• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Any maps you would like to see taken off?

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
What maps make you /hub in pre game because you don't want to play them. Leave a comment of what map you don't like and think should be taken off the servers, leave a reason too and il be adding the maps and reasons to the main article.

Eye of Horus; causes really bad frame lag/difficult game play

Teweran survival games 3, futuristic city; underplayed, not nice gameplay/death match arena

Fortress Pyke; underplayed, bad terraforming, very old simple map

Hub games; weird, doesn't have that survival games feel

Fortune island; really long games, no longer played, it had it's time

Remnant; dark, underplayed

Breeze island; too much water

Dracarys; way too big/confusing layout

Avaricia - I like it but it desperately needs a re-tiering, the lack of tier two's is appalling.

Lobby Games - Only 1 real route, laggy, and has a bad DM arena.

Huruka; too complex, very disorientating. Doesn't feel like survival games also laggy

Teweran survival games 2; most teir two chest's favored to one corner of the map

Solar frost; disgusting terrain for pvp, no where to run, not enough chests, all teir 2's on one side and if you go that way and somebody has a weapon it's GG

Evacuation zero; bad corn for pvp, small, underplayed, no wow factor.

SG 1; very large, traps that make the game last, hardly any chests, disorientating.

SG Japan: really really laggy, confusing layout, no open areas for pvp
I personally like all maps in there own way, gives different variety to the game. Trust me it would not be fun playing the same Overplayed maps all the time.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Lol no kid. Op chests on that map
Don't call me a kid. If you had any knowledge of what makes a nice map, that map lacks all of it. 3 block deep water everywhere, very basic uniformed hills.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree with most of these, but a few i disagree with. Avarcia and Breeze island are both commonly played map and probably won't be removed (although Avarica does need retiring). SG1 will never be removed, it's the first SG map there is just to much nostalgia. Solar frost probably won't be removed and I think TSG2 will also stay. I do agree though, with the release of xime v2 I think there should be a complete map overhaul, add a bunch of new maps and remove a ton.

juzzyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Enchanted forest, as it is never played and is a pretty bad map in general :p

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't call me a kid. If you had any knowledge of what makes a nice map, that map lacks all of it. 3 block deep water everywhere, very basic uniformed hills.
You try make a map, have it accepted, and let people criticise on how bad it is <3

It was added to McSG for a reason, and since being here for about a week or two, I can tell it's been here for a long time . Why would it be removed now...?

Same goes for all the other maps... I mean, the community wanted Haruka, and people are suggesting to get rid of it?

mkay

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
i think we need 2 get rid of remant and orogans they r 2 overplayd so we can make the underpalyed maps (holiday resot) (sg4) (valeyside universety) solor frost is 2 big game always forces deathmatch o and by the way lets discus whos the best pvper (player vs playerer) i think its huawhi good fire ok

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
You try make a map, have it accepted, and let people criticise on how bad it is <3

It was added to McSG for a reason, and since being here for about a week or two, I can tell it's been here for a long time . Why would it be removed now...?

Same goes for all the other maps... I mean, the community wanted Haruka, and people are suggesting to get rid of it?

mkay
It was added to mcsg back when there where no outstanding maps. These days the standard of maps is far higher and I think it's had it's time along with many others. And to your point of me trying to make a map; go look at high feild estate in the finished maps section

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
It was added to mcsg back when there where no outstanding maps. These days the standard of maps is far higher and I think it's had it's time along with many others.
If that's the case, why hasn't it been removed? If they have a high standard for maps, and this is, as you quote,
Underplayed, bad terraforming, very old simple map
then how has this managed to make it through the years and other maps haven't, such as Kharmunrah, Lost Mine and/or Overgrown?

And to your point of me trying to make a map; go look at high feild estate in the finished maps section
Maybe you should learn how to spell your own map ;) (Highfield Estate)
annnnnddddddd.....
You really shouldn't make these threads... Imagine putting hard work into a map, only for someone to make a thread how it should be removed. I mean, we get it... It's criticism... but have you also heard of not having anything nice to say, don't say it at all?

And Fortress Pyke is sooooo not underplayed, I've at least played it every day from the time I've been around.
Who doesn't like simple?

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
If that's the case, why hasn't it been removed? If they have a high standard for maps, and this is, as you quote,

then how has this managed to make it through the years and other maps haven't, such as Kharmunrah, Lost Mine and/or Overgrown?

Maybe you should learn how to spell your own map ;) (Highfield Estate)
annnnnddddddd.....

You really shouldn't make these threads... Imagine putting hard work into a map, only for someone to make a thread how it should be removed. I mean, we get it... It's criticism... but have you also heard of not having anything nice to say, don't say it at all?

And Fortress Pyke is sooooo not underplayed, I've at least played it every day from the time I've been around.
Who doesn't like simple?
As much as every person would agree, don't correct people on their grammar (scribbled out on my phone in class). I couldn't care less. You look like a fool. You hardly seem like an expert on maps and what makes them good. And to regards of you thinking this thread is pointless, have a look through the pages of support about people who don't want the same bland maps anymore.
Please do not reply to this as all you seem to do is bring negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
As much as every person would agree, don't correct people on their grammar (scribbled out on my phone in class). I couldn't care less. You look like a fool. You hardly seem like an expert on maps and what makes them good. And to regards of you thinking this thread is pointless, have a look through the pages of support about people who don't want the same bland maps anymore.
Please do not reply to this as all you seem to do is bring negativity.
I'm simply defending a map that not only I like, but what seems to be a lot in which you exaggerated and said
Well, you're one against 100's
You jumped to derogatory to try and put me down, and it isn't working. That's pretty sad...

You say I'm not an expert on maps, and I can agree to an extent. But you seem to walk around acting like you majored in 'McSG Map Making.' If that's a class, then sign me up! I'd looooovvvveeee to hear how to judge a map, worrying about the tiniest things.

"Oh look! The map has three block deep water.... So Bad, omg!"
"That map is sooooo underplayed, obviously nobody likes it... Omg, kill it with fire"
"Old simple map. Omg, hate it so much"

Last time I checked, Survival Games 4 was also an Old and Simple map...

There has been support for this thread, but you probably didn't also take into account that there are people who think exactly like me, thinking that these maps are fine. You /hub when you see that map, does it affect anyone else? No! As people have stated, these maps give variety, instead of having boring, same themed maps, which are basically flatland with a couple of buildings, hills, and parkour.

Negativity I bring! At least I'm arguing against something that I don't feel is right, and trying to be mature as possible (except for the first thing I posted, coming to this thread of course. That was intended as a joke)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci