• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Brace yourselves... [The 5th MCGamer Awards Update]

Do you like the way the MCGA sounds like so far?

• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
c:

I should probably mention that while I don't personally want Tomahawk/Huahwi/Other big-name YouTubers to be eligible for a Livestreamer ranking, they do deserve it. Even though they gained their starting fanbase from YouTube, they still do put undeniable effort into Livestreaming.
As a small-time Twitch livestreamer who didn't start out with a fanbase, I'm biased. Whether or not they are DQed from a livestreamer category isn't up to my opinion, but whether or not they deserve a shot at it.
If I try to be unbiased, then to be honest I do think that they are deserving of a fair opportunity to be placed in a livestreamer category.

However, if they affect the results by asking people to vote for them (or giving sharp hints) then I'll get "slightly" upset.

And then again, we don't even know for sure that there will be a Livestreamer category! :p They might just make "Media content creator" or something.

Additionally, I definitely think that both Miner9823 and BitoBain have real shots at surpassing me on Best Forumer. I've held that position for a few months, and I'm perfectly content with letting someone new claim that title - if the community deems them worthy, of course!
I can't deny that I've grown much more inactive in terms of detailed posts; and while I'm still a presence on the forums, I think that I'm no longer on the level that I once was.

In the words of Col_StaR,
On the other hand, you're also a very vocal and outspoken person. . . And because you are so popular, people rally behind you as a political commentator.
I'm more the type of guy to comment and speak out on controversial topics and heated (but civil) debates, which is something that the forums has had a lack of recently (IMO). I've had less places that suit my posting style, and thus I simply haven't posted that much.
The MCGamer V2 (Or as I like to call it, MCGamer: Reloaded) update should bring some awesome new subjects due to the new minigames, maps, and systems. If all goes well, hopefully we'll all have some more things to discuss here on the forums :)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
c:

I should probably mention that while I don't personally want Tomahawk/Huahwi/Other big-name YouTubers to be eligible for a Livestreamer ranking, they do deserve it. Even though they gained their starting fanbase from YouTube, they still do put undeniable effort into Livestreaming.
As a small-time Twitch livestreamer who didn't start out with a fanbase, I'm biased. Whether or not they are DQed from a livestreamer category isn't up to my opinion, but whether or not they deserve a shot at it.
If I try to be unbiased, then to be honest I do think that they are deserving of a fair opportunity to be placed in a livestreamer category.

However, if they affect the results by asking people to vote for them (or giving sharp hints) then I'll get "slightly" upset.

And then again, we don't even know for sure that there will be a Livestreamer category! :p They might just make "Media content creator" or something.

Additionally, I definitely think that both Miner9823 and BitoBain have real shots at surpassing me on Best Forumer. I've held that position for a few months, and I'm perfectly content with letting someone new claim that title - if the community deems them worthy, of course!
I can't deny that I've grown much more inactive in terms of detailed posts; and while I'm still a presence on the forums, I think that I'm no longer on the level that I once was.

I'm more the type of guy to comment and speak out on controversial topics and heated (but civil) debates, which is something that the forums has had a lack of recently (IMO). I've had less places that suit my posting style, and thus I simply haven't posted that much.
The MCGamer V2 (Or as I like to call it, MCGamer: Reloaded) update should bring some awesome new subjects due to the new minigames, maps, and systems. If all goes well, hopefully we'll all have some more things to discuss here on the forums :)

I would completely agree with you on the fact that there aren't many controversial topics as they were in the past. Maybe people ran out of ideas, however I always enjoy being part of some sort of debate. And the one person who I know can actually launch a good, controversial thread would be Nirmit.
Yes, maybe in the past he had only put small amounts of detail, however he had always managed to spark our opinions, and he is a great forumite to me this day.
Also, it would be painful knowing that I would ever surpass you. That's one of the few last things I would want to do, because you had always been a legendary forumite.
As well as BitoBain, he has been with us for quite some time, unfortunately he isn't recognized well enough, this is why I pray to have him win in the MCGamer awards, he is an incredible individual who too deserves some recognition. c:

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
c:

Thanks for the kind words, Moo. It really means a lot. No matter what happens, I'll be grateful for you and your character.

Anyways, I don't think I'll ever be #1 forumer. There are actually a lot of things standing in my way, mainly that I am suspicious of revealing myself, I will probably never start a Youtube or Twitch channel, I simply post too carefully and not enough, and I'm not really known for anything other than Raffle Voting and just over 250 measly forum posts. Mooclan will probably win the 5th awards for forumer, but he may not want to be so active forever. He will probably rise in popularity as a livestreamer, though. Miner9823 definitely has a shot at #1 forumer, in the future. I think that as he matures he will start to be seen as a very good guy to look up to, as well as a creative and thought-provoking poster. His style reminds me of myself more than anyone else.

If you read this Miner, I would recommend you try to repeat yourself and others a little less and make your own points a little more. Also, don't overuse words that tell how much something is done, such as "especially", "very", and "though". (I used to say those words a lot, hehe...) Finally, don't be afraid to be a radical sometimes. If you have a completely original viewpoint, you will be a more valuable asset and will be more respected. Doing so would further solidify your position as an amazing poster!

Oh well, thanks to all of you who have mentioned me for foruming. It means a lot to have a niche in the community. I'm not just saying that. When I have a terrible day, such as today, (I had a huge bloody nose in Spanish that got all over my shirt) I remember you guys and remember that I'm worth something. Mooclan, Miner9823, OhFancy, @NuJaan, Nirmit, Mamiamato24, RC_4777, AGFire2013 and others.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Moo. It really means a lot. No matter what happens, I'll be grateful for you and your character.

Anyways, I don't think I'll ever be #1 forumer. There are actually a lot of things standing in my way, mainly that I am suspicious of revealing myself, I will probably never start a Youtube or Twitch channel, I simply post too carefully and not enough, and I'm not really known for anything other than Raffle Voting and just over 250 measly forum posts. Mooclan will probably win the 5th awards for forumer, but he may not want to be so active forever. He will probably rise in popularity as a livestreamer, though. Miner9823 definitely has a shot at #1 forumer, in the future. I think that as he matures he will start to be seen as a very good guy to look up to, as well as a creative and thought-provoking poster. His style reminds me of myself more than anyone else.

If you read this Miner, I would recommend you try to repeat yourself and others a little less and make your own points a little more. Also, don't overuse words that tell how much something is done, such as "especially", "very", and "though". (I used to say those words a lot, hehe...) Finally, don't be afraid to be a radical sometimes. If you have a completely original viewpoint, you will be a more valuable asset and will be more respected. Doing so would further solidify your position as an amazing poster!

Oh well, thanks to all of you who have mentioned me for foruming. It means a lot to have a niche in the community. I'm not just saying that. When I have a terrible day, such as today, (I had a huge bloody nose in Spanish that got all over my shirt) I remember you guys and remember that I'm worth something. Mooclan, Miner9823, OhFancy, @NuJaan, Nirmit, Mamiamato24, RC_4777, AGFire2013 and others.
you will always be the #1 elephant <3

Lovelights

Platinum
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the popularity changes, however for every month from now on, I request that any votes for me are ignored. I'm done being trash talked every month for being voted when I have no control over it. Good luck to everyone else though ;P

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the popularity changes, however for every month from now on, I request that any votes for me are ignored. I'm done being trash talked every month for being voted when I have no control over it. Good luck to everyone else though ;P
It's a pity and shame that people have to trashtalk others about something that is out of their control and should be admired rather than insulted. Sorry to see you have to do this because of the constant harassment, it would have been nice to vote for you.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
So you do not wish to be eligible for voting at all? Meaning you cannot win any award?
c:

Boy, have I got good news for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci