• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AU Operation Cleansweep

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
AU Operation Cleansweep

Hello Tributes!

We are proud to announce that the AU Cleansweep is going to start on Sunday March, 15th 2015 and will initially run for a trial period of 2 weeks.

After tests operated in previous EU & US/CA operations, it was decided that AU would similar program to ensure that the hacker situation was tended to in all regions. Although to ensure that the Cleansweep in the AU regions necessary, a trial period will be held. This period will consists of 8 sessions throughout 2 weeks. We invite everyone to hop on their kangaroos and help catch the hackers with us with our ban boomerangs.

For those of you who don't know, a Cleansweep is run over a period of 2 hours, during which time both staff and community members get together in a channel on TeamSpeak and go server to server looking for hackers.

In previous operations, this has proven to be a successful way of eliminating hackers from the EU, US and CA networks; however, we are still looking into ways to make the operation even more successful. If you have any ideas for the Cleansweep, please PM Col_StaR, ViolentKitten, BigFella98 or myself (KitMencha).

In order to catch the most hackers, we organize 2 hour cleansweeps during the peak times in the AU network. The times will be listed below.

Times & Dates:

Tuesday: 4pm - 6pm*
Thursday: 4pm - 6pm*
Saturday: 3pm - 5pm*
Sunday: 3pm - 5pm*

ALL TIMES ARE GMT +8 (or Perth time)

*Times may change for the second week depending on how things go this week

What can you do?

In previous Cleansweeps, we have had many community members come onto TeamSpeak and assist us in making hacking bans and we really do appreciate this. In order to help, log onto the TeamSpeak (ts.mcgamer.net) during the scheduled times. Then, poke a staff member in the channel. Before beginning, you must be aware of this:

By joining the AU Cleansweep, you agree that you will actively participate in catching hackers on the AU network and that you will not be found breaking any of the MCGamer rules which can be found at http://mcgamer.info.
After you are aware of that, you can begin going server to server recording and reporting hackers to the staff in the channel. Please note that you will have to be able to record in order to participate. If you cannot record, you can still report hackers by poking staff about them.

Can't get on TeamSpeak? That's fine. You can still help out by recording and reporting hackers at http://report.mcgamer.info. These reports are a huge help to both the network and the staff team.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Will the Cleansweep ever end?
Answer: The operation in the AU will initially last for a trial period of 2 weeks however if we feel it has been successful and it is necessary then we may extend it.

Question: Do I have to talk?
Answer: No, you don't have to talk, but you can if you'd like.

Question: Do I have to record?
Answer: Yes, we are only allowing those who can record to join; however, if you want to help out, you can still message us people you suspect are hacking.

Question: Why do you post all the times when hackers can see it?
Answer: Most hackers will not check the forums, and won't even know that we are there. In addition to this, we do impromptu Cleansweeps as well.

Question: Aussie Aussie Aussie?
Answer: Oi Oi Oi!

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and I hope you will assist myself and the rest of the staff team in resolving the AU hacker situation!

Last edited:

TeeArrr

Quantum
Reaction score
AU Operation Cleansweep

Hello Tributes!

We are proud to announce that the AU Cleansweep is going to start on Sunday March, 15th 2015 and will initially run for a trial period of 2 weeks.

After tests operated in previous EU & US/CA operations, it was decided that AU would similar program to ensure that the hacker situation was tended to in all regions. Although to ensure that the Cleansweep in the AU regions necessary, a trial period will be held. This period will consists of 8 sessions throughout 2 weeks. We invite everyone to hop on their kangaroos and help catch the hackers with us with our ban boomerangs.

For those of you who don't know, a Cleansweep is run over a period of 2 hours, during which time both staff and community members get together in a channel on TeamSpeak and go server to server looking for hackers.

In previous operations, this has proven to be a successful way of eliminating hackers from the EU, US and CA networks; however, we are still looking into ways to make the operation even more successful. If you have any ideas for the Cleansweep, please PM Col_StaR, ViolentKitten, BigFella98 or myself (KitMencha).

In order to catch the most hackers, we organize 2 hour cleansweeps during the peak times in the AU network. The times will be listed below.

Times & Dates:

Tuesday: 4pm - 6pm*
Thursday: 4pm - 6pm*
Saturday: 3pm - 5pm*
Sunday: 3pm - 5pm*