• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anti-Bullying - Fight back!

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well today. I just wanted to make a mildly short thread on
today's society due to the fact that It's becoming Spring and so more people are active outside. So let me start of with saying how fantastic the MCSG community
is, to the staff to players you guys can really be fantastic people however... In some
recent cases during game-play or mainly in lobbies shall I say, have been some quite
extreme use of violent harassment. Not too long ago a player had told me something
so extreme to the point where it could of caused someone with major depression to have
done something that this cruel society forces people to do and which is never the
answer to use. I will never repeat those words from what that user had said, however
that user hopefully has been dealt with.

References:
http://i.imgur.com/7CyM8wM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SWhWFtT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YfLEYnZ.jpg

Those references are nothing compared to what other people have said to me, but I'm sure
people really don't need to see that. My point is for people to not let this happen and inform
staff (Best to use either TeamSpeak - TS or report via forums) I personally use TS. Now,
what we should also be doing is helping not only our self's but others too. If you know anyone
with depression, has been bullied(Or being) or even has signs of this, please... please do help them.
I've personally been bullied during my middle school years and I can quite frankly say that it wasn't
a pleasant experience. I also had troubles telling or even asking teachers for support, because all they
would do is continue.

Please watch:
These are only a few short videos.

(Please be advised, these are to prove a point and may contain violence)

(Verbal)
(Cyber)
(Both)

For the staff:
Staff, you truly are amazing. However there really needs to be more enforcement upon users harassing other users. What people can say is truly inhumane and can cause people to go to extents such as cutting or even worse because of depression or bullying (both cyber, verbal, and physical). I believe, personally there needs to be an adjustment to the punishments given to the people harassing other users. It's up to you to decide however this is just awareness and my personal opinion.

Ex.

http://i.imgur.com/HftHYvT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2jojaVC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LPty9qT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y6Vgc9Z.jpg

Would you let players like this get away with this?
Because I've had to report these user multiple times
for abusive language and actions.

Thank you all for reading this, lengthy post. It was a little longer than I expected it to be.
Help, Protect, Fight. Let me know how you think below, tell of some stories and no matter
who it is, help them. Thank you.

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
I believe that the staff team should become more strict when someone insults another player. Though it may be just a game, words still hurt to the actual person playing this game. Credit to ExodusGlint for trying to stop them though, what he did was what more of the community in MCG needs to do!

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe that the staff team should become more strict when someone insults another player. Though it may be just a game, words still hurt to the actual person playing this game. Credit to ExodusGlint for trying to stop them though, what he did was what more of the community in MCG needs to do!
Sorry for double post, but thanks ^o^ !

Rooonann

Survivor
Reaction score
Bullying is bad because it hurts people in many different ways, emotionally and physically because they get so used to getting bullied that it makes them believe the words. The reason bullying is so bad is because many people have killed themselves because of it, and were losing our loved ones because of it, everyday people kill themselves because of 1. Their emotionally getting bullied or their physically getting bullied. My estimated guess, of how many people kill themselves is about 50 people everyday, now that is a lot of people, but their is a way to prevent bullying, by standing up for the person you see is getting targeted, or tell a trusted adult you know, and they'll make an end to the bullying right away! And for one thing it brings down the persons self esteem, and then they turn to drugs, and cutting themselves, and that's horrible because we really don't need the target going to drugs and cutting themselves because its a really bad thing. I've left a quote down below which I feel bullies should remember for future intentions.

“What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?”​

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I feel as if enforcement, and strict punishments would be quite useful to implement as part of the rules of MCGamer. I do understand that abusive attitude already is atoned through strict punishment. But I feel as if references like "Go kill yourself", "Jump off a bridge", or "Nobody likes you" should have some sort of severe punishment. Because it generally brings a more personal situation to which the abuser would take advantage on harassing someone on their personal life. Because such terms would most certainly bring absolutely severe effects towards the victim, and in no circumstances whatsoever should people ever have the right to mentally abuse another individual. Especially over a video game.

That Sagar7 individual seems like a piece of work... o-o

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
We already have a pretty strict policy on abuse, but a stricter enforcement of the policy is something I'd like to see.
Indeed so, if you look up reports on the user Sager7, this user had been reported
multiple times for the same abuse yet only mild punishments where done. I can provide
plenty of previous screenshots from multiple occasions if needed as proof.

Thank you all for responding to this thread, I'd like to
see more interest.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
From the title I thought this was going to be about fighting back anti-bullying, which is the same thing as promoting bullying, and I was like "um, no thanks" haha.

Anyways, this is a good idea and I'd like to see the abuse and harassment policies become a little more strict.

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
From the title I thought this was going to be about fighting back anti-bullying, which is the same thing as promoting bullying, and I was like "um, no thanks" haha.

Anyways, this is a good idea and I'd like to see the abuse and harassment policies become a little more strict.
Oh god no! I didn't mean it like that xD

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you've reported said user multiple times and he hasn't been banned, there's a problem here. I'm sure that he has been dealt with appropriately for his actions because we don't tolerate that here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci