• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are skype spectators cheating?

Are skype spectators (telling people where people are) cheating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi I'm a regular player on mcsg. I am a donator also. Ever since I've started playing I've always had someone on skype spectating telling me exactly where everyone is. Its just recently occured to me that this is likely to be called cheating. Now I know that it cant be policed whether or not someone is doing this but I was just curious to know what you guys thought of this?
So please vote below I don't want this poll to be "I do it" against "I don't do it" I want it to honestly reflect whether or not you, morally think its cheating or not, not including whether you do it or not.
So guys vote honestly, It'll be interesting to see the results :)

Liamaster

Tribute
Reaction score
What I think is that skype teams are allowed. Its like your forming a team but someone on your team dies then they spectate and help you find people/chests. Its a good way to stay alive in the survival games and i dont think its cheating.

Liamaster

Tribute
Reaction score
For me its not cheating its just a good way to stay alive like teams.

MochaMillion

Spectator
Reaction score
It's not cheating. It's the same as teaming really, your team mate could tell you where people are even if he was still in the game. There's no rules against it in the rules Chad stated. :)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i do it with my friend, but it's not too unfair. You can still take out teams by yourself

afusinatto

Spectator
Reaction score
It does give you an advantage over the people playing alone. It sucks when you're an individual, but is it really unfair? I don't know. Cheating? No. You have the same opportunity to team up with someone on Skype as anyone else.

I play with my boyfriend and he sits right across from me :)

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think it's cheating, as someone said recently on some other post, the other person doesn't give you any unfair advantages like force field which is against the rules.

oExistence

Survivor
Reaction score
It is technically cheating, but there's no way for moderators to prove that you were cheating. So, we cannot do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci