• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty issue, we know

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems we had an exploit for bounty where points have been lost and or gained in mass quantities. We have a backup of the database where we will be resetting the "total bounty" and "most bounty" stats with an older version tomorrow. Sorry to anyone who was affected by this but as of now, anyone who does this exploit will be permabanned if our moderators see you doing it. Our developers are on it and will be fixing the issue tomorrow.

I want to state that other statistics like victories, kill streaks and everything else is fine. MCSG has had a long record on not letting anything like this happen in a very long time. We would like to apologies to everyone with this hiccup and will be working the best we can to get it back.

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
As i know a lot of people didnt used that bug but they killed people with a lot of points and they go a lot of points will they get banned too ?

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Will be writing a piece on this subject tomorrow. Sorry to say it, but I really feel that this is being handled poorly.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As i know a lot of people didnt used that bug but they killed people with a lot of points and they go a lot of points will they get banned too ?
No, we are only banning the users who are actually caught doing this. The people with a lot of points will just be reset back to the number they had a few days ago.

polarisXD

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming this Chad, many people didn't believe that they could get banned for it.

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
No, we are only banning the users who are actually caught doing this. The people with a lot of points will just be reset back to the number they had a few days ago.
ok :) good

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
Chad u should take a pic or save the current leaderboards cuz people will see that they will get banned and bounty their points away like some people already did :I

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really feel that this is being handled poorly.
Really, we cannot control an action of a few. How we are handling it really goes for protecting the whole community as we are a target all the time. We have backups, so we will be using them soon.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Will be writing a piece on this subject tomorrow. Sorry to say it, but I really feel that this is being handled poorly.
I agree, I was on a stream yesterday and there were a couple of mods there. Thena few people with over 1million points show up and their reaction is basically "ugh, not those guys again." Even when the mods knew it was a bannable offense. And there was a bunty for 500k on a guy on the stream, so it was too clear.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Zeno Its not exactly easy fiddling with the MySQL Database that keeps track of millions of individual player statistics. I think they handled it as best they could.
I think way more could get banned earlier to show the whole community we dont respect this kind of behaviour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci