• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Breeze and SG 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but:

As much as it's true, some maps don't get played as often as they deserve to be played, you shouldn't say that people don't appreciate the amount of time put into them. Honestly, when I came to play here on MCSG, I came to have fun, not vote for a map I may dislike just to "show appreciation." I love the maps and appreciate the time spent on them greatly, even if I don't enjoy them myself. I also agree that they are under-appreciated. However, I am here to have fun, not worship the map makers. I will vote for what I want to play. After all, this is a game...we are here to have fun, not make the creators feel good. The same way, we all know that most donors here only really donated because they wanted the perks, not entirely because they wanted to support MCSG. (This doesn't mean they don't appreciate the servers in the same way or don't want to support them - they care enough to care about the perks, don't they? The truth is that most people are too tight on money to spend it on literally nothing, even if they wanted to. Don't take that comment the wrong way.)

I may sound selfish for this...but it's true. Why must I have to "pay" to show appreciation? It's like on another server I played on: People won something fair and square, then they continue to "give it back" to be the "nice guy". Regardless of this, even I, someone who never, ever gave something back was still seen as the "nicest" member of the community, despite others giving away tens of thousands of diamonds... I do not give away something of mine to be nice, I simply give thanks, be polite, and overall a nice person...that's what I'll do for the map makers. I will appreciate it. I will love how it looks...but if I'm not in the mood to look at it or play on it right now, or maybe even ever...what? That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. (I'm not saying that donating doesn't show appreciation or that you shouldn't do it, I'm just saying that giving money and valuables to people isn't the only way to be a "nice guy". Sometimes, being the nice guy is just being polite and awesome.)
Preach it

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe that the best solution to this is to remove skips, or change it so there's only 1 skip, and only 3 map options available per voting phase. Its unfair to remove the maps, but its also unfair for dedicated players to have to constantly be playing the same maps

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
this is kinda off topic but i want a christmas week where we only get to chose from the first 2,3 or 4 sg maps. i want to get a week to bring back old memories like in sg1 when i was a noob and went to the ruins on the small island and going round the edge of the map. i just..... i just want to play sg3 alot aswell.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I certainly agree they are overplayed but removing them isnt the answer. Chad said he would be fixing the voting just wait for that.

Pi3Flavour

Spectator
Reaction score
Lolno. It's a lot easier to keep the probabilities even, and also more fair to the people that like the maps (like me).

Honestly, if you don't like the maps, leave when they get selected. I do that for a couple of maps I don't like. :p
I do that but when I play, the servers are all really crowded and it takes forever to get a server. So i would prefer to just remove skip.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Both of these maps are overplayed, and there have been a lot of other threads with suggestions on how to moderate this. I say that for a month or two, we completely remove these two maps. I like both of the maps, but in the past few weeks, the playtime on them has just been ridiculous. We can put them back in later, I just don't want them to be played 24/7.
This is not happening do to the fact that everyone likes those maps. but i think if we got rid of skip no map would be overplayed. :p

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, This has been Necro'd enough, Locking it, as original query has been answered, Countless times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci