• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bringing Back AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunter1128

Tribute
Reaction score
First of all, I am not going to lock this thread since there isn't any flame, but I am going to give my opinion.

The AS servers were taken down because first of all we didn't have a large enough player base and secondly because it was expensive. I personally think that bringing back the AS servers would cause many troubles and it would end up like the old ones.

First of all, we would need more moderators for that region. A lot of our staff members can't play on the other regions without lagging or ghosting. If the AS servers came back, we would need staff to accommodate for the new region. Without staff to moderate a region, which would indeed have the same rule breakers that US, EU, AU, and CA have, the servers would go nuts.

In addition, most the regions currently have at least 1,000-3,000 players on at once. If the AS servers were brought back, the player count would be extremely low. Without players using Chad's servers, we have no need for them and, to be honest, they are wasting money that could be used to upgrade other regions.

Finally, they cost too much more money. With a new server, there comes DDoS attacks and maintenance. In order to get developers out to the region where they would be hosted for upgrades, a flight over 24 hours long would be necessary. The flight cost money, the servers cost money, the DDoS protection cost money, and much more... all cost money.

Thanks for taking time to read my response,
Scott.
Most of AS players are competitive based players I have never seen a hacker on AS...

And yes am in deadsun_star

And also sign up: andrewblack9,TheBlackUnicorn9,McBullseye,Elio_Giacomelli_,CreeperYW,Z0mbieKn1ght,philiph_bjork,bedika,honeydew247,getrektboi,awsiome75

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci