• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bringing Back AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I think one of the reasons AS wasn't very popular was because it wasn't very known, I would talk to people who had absolutely no idea that there was an Asia server, so if it does get brought back there should be global announcements on the server about it.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
I think one of the reasons AS wasn't very popular was because it wasn't very known, I would talk to people who had absolutely no idea that there was an Asia server, so if it does get brought back there should be global announcements on the server about it.
What this guy said, something that ticked me off was the fact that there were no announcements on AS being shut down, the fact that it was put into a 'trial' period in December '13 was on the bottom of a front page announcement, somewhere that not many people read up to.

It always felt as if AS was neglected in the first place, how would one learn that AS was a thing if there was little-to-no publicity about it. No upgrades were done ever. Map updates were done last. If not, second last. They were absolutely no moderators. The ones who did help became in-active because AS was an independent community. We didn't have many hackers because all the players were proactive about keeping the community clean. People thought AS of a win-farm area whereas, contrary to popular belief we were probably the hardest region to 'win-farm' in (maybe due to the giant teams/ flame-wars between clans, HUGE Japanese teams [they eventually fled to US], and last but not least, the abundance of competent players who knew what they were doing to some extent). The only moderator we did indeed have went elsewhere, to AU to be precise (I don't blame him, he didn't have anything to do on AS anyways, look where he is now, a Sr. Mod!)

As Rihanna said (Something along the lines of...) - Are you going to just gonna stand there and watch me *us* burn?

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
KRaidium. Most of the players in this list i know play almost 8 hours a day. I have seen alot of them playing on the US servers for about 4 - 10 hours a day with horrible ping. We talked on skype and they are always sad when they got killed by the lag. I hope Chad will read this thread and look at how many players wanting the AS servers to be back up. Australian servers has less than 100 people a day so why didnt they take the Australian servers down? I hope to recieve a reply from you KRaidium.
AU has a huge community, they get a lot more than 100 people a day. Sounds like you also heard me wrong. What I meant was, there are players on that list who are people who live in the US, that will never play on the AS servers.

Tangles

Diamond
Reaction score
OK so I want a simple answer. Will we ever get AS back or not. I know that there is a lot of commotion about it but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Tangles

Diamond
Reaction score
So you are being quite pessimistic about it. I see, but it would be great to get an answer from the "GOD" himself

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
So you are being quite pessimistic about it. I see, but it would be great to get an answer from the "GOD" himself
I would give an analogy from The Orchestra but it might be considered as advertising... think of it something along the lines of not having enough donations to run and the fact that donations come through always at the end of the billing period.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
I would give an analogy from The Orchestra but it might be considered as advertising... think of it something along the lines of not having enough donations to run and the fact that donations come through always at the end of the billing period.
wow keno you think ur cool or something?

Tangles

Diamond
Reaction score
But you see keno I and a lot other players have donated in the past, now do they expect us to do that again? wouldn't just be easier for them to save their money by getting rid of some of the un used servers in the US and EU region. From my own experience nearly a quarter and sometimes half of the servers are not in use. Just to reiterate my point, Instead of us giving them donations why can't they cut some of the un used servers and transfer that money they save to AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci