• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyBones

Career
Reaction score
After reading numerous numbers of paragraph of people disagreeing and agreeing, I've decided to write a few words on my behalf.

Eventhough most of my hatred comes from AS servers, I feel really sorry that they lost their beloved server..

The server,
Where they meet and greet..
Where they quarrel..
Where they made friends..
Where they worked together..
Where there are teams of 5 battling it out to their deaths..

I'm not too sure where all of them are heading now, but I wish them good-luck in future endeavors.
You destroyed,
Their home..
Their shelter..
Their hopes and dreams..

There's a lot of good players who comes from the AS servers that you might not know of. Most of them put their heart and soul to reach the top to be among the best players from other regions. There are around 10 players who are at the top of the leader-boards coming from AS. The legends, the one who put their name out there for AS.

What would you do if someone were to destroy your home?
me homethey take home myMe 400 msme cryme rageme want u speak for us moreme want u save ushelp

LordStarFlame

Tribute
Reaction score
Au only has 25 servers.............. AWKWARD
Exactly, that's why they can't move AU guys, I am sorry to say, I have been on your side, but I don't see a way, moving AU won't work there is only one server box for it and you can't split the servers.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't seem that the staff are being completely truthful - correct me if I'm wrong. AS, back in summer 2013, had 12 servers. Does this mean that one can buy dedicated boxes with less than 25 servers? Also, AS had 4 servers from the it's hub upgrade till it's intermittent shutdown. Does that mean - 1 server was running for the hub whilst 4 were working for the SG itself? Not sure, any devs want to elaborate?

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just have Perth and Sydney
the problem is this will double the cost of au ATM we have 3 physical servers in AU witch cost about the same as 2 us servers you might ask why don't we take one from Sydney and get one in Perth answer at the moment AU is set up so AU 1(what we call the first server in AU) has the proxy(thing that lets you connect to the servers) and the hub on it so that cant be changed AU 2 has the game servers for SG on and we cant get rid of that server as there would not be any sg servers in Sydney AU 3 has classic, QQ and BattleGrounds on it witch can not go or AU would not have them and the budget can not allow for another server in AU ATM as they are so expensive.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't seem that the staff are being completely truthful - correct me if I'm wrong. AS, back in summer 2013, had 12 servers. Does this mean that one can buy dedicated boxes with less than 25 servers? Also, AS had 4 servers from the it's hub upgrade till it's intermittent shutdown. Does that mean - 1 server was running for the hub whilst 4 were working for the SG itself? Not sure, any devs want to elaborate?
the server is not already set up with the servers we set up the servers its like building a new pc and all you have in it is a OS thats what we have AS had only 12 servers as it was a Smaller server then had only 4 because we had to fit the hub and proxy.

LordStarFlame

Tribute
Reaction score
As I said they have one server (for SG) there is no way to move only a few servers, there all tied together.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
the problem is this will double the cost of au ATM we have 3 physical servers in AU witch cost about the same as 2 us servers you might ask why don't we take one from Sydney and get one in Perth answer at the moment AU is set up so AU 1(what we call the first server in AU) has the proxy(thing that lets you connect to the servers) and the hub on it so that cant be changed AU 2 has the game servers for SG on and we cant get rid of that server as there would not be any sg servers in Sydney AU 3 has classic, QQ and BattleGrounds on it witch can not go or AU would not have them and the budget can not allow for another server in AU ATM as they are so expensive.
Well give some advise tech man. I get 120ms - 180 ms depending on the time of day. IS THERE ANY TIPS I CAN KEEP IT CONSTANT @ like 140 ms ty <3

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
The fact that McGamer buys over 250 servers (in the form of dedicated boxes), is there an off-chance that CubedHost will provide a sponsored dedicated box you could use in Asia?

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The fact that McGamer buys over 250 servers (in the form of dedicated boxes), is there an off-chance that CubedHost will provide a sponsored dedicated box you could use in Asia?
they don't have dedicated servers in AS and also as i said in my last post it is not measured by how many servers you can fit on take Team Elite we have a 32GB server with one minecraft server on it the servers dont even need to be used from minecraft or even gaming in general.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
they don't have dedicated servers in AS and also as i said in my last post it is not measured by how many servers you can fit on take Team Elite we have a 32GB server with one minecraft server on it the servers dont even need to be used from minecraft or even gaming in general.
Okay, In AS we didn't have dedicated boxes nor shared hosting? Just a computer chilling somewhere in Singapore kept wherever CubedHost is?

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, In AS we didn't have dedicated boxes nor shared hosting? Just a computer chilling somewhere in Singapore kept wherever CubedHost is?
i don't think we used cubehost fro the AS server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci