• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are You Open About Minecraft?

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't express it publicly, like wearing t-shirts or just proclaiming it to people, because they most likely won't care. Around 2-3 of my close friends know I play it, but they honestly don't care. And if you play Minecraft at my school, then you're automatically a loser. It's not like I adore being popular nor care about what people think of me, but if it's something they don't care about then I won't even bother telling them.

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the "popular kids" so u don't really talk about it but a lot of people know that I play it.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
No. I'm fairly popular, I sit at the "cool table" , and I don't want to ruin that reputation with Minecraft.
Our cases are somewhat similar, but a lot of my friends know I play minecraft, it doesn't ruin my reputation at all, it's just a game after all.

I don't go around wearing Minecraft shirts though, I'm really aware to how I look and dress up and being groomed.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Well most of my IRL friends started playing it because of me

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
I was going to, then my friends said it was dumb, so i'd rather not xD only 2 of my IRL friends know i play, cus i have a life and dress veri nais, so people can't really tell i spend a bit of time playing mc.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I think one of my IRL friends knows that I play minecraft. It's kind of like a double-life.

I don't tell any of my other friends, for a lot of reasons. The people at my school who openly play minecraft are not the kind of people I want to be associated with- not because they're bad people but more so because I don't like them.

I don't know how my friends would react, and I know they wouldn't drop me, but I wouldn't want them to look at me differently, plus, there's no point in talking about playing it, or being 'open' about it.

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't tell the friends I don't spend a lot of time with that I do. The people I spend a lot of time with play it with me. :p They don't know I youtube though. They would probably say my intro to me like all day. xD

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm closed about it. I probably am around the top 10/20 most popular kids in my school, and that reputaion would drop a ton if I were to make it public.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
lol I love how everyone is commenting on this thread. "Ya Im the most popular kid in my school so I don't tell anyone" Shut up omfg its hilarious to see 12 year olds decipher on this thread.

DontGriefBro

Platinum
Reaction score
lol I love how everyone is commenting on this thread. "Ya Im the most popular kid in my school so I don't tell anyone" Shut up omfg its hilarious to see 12 year olds decipher on this thread.
They aren't trying to be mean, it's just human nature about how we care how others view us.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
They aren't trying to be mean, it's just human nature about how we care how others view us.
Yes I know, I can't remember the term for this. But if you going to tell this community about your social life. DO it in private some people may be offended based on theres compared to yours. And most of the people here are in middle school or elementary. Kiddos, its going to change in high school. Then comes college.

EDIT: The word is "Patronizing" :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci