• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
Au servers hosted in perth would be fair to us asian players and probably AU players too.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
After reading numerous numbers of paragraph of people disagreeing and agreeing, I've decided to write a few words on my behalf.

Eventhough most of my hatred comes from AS servers, I feel really sorry that they lost their beloved server..

The server,
Where they meet and greet..
Where they quarrel..
Where they made friends..
Where they worked together..
Where there are teams of 5 battling it out to their deaths..

I'm not too sure where all of them are heading now, but I wish them good-luck in future endeavors.
You destroyed,
Their home..
Their shelter..
Their hopes and dreams..

There's a lot of good players who comes from the AS servers that you might not know of. Most of them put their heart and soul to reach the top to be among the best players from other regions. There are around 10 players who are at the top of the leader-boards coming from AS. The legends, the one who put their name out there for AS.

What would you do if someone were to destroy your home?

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Also I think moving au servers to Perth would cause an uproar

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know about Snochet, but Darkrai gets 4 bars to AS. I think he told me about 100 ms. I feel like he said 120, but 100 to be safe.
I get 300 ms maybe 150 if I'm extremely lucky. I don't like the whole idea of servers hosted in Perth cause my connection is bad enough connecting to Sydney :p.

Since I guess I'm a well respected AU player I'll put what I believe here. About 70-80% (still probably being generous) of AU players live in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. Perth has a three hour time difference between these three states just so you can get an idea of how far away Perth is from the rest of us. Now if someone has good internet (meaning top 70% of Australian Internet) they get around 60 ms to AU mcsg. Now many players that I know fall below the 50% of Australia's internet which live in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. So my estimate is that the average AU player would get 90 ms to AU if it was hosted in Perth. Not a good idea as majority of players would get pissed of about the lag and many would leave, only for a few large Asian teams to have a decent connection to AU. As a player that has knowledge on both communities, I'm sorry to say, this would cause more harm than good.

I'm sorry to all the AS players and you are all really nice but no profits=no servers. I did come up with 1 idea for AS but it's kinda absurd. My idea was to have only 1 AS server so people have to compete to get in that 1 server. When they get kicked, they buy donor so they can pay to play. Obvious disadvantages would be you'd have to pay to play AS which isn't really that fair and that many people won't play AS or enjoy their first time on AS as they can't join a game. I had to come up with some idea my Asian friends.

I am truly sorry.

Last edited:

branone

Career
Reaction score
I get 300 ms maybe 150 if I'm extremely lucky. I don't like the whole idea of servers hosted in Perth cause my connection is bad enough connecting to Sydney :p.

Since I guess I'm a well respected AU player I'll put what I believe here. About 70-80% (still probably being generous) of AU players live in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. Perth has a three hour time difference between these three states just so you can get an idea of how far away Perth is from the rest of us. Now if someone has good internet (meaning top 70% of Australian Internet) they get around 60 ms to AU mcsg. Now many players that I know fall below the 50% of Australia's internet which live in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. So my estimate is that the average AU player would get 90 ms to AU if it was hosted in Perth. Not a good idea as majority of players would get pissed of about the lag and many would leave, only for a few large Asian teams to have a decent connection to AU. As a player that has knowledge on both communities, I'm sorry to say, this would cause more harm than good.

I'm sorry to all the AS players and you are all really nice but no profits=no servers. I did come up with 1 idea for AS but it's kinda absurd. My idea was to have only 1 AS server so people have to compete to get in that 1 server. When they get kicked, they buy donor so they can pay to play. Obvious disadvantages would be you'd have to pay to play AS which isn't really that fair and that many people won't play AS or enjoy their first time on AS as they can't join a game. I had to come up with some idea my Asian friends.

I am truly sorry.
Agreed. The migration to Perth would clearly be damaging a majority of the AU community's ping currently received, taking into account the populated states such as Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. But I don't believe the people speaking on behalf of the AS community are asking for all AU servers to be moved. Therefore I completely support their demands.

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
Agreed. The migration to Perth would clearly be damaging a majority of the AU community's ping currently received, taking into account the populated states such as Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. But I don't believe the people speaking on behalf of the AS community are asking for all AU servers to be moved. Therefore I completely support their demands.
Dis guy,i liek.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
We don't want all in Perth only a couple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci