• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[APP][v1.4.0] Cornucopia – Minecraft Survival Games Aid

Bigmur

Spectator
Reaction score
Noticed that on the stats page if you have more than 99 wins/bounty/chests it doesn't show the whole number, running on a Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket (S2 LTE)
We were able to recreate the problem and we know what are causing it, we are currently trying to figure out how to fix the issue. :)

Bigmur

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm just going to say this again because so many have asked about it: We are currently NOT developing a iOS version of the app for the simple reason that none of the team members have any experience of developing in Objective-C or in X-Code. The only team member with access to a Mac and/or iOS device has no experience programming in any language or platform, sadly at the moment it is not possible. We are not excluding the possibility of an iOS version of the app in the future, but Joel is going to have to learn how to program first, since we do not have the budget to buy a Mac to our teams experienced programmer at the moment. Thank you for understanding. :)

Swiftwork

Experienced
Reaction score
I have been working on some changes on map loading and filtering for the next update. In addition to the map rehaul, the stats layout has been completely altered to accommodate larger scores and the newly released statistics on the user page! This means all statics elements are now functional! :)

We are hoping to push out a release on the 6th or 7th, but until then thank you for all your feedback and nearly 500 downloads on our first week!

Kind Regards
Swiftwork

Swiftwork

Experienced
Reaction score
BETA 1.1.0 Released!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It will take some time before the market has updated its version, however it is released!

Maps:
  • Background loading to avoid UI freeze
  • Swipeable DrawerLayout for selecting maps and filters
    • Show or hide Chests, Trap Chests, Crafting Tables, and Enchanting Tables
  • Disable DrawerLayout swipe in settings
Stats:
  • All statistics elements are now active
  • New layout to accommodate for larger scores
[Install 1.1.0 BETA]

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
This looks great! Just wish it wasn't just available for android devices..

Swiftwork

Experienced
Reaction score
This looks great! Just wish it wasn't just available for android devices..
As do I, but we don't really have the resources to change that. My time is rather limited as it is with university and all.

Swiftwork

Experienced
Reaction score
This is just so amazing that I am not even going to point out the double posts.
Thanks for the kind words :). I try to avoid double posting, however they usually occur when we update the community on the projects progress.

Usmodlover

Survivor
Reaction score
BETA 1.1.0 Released!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maps:
  • Background loading to avoid UI freeze
  • Swipeable DrawerLayout for selecting maps and filters
    • Show or hide Chests, Trap Chests, Crafting Tables, and Enchanting Tables
  • Disable DrawerLayout swipe in settings
Stats:
  • All statistics elements are now active
  • New layout to accommodate for larger scores
[Install 1.1.0 BETA]

Note!

This application is in BETA so:
  • Not all maps are included
  • Tips have also not yet been implemented
Introduction

A month ago a group of Minecraft Survival Games players decided that it would be great if the service included a smartphone application. This application would include all sorts of information regarding the games mechanics, maps, and statistics. Therefore the group of four, Erik Hughes, Tobias Wrangberth, Rasmus Salomonsson, and Joel Salomonsson, have for the past month designed, developed and tested an Android application. The post below contains information regarding all the work done or in progress, as well as some lovely screenshots.

Home

• Clean and simple dashboard layout
  • One-click access to all sections
  • First time users are presented with a setup and tutorial
Maps

• Top-down view of all Survival Games maps
  • Markings for important objects
    • Chests
    • Workbenches
    • Enchanting Tables
  • Supports multi-touch pinch-to-zoom
  • Regular one finger touch-panning
Stats

• Search for any Minecraft user
  • Display of selected players appearance
  • Show MCSG statistics for chosen player
    • Rank
    • Bounty
    • Wins
    • Losses
    • Killstreak
    • Win/Loss Rate
    • Kill/Death Ratio
    • Total Time Played
Tips

• Tips and strategic information
  • Preferably community inputs
  • Specific per map information
Items

• Clean swipe and scrollable interface
  • List of all relevant items
    • Weapons
    • Armors
    • Foods
    • Utilities
  • Additional information on items
    • Damage
    • Defence
    • Food Points (Saturation)
    • Usage
Gimmicks

The visible “ColorBar” in all sections provides quick navigation between each activity. Operation of the element is executed by touching the bar and dragging either left or right to the item of interest. The choice is selected by releasing the user’s finger on any but current section.

Conclusion

The application is already very functional, however user statistics are currently retrieved from each players personal page and are therefore incomplete. A post I made earlier tried to get the staffs attention to the issue but no results have yet been implemented. We are waiting with fingers crossed.
[Increase of Personal Statistics]

Any feedback and/or ideas are greatly appreciated however please make the title of the post clear.

Download

[Install 1.1.0 BETA]

Credits

Erik “Swiftwork” Hughes – Project Leading, Development and Design
Tobias “Datwr” Wrangberth – Design and Testing
Rasmus “Bigmur” Salomonsson – Resource Gathering and Testing
Joel “Josal001” Salomonsson – Design
Okay, when you finish this app, I really truly believe you should get rewarded. You can code. That is amazing. Maybe they will let you on there team. :D

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
This is very impressive. The app is clean, simple and generally looks amazing. Regarding the topic about an MCSG forum app, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the community in saying, we really want a forum app. In addition to that, if you and your dev team have the time and interest in making one and need cooperation from the staff or specifically senior staff, you guys should email an admin+ so you can discuss it. Either that, or private message me and I'm sure I can get you in contact one way or another.

Swiftwork

Experienced
Reaction score
This is very impressive. The app is clean, simple and generally looks amazing. Regarding the topic about an MCSG forum app, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the community in saying, we really want a forum app. In addition to that, if you and your dev team have the time and interest in making one and need cooperation from the staff or specifically senior staff, you guys should email an admin+ so you can discuss it. Either that, or private message me and I'm sure I can get you in contact one way or another.
Thank you for your kind praise! I might be mistaken, but I believe creating a robust forum app would require direct access to the MCSG web files. Last time I discussed an access related topic with the staff they were not too keen on the idea. The second issue is that I am currently the only developer and my time is limited, now that university has started again.

On a related note we have currently 250 users and 650 downloads, which is great, but we have trouble marketing the application in any other way than the forums. Do you guys/girls have any good suggestions how we can spread the word? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci