• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AU Update: New server going online tonight!

Morzan15

Spectator
Reaction score
This is awesome news!! I've been waiting for this to happen so i can buy some membership (didn't wanna waste time/money on the lagged servers) and now i can Thank you :D!!!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 GB RAM for each of the servers is ridiculous!
More RAM but less servers! Like this post
if you want extreme smooth server ticks per
second and optimal gameplay. Btw,@Chad plz keep
NCP updated all the time and also get the PlzNoHack plugin.
1GB of RAM per server is more than enough per SG server with our optimizations we did. All servers do run at 20TPS unless lost ridge loads (seriously!) and NCP is always updated. :)

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
1GB of RAM per server is more than enough per SG server with our optimizations we did. All servers do run at 20TPS unless lost ridge loads (seriously!) and NCP is always updated. :)
Isnt true that NCP has been much harder to deal with/configure compared to the 1.2.x days?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we think more and more the new developers have not been designing NCP for PvP environments and it has been a challenge modifying the configurations to allow normal PvP actions. We made improvements, but not 100% yet, I would say maybe 80% there.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Noooo, the CA location is changing? :( I have an amazing connection!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Noooo, the CA location is changing? :( I have an amazing connection!

We are still looking into it as some people complain the server has spotty connection. If it improves, we will leave it as is.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
When is 'tonight' for you guys?

Or is it tonight for us?

FrickFlock

Tribute
Reaction score
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

love ya chad

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, since everyone's been amazed at the fact they got a number on a thread and not being serious, I guess I'll be the formal one.

I say this from the bottom of my heart, ChadTheDJ and when I say this I speak for the entire Australian community.

Every Australian that plays MCSG has had fun; except for one crucial thing. That is lag. Australians have had it rough, at first we didn't have our own servers, then we had Singaporean servers which were only a small step up and finally our own servers, Australian servers. But when those Australian servers freeze every 10 seconds we go back to that key factor, lag. Chad has made a huge investment, he pays probably to much for us. But instead of thanking Chad for considering us and putting in a huge amount for us we complain about lag and make a fuss. Chad now is paying a ton of money for us, we should thank him. I speak on behalf of the whole Australian community when I say this,

Thank you, Chad. For each Australian that plays MCSG you've made their MCSG lives easier, that's all we've ever wanted from down under.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But instead of thanking Chad for considering us and putting in a huge amount for us we complain about lag and make a fuss. Chad now is
Like, $400 for each server. That's a LOT of donors, plus the costs of the other regions.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Like, $400 for each server. That's a LOT of donors, plus the costs of the other regions.
It's not per server you silly goose. :p It's for all of the Australian servers, although it's additional. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci