• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best Removed Map?

Which removed SG Map was your favorite?

• Overgrown Arena

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • MCSG Ruins

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Skylands Survival

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Yellowstone

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Hungry Hills

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Asia Games

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Lost Mine

Votes: 33 21.3%
  • Hell Games

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • SG Ancient Japan

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • Lost Ridge

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Every map on that list besides Hungry Hills and Skylands were nothing but a joke, which is kind of why they were removed in the first place.

I still don't understand the reason for removing Skylands, I played on that map quite a bit, and loved it. Hungry Hills was the one taking a beating from the noobs, which is completely unfortunate since that map was basically a shadowed masterpiece.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Every map on that list besides Hungry Hills and Skylands were nothing but a joke, which is kind of why they were removed in the first place.

I still don't understand the reason for removing Skylands, I played on that map quite a bit, and loved it. Hungry Hills was the one taking a beating from the noobs, which is completely unfortunate since that map was basically a shadowed masterpiece.
Yes because a differing opinion makes someone a noob. /s

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
EvermoreHD (tagging you since double-quoting seems to be faulty), by that I meant that some people were taking Hungry Hills, and not even giving it a try at all. I liked this post, because it was supposed to sum up that statement in a shorter manner.
The only problem with hungry hills is that every time it gets added back, a bunch of noobs complain:
"Ugh, I hate this map, I actually have to look for chests, and I actually have to manage my hunger, and the games take an extra ten minutes. This map is too hard and I suck, therefore I don't like this map."
I was never saying that people without opinions are noobs, I was saying that the people who don't have a good reason for hating the maps are noobs.

Anything else, Evermore?

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
EvermoreHD (tagging you since double-quoting seems to be faulty), by that I meant that some people were taking Hungry Hills, and not even giving it a try at all. I liked this post, because it was supposed to some up that statement in a shorter manner.

I was never saying that people without opinions are noobs, I was saying that the people who don't have a good reason for hating the maps are noobs.

Anything else, Evermore?
From what I observe, players do have legitimate reasons on disliking Hungry Hills. For example, it's too big, too little chests, etc. These are all reasons that you obviously don't agree with, but it doesn't make them noobs.

Edit: Players obviously had "given the map a try" at least once if they are complaining.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
From what I observe, players do have legitimate reasons on disliking Hungry Hills. For example, it's too big, too little chests, etc. These are all reasons that you obviously don't agree with, but it doesn't make them noobs.
And that's okay, a legitimate, subtle reason against why a map is bad is perfectly fine, but 90% of the arguments I've seen are just something that people can't adapt to. If you can't find chests, it will take you not even 10 minutes to develop some form of a chest route.

A good argument is that the map is a little too big, and it's hard to find players, Hell, I even agree with this myself. But 90% of the arguments I see in-game are: "omg wtf why did this map gets voted theres like no chests"

There's a difference between stating an opinion, or just acting like a complete moron. I'm referring to the negative side, which you don't seem to understand yet.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Definitely Ancient Japan. I voted skylands before realizing that Ancient Japan is Ancient Japan, not Asia Games which I didn't like very much :p Silleh me. Ancient Japan lagged a ton though, so I could barely play it. From what I played on it well though, it was a great map. I loved it.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And that's okay, a legitimate, subtle reason against why a map is bad is perfectly fine, but 90% of the arguments I've seen are just something that people can't adapt to. If you can't find chests, it will take you not even 10 minutes to develop some form of a chest route.

A good argument is that the map is a little too big, and it's hard to find players, Hell, I even agree with this myself. But 90% of the arguments I see in-game are: "omg wtf why did this map gets voted theres like no chests"

There's a difference between stating and opinion, or just acting like a complete moron. I'm referring to the negative side, which you don't seem to understand yet.
My personal opinion is that map does have a severe lack of chests, considering the size. It's a legitimate reason cause it affects the enjoyment of playing the map when you're constantly trying not to starve. For this reason, I find the map not enjoyable to play.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that map does have a severe lack of chests, considering the size. It's a legitimate reason cause it affects the enjoyment of playing the map when you're constantly trying not to starve. For this reason, I find the map not enjoyable to play.
And see? That's a good opinion, since it's subtle, my opinion differs, cause I believe that the low amount of chests adds some thrill to the game, and everybody is truly equal. (Except those who got lucky at corn.)

I can respect opinions with quality, but not those with no thought put into them.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
lolnoob u hav bad opinyin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci