusing and I don't really wanna spend 80 nights finishing it.

....areyoukiddingme.jpg
You've no idea how many time this was said. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci