• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bans for investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
All members who are involved in the investigation have had their forum accounts temp banned or now have limited accessibility.
So THAT'S what happened, thanks for the extra info. I'm a bit more relieved now. :)

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In this post I’ll just be referring to the temp-banned people as “revolutionaries”. Whether you agree with this term or not, it’s what I’ll be using (not for direct definition).

The possible revolutionaries (according to the staff) are trying to cause drama and harassing the staff. In return, the staff have temporarily banned them and released this statement until they are proven innocent or guilty. That’s what I’ve drawn as the general conclusion so far.

There’s the issue of whether or not this whole thing should be taken as “just a game”. It’s true this is just a Minecraft server but it’s also true that this whole thing bleeds into real life. The staff have been harassed by the revolutionaries and it’s taken a physical/mental toll on them. However, by banning them you have denied them a right to the community. Cutting someone off from a group of people harms them mentally as well- the staff aren’t the only one being affected by this stress. This community actually means a lot to some people (including me) and to be silenced for trying to rid it of corruption is absurd.

Yes, it’s causing drama. But if it is necessary drama is the question. It’s causing stress and problems for a lot of people, but at the same time it’s a chance to expose any wrongdoing that’s been going on behind the curtain of MCSG. Both sides have the ability to lie. The revolutionaries could exaggerate this “corruption” out of proportion and the staff could just silence any criticism and deny any statements. I already know at least one staff member will be mocking me for this post. They’ve called me a “pathetic liar” before. The staff isn’t perfect and neither is the community- at least admit to it and prove that you’re honest.

I’ve made unnecessary posts about the staff before, I’ll admit. This could end up being one of them. I realize there is a trial deciding whether or not the wrong-doers are actually guilty, however, it seems that the jury is made up entirely of staff. I’m trying not to take bias in this (I know I usually do) but does that really seem fair? Nobody in the community can see the evidence. Yes, there are privacy issues and we should trust the staff to do their jobs, but them doing their jobs has resulted in the silencing of several people who were related to the Summit. No, I wasn’t at the Summit. I don’t know the full details of the situation. But this should just prove that this is the view of someone who has access to limited information.

Again, some people will tell me to shut up because it’s just a game. But if it’s real enough to cause stress problems for some people, then it’s sure as hell real enough to fight for how the servers end up.

TL;DR: Stupid people are why we can't have nice things.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Everybody please don't jump to conclusions, wait for the full details to come out before making your decision. I myself don't know everything that is going on, so please have some faith in the staff as they only want to benefit the community. Before you say I am on the Staff's side, I am not. I've heard things from both sides and I won't be on one side until I also know the story. So please be patient as they sort this out.
According to Sanorit's (Tironas, I'm not an idiot) post, they were temporarily banned because the staff did the same thing. They jumped to conclusions. It wasn't intended to be malicious towards the staff, but the staff just thought it would have gone out of proportion and then they made the conclusion.
I really hope this whole situation gets solved soon because it's sad to see so many amazing people leave the forums. Bad enough already that official resignations are popping up on the forums left and right. I don't think they ever intended to do anything wrong, so I don't see why they were banned.
Well that's my opinion on the situation.

briannkh

Spectator
Reaction score
honestly, i don't know the whole plot to this "investigation", but what from what i'm picking up, in my opinion ( and don't hold me to this, like i said i don't know the whole back-story ), mcsg just really needs to get back to where it was when the server first started. the drama needs to stop, and people need to remember how to respect each other. obviously that isn't going to happen right away, but i feel like if the people involved can't handle themselves on this server like a mature person should, then they need to be removed from it, that being the end of the story & not having anymore thought put into this. ban the people who were causing the problem, point blank.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
In this post I’ll just be referring to the temp-banned people as “revolutionaries”. Whether you agree with this term or not, it’s what I’ll be using (not for direct definition).

The possible revolutionaries (according to the staff) are trying to cause drama and harassing the staff. In return, the staff have temporarily banned them and released this statement until they are proven innocent or guilty. That’s what I’ve drawn as the general conclusion so far.

There’s the issue of whether or not this whole thing should be taken as “just a game”. It’s true this is just a Minecraft server but it’s also true that this whole thing bleeds into real life. The staff have been harassed by the revolutionaries and it’s taken a physical/mental toll on them. However, by banning them you have denied them a right to the community. Cutting someone off from a group of people harms them mentally as well- the staff aren’t the only one being affected by this stress. This community actually means a lot to some people (including me) and to be silenced for trying to rid it of corruption is absurd.

Yes, it’s causing drama. But if it is necessary drama is the question. It’s causing stress and problems for a lot of people, but at the same time it’s a chance to expose any wrongdoing that’s been going on behind the curtain of MCSG. Both sides have the ability to lie. The revolutionaries could exaggerate this “corruption” out of proportion and the staff could just silence any criticism and deny any statements. I already know at least one staff member will be mocking me for this post. They’ve called me a “pathetic liar” before. The staff isn’t perfect and neither is the community- at least admit to it and prove that you’re honest.

I’ve made unnecessary posts about the staff before, I’ll admit. This could end up being one of them. I realize there is a trial deciding whether or not the wrong-doers are actually guilty, however, it seems that the jury is made up entirely of staff. I’m trying not to take bias in this (I know I usually do) but does that really seem fair? Nobody in the community can see the evidence. Yes, there are privacy issues and we should trust the staff to do their jobs, but them doing their jobs has resulted in the silencing of several people who were related to the Summit. No, I wasn’t at the Summit. I don’t know the full details of the situation. But this should just prove that this is the view of someone who has access to limited information.

Again, some people will tell me to shut up because it’s just a game. But if it’s real enough to cause stress problems for some people, then it’s sure as hell real enough to fight for how the servers end up.

TL;DR: Stupid people are why we can't have nice things.

I believe they will be providing evidence, as long as the evidence doesn't affect anyone's privacy.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
What annoys me is that they are perma-banning people, who were just involved in the Peace Summit. And didn't do anything wrong in the slightest or didn't even have any idea of what was actually happening. And accusing them or banning them on suspicion of essentially, and I quote, from my 800+ month ban; conspiracy against the community.

Although they banned me, it's not a surprise. I know a few certain members of high-ranking staff who'd like to see me gone.

Side note: Health issues? I didn't know this turned into 'Play All Week 24/7' WoW.
If you're getting 'health issues' from the game, I've got a cure for you, son.
It's called pressing the power button on your computer and stepping away.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
What annoys me is that they are perma-banning people, who were just involved in the Peace Summit. And didn't do anything wrong in the slightest or didn't even have any idea of what was actually happening. And accusing them or banning them on suspicion of essentially, and I quote, from my 800+ month ban; conspiracy against the community.

Although they banned me, it's not a surprise. I know a few certain members of high-ranking staff who'd like to see me gone.
As long as you didn't break the rules, your suspension will be lifted after the evidence is reviewed.
If of course any of the banned people do not show up in the evidence as having done something against the rules then they shall be un-banned and returned to their previous ranks

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score

Side note: Health issues? I didn't know this turned into 'Play All Week 24/7' WoW.
If you're getting 'health issues' from the game, I've got a cure for you, son.
It's called pressing the power button on your computer and stepping away.
They said "temporarily perma banned".
It's a paradox.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
As long as you didn't break the rules, your suspension will be lifted after the evidence is reviewed.
Yes, but the, should I say, 'damage', will already be done. I would've still been banned for a long time for being accused of something I didn't do. Not only is this going to make me distrust the senior staff even more, it's going to make me somewhat tempted to not come back to this community any more because of the way things are being done. (Which, funnily enough, was discussed).

Reqless

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok so I will share my little story with you guys.

I was cyber-bullied for 3 years. Everyday people left mean comments on my facebook pictures, everyday I saw new messages popping up in my facebook inbox. Guess what. When I read them the first time, I though ''Well, yeah this will go over, this won't last long''. I kept on believing that. For a week. A month. But then I had to realise that I really couldn't stand this much longer.

After 2 years of constantly harrassment and ugly and mean comments my life took a dramatic turn. I closed my facebook, I didn't have a social life, I was only home, in front of my computer screen playing call of duty and minecraft. I lost all my friends, I started skipping school, I was just home, in front of my computer. I was being harrassed and bullied on Call of Duty and Minecraft too. Just as much. I don't know what made the guys I once called friends starting to bully me from the beginning, but when it even came this far that I as being bullied on games like minecraft and call of duty too, something just said stop. I stopped everything. The days went by and I was just sitting in my room.

I wont tell the rest of the story here and now, I guess u can pm me if you really need to know, but anyway. My point is, that CYBER BULLYING can actually hurt people more then you would think. This comes from a guy that has been cyberbullied for 3 years. So please, just please, understand the whole situation.

-Zimpley out.. (Sorry for any grammar errors, and anything like that, it's 4:47 here now and I haven't slept in 30-35 hours.)

Edit: This is NOT ment to be a way for me to gain attention or sympathy I just want you guys to know how much cyber bullying can actually affect someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci